Ah the "Show your papers" strawman.

Montegriffo

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:07 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:20 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:13 am

Looks excessive to me but at least they didn't shoot her.
Did you see the full 9 minute video? If not, then STFU.
Yes I did. Punching a 20 year old girl in the head and choking her was not justified.
Poor policing from a couple of tourist cops.
Still, at least they didn't shoot her.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:09 am

clubgop wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:01 am

They are going to cite her that is an arrest. The magic words are am I free to go or am I being detained. She was. They could've done it there or back at the station.
The issue, for me, isn't whether the cops have a right to arrest someone for having a bottle on the beach. The question is whether they should.

It's illegal to own yellow margarine in Missouri. Take this same situation, but replace booze with yellow margarine. Still cool?
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:10 am

Kath wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:09 am
clubgop wrote:

They are going to cite her that is an arrest. The magic words are am I free to go or am I being detained. She was. They could've done it there or back at the station.
The issue, for me, isn't whether the cops have a right to arrest someone for having a bottle on the beach. The question is whether they should.

It's illegal to own yellow margarine in Missouri. Take this same situation, but replace booze with yellow margarine. Still cool?
Yes, because there is a chance the margarine abuser can learn the error of her ways and rehabilitate before she dies from heart disease.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:15 am

"I've been real anxious over it, kind of upset (by) the negative things people say about me," Emily Weinman told Good Morning America. "They see one video, one situation and they're like saying all this negative stuff. One situation doesn't define someone. I'm not a bad person."

https://articles.nj.com/cape-may-county ... arrest.amp
This isn’t the first time she’s been in trouble with the law. According to court documents, she was arrested back in Sept. 2016 and charged with burglary, simple assault, criminal mischief, criminal trespass and recklessly endangering another person. Just over a year later in Nov. 2017, she pleaded guilty to misdemeanor simple assault and misdemeanor “recklessly endangering another person.” Her sentence was four years probation and she had to pay just under $10,000 for court costs and restitution.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2018/05/28/who ... ew-jersey/
:lol:

Poor, poor, innocent victim of brutal police attack - never did nothing to nobody. This time or the other times. It’s all a conspiracy against her by a violent police state.

Rubes seem to have consistently bad judgment as this thread demonstrates.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:17 am

Kath and SF simply have problems with laws being enforced or police existing. Trying to argue against that level of ignorance is like trying to teach calculus to ants.

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:18 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:17 am
Kath and SF simply have problems with laws being enforced or police existing. .
No, but thanks for playing.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:19 am

Full version:

I think they took it too far, honestly. If anything, they should wait for an adult to show up and admit they supplied minors with alcohol and arrest that person.

Also, with respect to the issue of people resisting arrest, in a lot of cases I think you are dealing with instinctual behavior. The flight or flight response is triggered. Their adrenaline is pumping pretty fast. It's not normal for people to come out of the blue and attempt to restrain you. To the average person in a relatively free country, that triggers a response as if they are being attacked (which they are, even if there exists a justification for it).

The law expects people to suppress instinctual behavior right at a moment when their evolutionary psychology is taking over for their rational intellect.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:20 am

Kath wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:18 am
DBTrek wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:17 am
Kath and SF simply have problems with laws being enforced or police existing. .
No, but thanks for playing.
Please, your entire ridiculous complaint boils down to “WHY DO COPS ENFORCE ALCOHOL LAWS ON THE BEACH?!?!?!”
Kath wrote:

The answer is self evident to the point that even addressing the stupid question serves no purpose beyond encouraging mass ignorance.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:24 am

Kath wrote:
clubgop wrote:

Policeman are not legislators. Stupid laws should be enforced to the maximum so people will change them. Selective or non enforcement is how we get into this mess. People want more guns laws because we don't enforce the ones we have now. So yes, you want margarine freedom then posses said margarine but if you are caught then prepare to pay the price for it. Or work to change it.