THE ERA OF TRUMP

Okeefenokee

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:37 pm

If you ever needed an example of TDS, look right here.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Kath, you have a full page of historical pardon info I’ve googled for you to search. As the only member openly flummoxed by this pardon business it seems only fair that you also shoulder the burden of doing the research.
The rest of us already get it.
;)
Last edited by DBTrek on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:41 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:27 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:14 pm
Kath wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Poke fun - I don't care. I fully admit to having a hard time grasping illogical nonsense. I'm not ashamed of it. StA- I don't think the power to pardon people posthumously for not having committed any crimes makes the power "broad." It makes it illogical.

The kid talks illogical nonsense all the time. I understand all the words, but when they come out in that order, they make no sense. Very frustrating to try and understand nonsense. Not sure I would be at all proud if I were able to grasp silly and meaningless nonsense immediately.
He refused the draft. He was convicted.
The conviction was overturned in 1971. By the Supreme Court. In a unanimous decision.

There is no conviction to pardon him for.
Fife wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 am
Snark aside, I don't want to run the risk of looking "obtuse" yet again this morning. So, here's a QRD on what the pardon power entails: https://www.heritage.org/constitution/# ... rdon-power

Pardons are different than dismissal of prosecution (before or after conviction at trial). Different, as in "not the same thing."

Nevertheless, get set for the autistic screeching on 11 about how Trump is up to no-fucking-good with this pardon of Ali.
Overturned conviction aside, he refused the draft.

Trump pardoning all these black criminals to try to win points isn't going to work anyway.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:43 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:37 pm
If you ever needed an example of TDS, look right here.
Don't despair. Trump can pardon Justin Trudeau for arson.
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:56 pm

TFW Trump offers to pardon a draft dodging racist, and the left says he doesn't need one, because he's already innocent.

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:21 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:41 pm

The rest of us already get it.
;)
Meh - I've made a place for the nonsense. It's as meaningful as pardoning a turkey, really, except that maybe some kids (I never did,) get an awwww moment out of the turkey's pardon. I totally get the point of pardoning someone who could be tried for a crime, even if posthumously. Thanks for playing, "let's help Kath understand ridiculousness." ;)
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:22 pm

Fife wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:44 pm
:beardymcredeyes:

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana
Why did he even hire Jeff Sessions? Probably just to piss me off. :lol: This is great news. I'm glad to see some nonsense on the decline for a change.

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:25 pm

Love this. I'm going to in-your-face this on FB. My lefty friends are gonna be pissed. :lol:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:22 pm
Fife wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:44 pm
:beardymcredeyes:

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana
Why did he even hire Jeff Sessions? Probably just to piss me off. :lol: This is great news. I'm glad to see some nonsense on the decline for a change.
He hired Sessions because Sessions was one of the first to support him during the campaign.

The million other fair weather friends who bailed on him the minute he wasn't just a famous rich guy they could cling to probably gave him a better appreciation for the few people brave enough to stick with him.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:28 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:25 pm
Love this. I'm going to in-your-face this on FB. My lefty friends are gonna be pissed. :lol:
/facepalm.

This is the source of the Ali pardon.