California Hate Thread

doc_loliday

Re: California Hate Thread

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:20 am

I'd say the ones voting against these people year after year are about responsible as you are for the state of the country.

CA has more conservatives than most states, theres just too many democrats. Which is something I point out when people say "such and such lost the popular vote." That's not proof they would win with a direct vote when so many conservatives stay home.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:33 am

Here's a dividing line between the liberal city and my conservative town. One has has higher taxes, fewer services, and shitty schools. Can you guess which side is which?

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:07 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:33 am

Here's a dividing line between the liberal city and my conservative town. One has has higher taxes, fewer services, and shitty schools. Can you guess which side is which?
That's pretty dramatic. Sheesh.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:14 am

BTW - you all mostly know I live in a very lefty part of the country, but we love our little town. Taxes are low, we get great services, everyone is very friendly. There's a ton of good stuff going on here.

Not all lefty-villes look like San Diego & Seattle.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:19 am

I talk massive shit about Asheville, but it's really not that bad at all. It's a nice place to live.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:58 am

Kath wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:14 am
BTW - you all mostly know I live in a very lefty part of the country, but we love our little town. Taxes are low, we get great services, everyone is very friendly. There's a ton of good stuff going on here.

Not all lefty-villes look like San Diego & Seattle.

San Diego is still beautiful. It isn't leftyville. Orange county and San Diego are far more conservative than LA. Thats why they are separated from LA in the hypothetical state split.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:02 am

San Francisco, LA, and Sacramento and their metros dominate the states poltitics. Cross the costal range and youre basically in conservative/Trump country. The San Jouquin Valley is bigger than many states, both geographically and by population but their votes don't count in state politics.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:05 am

Orange County is the only place in California I think I could comfortably live.

Well, there or the sparesely populated regions of Northern California. The rest of the state is too lefty-crazy or criminal for my tastes.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:05 am

By the way, we just had our primaries yesterday. You guys have no idea how motherfucked our state is if Gavin Newsom wins the election. It's basically curtains for CA.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:07 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:05 am
Orange County is the only place in California I think I could comfortably live.

Well, there or the sparesely populated regions of Northern California. The rest of the state is too lefty-crazy or criminal for my tastes.

That whole valley there, plus the towns in the Sierra Nevadas to the east, minus Sacramento, is very conservative.