Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

TheReal_ND

Re: Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:59 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:51 am
Liberals and conservatives need each other. We need both types to invent and run things properly. Both temperaments have utility. We all need to be able to talk to each other and to work together. Men and women. Leftists and conservatives. Swing back and forth, compromise and make deals. Stop painting our opponents as devils. Why make a deal with a devil?

What deal with the devil? Nobody is offering any deals other than the status quo and that one is poison that will completely eradicate bio-diversity on the planet once the West has been subsumed and the Chinese ground up the last endangered animal for dick pills. The status quo is run by liberals. I too appreciate a lot of liberal ideals, even if I have misgivings about them nowadays, but I don't see any "deal" being offered to

TheReal_ND

Re: Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:02 am

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:42 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:43 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:11 pm
Guess what?

The military is sick of fighting an endless war for a populace who can't be bothered to share in any way in the cost unless they are dragged kicking and screaming.
Spot On.
IIRC, Carlus, Trump wants to bring troops home but was told not by the generals and MIC. How does that translate to being my fault? FFS, generals in the military and all you fuck sticks at the MIC...... don't fight this endless war for me. Bring those soldiers home.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:22 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:14 pm
You don't seem particularly invested anyway so toodle-loo. No point in having an army of mercenaries feasting on the hollowed out corpse of a once great Nation methinks. No point in this Nation anymore anyway.
Not invested? Lol. I’m a mercenary because after a decade of service I decided to get out and make more money? I’m not happy with my $100 for my fucked up spine from getting blown the fuck up so I’m a mercenary?

What the fuck else exactly would I need to give to this country to be invested?

Pray tell me, what more must I give so I can meet your standard of service?

People like you who have the gall to say something like that after I’ve paid more in both taxes, blood, and time than you ever will are why I’m leaving.

I would be mad if you weren’t just like everyone else. I’m used to it, now it’s just funny in a sad way.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:28 pm

Well I mean bye then. Just seemed like kind of a mercenary attitude. I'm not knocking it either. I don't have any great faith in this "nation" anymore anyway. I mean I can buy a yellow ribbon bumper sticker if it soothes your jimmies but its not meant to be insulting you see. I would view it as a mercenary contract myself. This "nation" decided to leave me behind a long time ago.

Would probably encourage my son to get some of that training in fact. If there is any left to be had when the military is staffed with soy boy officers in pink high heels.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:31 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:28 pm
Well I mean bye then. Just seemed like kind of a mercenary attitude. I'm not knocking it either. I don't have any great faith in this "nation" anymore anyway. I mean I can buy a yellow ribbon bumper sticker if it soothes your jimmies but its not meant to be insulting you see. I would view it as a mercenary contract myself. This "nation" decided to leave me behind a long time ago.

Would probably encourage my son to get some of that training in fact. If there is any left to be had when the military is staffed with soy boy officers in pink high heels.
Ah I see, you weren’t calling me a mercenary, but you were saying the attitude is mercenary-like.

I suppose that’s true. I felt no one gave a shit and giving up my self fulfillment for a place that puts flags at half mast for a celebrity that dies of an overdose but not every dead Soldier kind of sickened me.

I suppose you can say it’s a mercenary attitude and not be wrong, but a fully justified one.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:31 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:28 pm

Ah I see, you weren’t calling me a mercenary, but you were saying the attitude is mercenary-like.

I suppose that’s true. I felt no one gave a shit and giving up my self fulfillment for a place that puts flags at half mast for a celebrity that dies of an overdose but not every dead Soldier kind of sickened me.

I suppose you can say it’s a mercenary attitude and not be wrong, but a fully justified one.
Sorry, wanted to add one more thing. Paying Your Soldiers well doesn’t make them mercenaries.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Criminally underpayed for traipsing around the globe reinforcing the globohomogayplex hegemony. I would think the training to be invaluable. In a worse case scenario at least.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:38 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:35 pm
Criminally underpayed for traipsing around the globe reinforcing the globohomogayplex hegemony. I would think the training to be invaluable. In a worse case scenario at least.
I wouldn’t say invaluable. Valuable, but not the be all say all. I would rather shell out money for my kid to have some intensive wilderness survival training.

It makes you ruthless and a good shooter, but you can teach that without the military ha ha.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:14 pm

Kath wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:42 am
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:43 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:11 pm
Guess what?

The military is sick of fighting an endless war for a populace who can't be bothered to share in any way in the cost unless they are dragged kicking and screaming.
Spot On.
IIRC, Carlus, Trump wants to bring troops home but was told not by the generals and MIC. How does that translate to being my fault? FFS, generals in the military and all you fuck sticks at the MIC...... don't fight this endless war for me. Bring those soldiers home.
It's all of America's problem. Mine too. We don't hold our politicians feet to the fire, other than forum ball busting.

So recently Trump sent troops to the Mexican border, and governors refused.

So let me get this straight, the National Guard is not allowed to guard our borders, but not one fucking governor says a fucking word when they are sent overseas. Nationally it's hard to make an impact, but locally we can.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience