The Intellectual Dark Web

DBTrek

Re: The Intellectual Dark Web

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 30, 2018 9:40 am

I’ve already said my approach would likely be like a vote “cover charge”. I don’t need to take anyone’s vote away, let the lazy, disinterested, incompetent, and ambivalent take their own votes away and see if that makes a difference.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 30, 2018 10:07 am

National vote should require military service.

State vote should require positive tax contribution.

Local vote should require property ownership.

Done deal. Nobody has to have their "vote taken away". They should simply have to have skin in the game.

Places like Seattle are a dumpster fire because the renters outnumber the property owners and hold the property owners ransom. Eventually the gig is up like we saw in Detroit, though. Democracy doesn't seem to work longterm without severe restrictions on who gets to vote.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 30, 2018 10:13 am

You saw last election cycle at the national level. It's not so much that people who don't serve are going out of their way to vote for more war, but that they simply don't care and don't factor that in to their voting decisions. Thus you saw a huge number of people vote for the catastrophic failure that is Hillary Clinton. She promised them more shit at home, but she was all about expanding wars overseas. They don't care about the wars overseas. Not really. They cared about the other nonsense she was peddling. But if it were their candy ass that was about to get shipped over to Fuckturdistan to fight some war for ExxonMobil, you better believe they would vote for somebody else. That bitch would never have made it through the democratic primary if all the voters in that primary were veterans or otherwise would have to fight her wars for her.

This is how Alcibiades got his Syracuse Expedition.

Consider that.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed May 30, 2018 10:15 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:40 am
I’ve already said my approach would likely be like a vote “cover charge”. I don’t need to take anyone’s vote away, let the lazy, disinterested, incompetent, and ambivalent take their own votes away and see if that makes a difference.
Apathy does that anyway. What percent stayed away from the polling stations in the last election?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 30, 2018 10:20 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:15 am
DBTrek wrote:
Apathy does that anyway. What percent stayed away from the polling stations in the last election?
Again: what percentage of the millions of locusts that voted for Hillary Clinton do you suppose would still have voted for her if they knew it would probably be their asses getting loaded onto a C-5 to go fight her wars for her?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 30, 2018 10:22 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:15 am
DBTrek wrote:
Here’s an idea ... what if every 4 years you have to renew your “voter license”. Like your drivers license, all you have to do is show up with an ID and a piece of mail or something. AND your ass has to sit there, bored, until some bureaucrat checks your paperwork and hands you your voter PIN.

Who gets disenfranchised? People who care less about voting than they do about driving. What do we lose? The input of completely apathetic voters who have to make a minimal effort to vote is no longer considered.

Will that make for a stronger or weaker democracy? We can’t know without trying, but I’m hard pressed to see how we’re all “worse off” because folks who can’t show an ID and a piece of mail every 4 years don’t get their voices heard.

Obviously I know this system isn’t perfect, I’m merely asking “is it not better”?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 30, 2018 10:52 am

How does that prevent rebellion, the primary strength of democracy. StA’s all for State Violence, and we have 1000s of years of governing via State Violence. Democracy is probably the only alternative that I can see.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 30, 2018 10:55 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:52 am
How does that prevent rebellion, the primary strength of democracy. StA’s all for State Violence, and we have 1000s of years of governing via State Violence. Democracy is probably the only alternative that I can see.
Well, if that you was aimed at me I’d say the citizenry has no more reason to rebel under a low-bar “cover charge” democracy then under regular democracy. Want your voice heard? Grab that ID and mail and sit at the Department of Voters for a half hour to get your PIN activated. No rebellion necessary, just get off your ass and come claim your vote.
;)

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 30, 2018 10:55 am

What the fuck does rebellion have to do with the price of tea in America? The fuck? America *is* a fucking rebellion.

Rebellions happen everywhere. If you are concerned with the ability to crush a rebellion, then adopt the Chinese system, I guess. :roll:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 30, 2018 11:13 am

A bunch of women & losers insisting online that White people are born racists is not a rebellion. America is not even close to rebellion.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change