What show are you watching right now?

Kath

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Kath » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:49 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:48 am
He's sending sick pics to Kath too??
I have no idea what he's sending, honestly. I just delete them without reading.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:42 pm

This new season is showing some promise.

I'll prolly delay my Saturday evening plans long enough to catch the next episode.

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:22 pm

Watching a tribute to Leonard Cohan on PBS... I've set up a bunch of these to record; it's money-gathering week at PBS. See someone I mostly don't recognize come out to start singing Hallelujah... and it occurs to me... and I ask Nerd... "Is the voice of an angel who looks like Alec Baldwin, KD Lang?" his reply, "pretty much." and turns out, it was her... One of my favorite songs... Rufus Wainwright did it the best; just sayin'

And, about DS9, so near the end of season 4, it just gets sillier and sillier.. now there's a wormhole IN the wormhole that takes them consistently back and forth to another dimension in the same timeframe , where the characters currently on DS9 reality A are characters on DS9 reality B, as in, the first two versions of this new wormhole experience didn't include Worf, but the 3rd time, Worf is there. He mysteriously showed up this season. Next ep; Laxwana Troi... No new ideas... 'tis why Voyager was far superior; not every episode was about people not being who they are and none included Troi's mom, who is the most annoying creature in Star Trek canon.

Oh great, now I'll have to delete another Capps PM before reading it. LOL... keep tryin' Capps, maybe one day I'll read that PM.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Never thought I’d read the words “Voyager is superior” :lol:

Weren’t you the one telling me that DS9 is the pinnacle of Star Trek a couple months ago?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:23 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:16 pm
Never thought I’d read the words “Voyager is superior” :lol:

Weren’t you the one telling me that DS9 is the pinnacle of Star Trek a couple months ago?
Not a chance, since I'm not a Star Trek expert and I've not seen more than 5 eps of DS9 until very recently. You're thinking of Capps.

Voyager is far superior to DS9 and TNG, in terms of creativity and interest. DS9 is predictable, with very likable characters. I'm going to stick it out, despite all the time travel/dimension travel, but curious how it all plays out.

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:23 pm
Voyager is far superior to DS9 and TNG, in terms of creativity and interest. DS9 is predictable, with very likable characters. I'm going to stick it out, despite all the time travel/dimension travel, but curious how it all plays out.
DS9 shines in the big galacto-political(?) arcs, rather than the stupid little filler episodes (just say no to time travel, evil twins and amnesia plots). It's also superior to other ST shows in that almost everyone walks around pissed off most of the time, just like in real life! I hated STNG because they all seemed to be on lithium, no one had emotions or real ambitions. I hated the concept of Data, but at least he had ambitions to be a real boy. When Riker turned down promotion and command to stick with his idol Picard, I was disgusted. No naval officer would EVER do that!!
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:40 pm

I want to like DS9, but the acting is a huge obstacle for me. There's no replacing Jean-Luc Picard.

Voyager was a shit-show compared to TNG, but it's easier to watch than DS9, imo.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kath

Post by Kath » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:33 am

brewster wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:35 pm

DS9 shines in the big galacto-political(?) arcs, rather than the stupid little filler episodes (just say no to time travel, evil twins and amnesia plots). It's also superior to other ST shows in that almost everyone walks around pissed off most of the time, just like in real life! I hated STNG because they all seemed to be on lithium, no one had emotions or real ambitions. I hated the concept of Data, but at least he had ambitions to be a real boy. When Riker turned down promotion and command to stick with his idol Picard, I was disgusted. No naval officer would EVER do that!!
Good analysis. I agree that the politics on DS9 are quite interesting. There are so many alternate reality eps, though. It's their main go-to plot. Now that Laxwana is married to Odo... :roll: she's the most annoying ST character, IMO.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:40 am

I guess I should add 'alternate reality' to my no-go list! My therapist wife has petitioned that multiple personalities be added too. I contend that a variant of the 'evil twin'.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Kath

Post by Kath » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:03 pm

brewster wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:40 am
I guess I should add 'alternate reality' to my no-go list! My therapist wife has petitioned that multiple personalities be added too. I contend that a variant of the 'evil twin'.
Don't forget all the Invasion of the Body Snatcher eps. So much filler.