Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

jediuser598

Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

Post by jediuser598 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:24 am

At times on this forum I see exclamations of "well, when the revolution starts, at least we'll get to kill a few of them before it dies back down." It has me wondering about deeper things here. We're present, those of us who are on opposite sides. Me a liberal, you conservative. (and a smattering of other ideologies)

You have images through the news sites you visit. You have an idea of your opponents, but we're here every day talking to each other, arguing with each other. America is very divided now, as is a lot of the western world. It's a simple question then, would the world be a better place if your political opponents were dead? Would you celebrate their death?

(Is that how far it has gone?)
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Montegriffo

Re: Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:35 am

No.
If there is no opposition you end up with a one party state. Left or right that's a really bad idea.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Re: Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:35 am

No, that's French Revolution stuff.

One of the key features of the American Revolution was reconciliation, not gallows.

Now I have fun with some of that talk, but I value human life above all lives on the planet.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:40 am

There are certain people I believe the world would be better off without. That said, I would not celebrate their deaths (that's seems to be a progressive trait) nor actively attempt to bring about.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:03 am

Are you serious?

Imagine the United States without progressives. Duh.

I am not saying it is right to kill you all off, but to claim America wouldn't be better off without you is fucking silly.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:30 pm

A former Scotus judge wrote an entire piece on repealing the 2nd and sending armed troops into people's homes to seize their weapons, and millions of Americans think that is a good idea.

Canadian progressives passed a law allowing the government to seize the children of parents who won't transition their five years olds to place them into a home with parents who will.

UK police have been covering up the rapes of thousands of young girls for decades while arresting the family members of the victims and muzzling the press to keep it secret.

Yes, it would very much be a better world if those people were not around any more.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:33 pm

Prime example,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:00 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:33 pm
Prime example,

That's maybe the best example we have seen to date of why Left is dying. When Social Justice is carried to its logical conclusion it untenable.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:47 am

No, I wouldn’t want the “other side” dead or gone. I d like the most ignorant members of both sides to be more aware of the world, and to defend their positions logically, but never dead.

Interesting that we’ve already got 2 open supporters of it though. Probably a few more lurking around here, no doubt.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:07 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:47 am
No, I wouldn’t want the “other side” dead or gone. I d like the most ignorant members of both sides to be more aware of the world, and to defend their positions logically, but never dead.
+1

I automatically think about Social Justice and how it is an illogical political theory. Rachel Dolezal proved that rather quickly when a white girl pretended to be black and was in the NAACP. If your political theory cannot have a logical good outcome it needs to be abandoned.
PLATA O PLOMO