The Intellectual Dark Web

DrYouth

Re: The Intellectual Dark Web

Post by DrYouth » Tue May 29, 2018 3:44 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:19 pm
I didn't say it was a great outcome, just better than democracy. Democracy is what leads to the bloodbath, not the army taking over. The army takes over to put an end to it, usually by slaughtering the cultural Marxists.
The army can as easily slaughter on behalf of the Marxists as it can slaughter the Marxists...
And democracy has had a decent run in plenty of places... with relatively few blood baths...
The peaceful transfer of power is a pretty cool modern invention... that we shouldn't be in a great hurry to do away with.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 29, 2018 3:45 pm

Is there an intellectual dank web?
I bet their memes are extraordinary.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue May 29, 2018 3:55 pm

"intellectual dank" = oxymoron

. . . and their memes are crap.
Last edited by Fife on Tue May 29, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 29, 2018 3:56 pm

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 29, 2018 4:02 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:44 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:19 pm
I didn't say it was a great outcome, just better than democracy. Democracy is what leads to the bloodbath, not the army taking over. The army takes over to put an end to it, usually by slaughtering the cultural Marxists.
The army can as easily slaughter on behalf of the Marxists as it can slaughter the Marxists...
And democracy has had a decent run in plenty of places... with relatively few blood baths...
The peaceful transfer of power is a pretty cool modern invention... that we shouldn't be in a great hurry to do away with.
You don't even bother to read what I post.

No shit.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue May 29, 2018 4:23 pm

The intoxicating effect of democracy is strong, though.

The nazis had their iconography; the democracy gang has George Washington, Honest Abe, Norman Rockwell, and (as appropriated) Levi Strauss.

Powerful mojo.
Last edited by Fife on Tue May 29, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 29, 2018 4:28 pm

Democracy is as strong as incorporation I reckon. Same principle, right? Hourly workers don’t give much of a fuck if the company does well or not, but workers compensated in with shares are invested with the company doing well. By the same token, peasants don’t give a fuck who the king is. But voting citizens are invested in a government that allows them to influence direction.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 29, 2018 4:32 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 4:28 pm
Democracy is as strong as incorporation I reckon. Same principle, right? Hourly workers don’t give much of a fuck if the company does well or not, but workers compensated in with shares are invested with the company doing well. By the same token, peasants don’t give a fuck who the king is. But voting citizens are invested in a government that allows them to influence direction.
They have no investment per se. That's the problem. Technically a gang rape is a democracy. If the people voting don't pay any of the costs, then it's not going to end well for the people who do pay the costs.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 29, 2018 5:43 pm

Well, obviously it’s not as effective when everyone has one “share” of America - but the idea of enfranchisement stands. Consent of the governed by the goverened, etc.