Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

TheReal_ND

Re: Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:26 pm

BjornP wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 pm
Would it be easier for my own political beliefs to become realized, if fewer people who'd object to them, were alive?

Of course.

Would I want them killed, though? No. But naturally, it would be easier to get things done if there are fewer dissenting voices. That’s logical.

Sounds boring, though. Too easy. Wits ought to be sharpened by competition from time to time.
It's a simple question to ask whether or not people of your persuasion find the removal of people of an alien persuasion to be beneficial to yourselves. Collectively. The harder question would be the why, or the how. As for the how, I cannot say what exactly needs to be done. I propose fighting fire with fire. Game Theory dictates that a group working towards disparate ends will always lose to the cohesive, single minded group. As for the why, I should hope that self preservation would warrant a good enough motivation.

Okeefenokee

Re: Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:46 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:11 pm
Guess what?

The military is sick of fighting an endless war for a populace who can't be bothered to share in any way in the cost unless they are dragged kicking and screaming.
Yea, they leave and bonuses go up so they stay and enlist.

Dumb fuck SMA tried to ban tattoos and that lasted a month.

A volunteer army is better for the Soldiers unless you want to be some conscript.
It's that sort of self interested reasoning that is the problem. It completely validates the argument for voting qualifications.

Your theory on sticking around for the bonuses is bunk, by the way. Promotion points have been rock bottom for years. Bonuses have been in effect. Letters have gone out to the IRR trying to get them back in. Policies have been enacted to punish soldiers who seek to separate rather than seek promotion and reenlist.

All of that, and still the services can't retain members.

Latest promotion points,
http://www.cutoffscores.com/files/cut-may-2018.pdf
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:43 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Guess what?

The military is sick of fighting an endless war for a populace who can't be bothered to share in any way in the cost unless they are dragged kicking and screaming.
Spot On.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:37 pm
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:46 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Guess what?

Yea, they leave and bonuses go up so they stay and enlist.

Dumb fuck SMA tried to ban tattoos and that lasted a month.

A volunteer army is better for the Soldiers unless you want to be some conscript.
It's that sort of self interested reasoning that is the problem. It completely validates the argument for voting qualifications.

Your theory on sticking around for the bonuses is bunk, by the way. Promotion points have been rock bottom for years. Bonuses have been in effect. Letters have gone out to the IRR trying to get them back in. Policies have been enacted to punish soldiers who seek to separate rather than seek promotion and reenlist.

All of that, and still the services can't retain members.

Latest promotion points,
http://www.cutoffscores.com/files/cut-may-2018.pdf
I left because I didn’t get paid enough for the stupid shit I went through.

Wasn’t personal, Army did right by me, I just decided if I wanted to devote my life to something I should get paid more.

Drafting people who don’t want to serve and then forcing them to fight and die in some bullshit like Afghanistan ain’t the answer.

My kid wants to join I’ll support them, but if they don’t I’ll spend what I gotta spend to make sure they don’t.

I agree to the extent that I’m moving away from these ungrateful fucks as soon as I get my money. But I sure as shit don’t want to force anyone to fight either. It’s like... compelling people to stand for the national anthem.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:14 pm

You don't seem particularly invested anyway so toodle-loo. No point in having an army of mercenaries feasting on the hollowed out corpse of a once great Nation methinks. No point in this Nation anymore anyway.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:31 am

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Drafting people who don’t want to serve and then forcing them to fight and die in some bullshit like Afghanistan ain’t the answer.
Good comments.

I'd submit to you that if we had a draft we wouldn't be in Bullshit Afghanistan for 17 Years.
PLATA O PLOMO

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:48 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:31 am
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Good comments.

I'd submit to you that if we had a draft we wouldn't be in Bullshit Afghanistan for 17 Years.
Not only that, this topic is being addressed from the wrong direction. Every response goes along the lines of, "I don't like that idea because that would affect me."

It's sorting itself out on its own as it is, and folks are gonna like the result a hell of a lot less than they would a draft.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:06 am

95% of the people have no skin in the game when it comes to wars. Why the fuck would they care. Electronics and Internet are pretty cheap, you'd have to be a dumb rube to join the Army and die in the ME.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:38 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:06 am
95% of the people have no skin in the game when it comes to wars. Why the fuck would they care. Electronics and Internet are pretty cheap, you'd have to be a dumb rube to join the Army and die in the ME.
Well idk. Aside from the actual physical benefits you become eligible for, hell let's make voting one of them, I always liked the idea of civil service or property = vote, for what they are worth, you get good training, or at least as good as you can expect from whatever the hell the modern armed forces are becoming. I wouldn't call the investment of time and blood a dumb one. I think, like the neo-Cohens do, that having a sandbox to continuously train the next soldier in has its advantages. My main gripe with the armed services is that I feel they prop up something that is completely un-American. I don't believe that the troops serving are however. Even if some of them take a purely mercenary view, as well the smart ones should considering.....

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:51 am

Liberals and conservatives need each other. We need both types to invent and run things properly. Both temperaments have utility. We all need to be able to talk to each other and to work together. Men and women. Leftists and conservatives. Swing back and forth, compromise and make deals. Stop painting our opponents as devils. Why make a deal with a devil?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck