Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by C-Mag » Sat May 26, 2018 8:58 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:42 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:33 pm
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:10 pm
Ever wondered what the government would actually say,, in the event of nuclear attack? Turns out, it's written by the EPA, and says "follow orders". :)

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... ack-occurs
See my sig
You are smart. I was trapped in the Super Dome for a few days when my dumbass listened to authorities. If something ever goes down in a SHTF scenario run the other way when the government comes to help. I'm not kidding. They will keep you there, you arent free to leave.
No Shit, you were in the Superdome.
I want to hear that tale.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat May 26, 2018 9:16 pm

Maybe another time.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat May 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Trump: Date and location for Kim summit 'hasn't changed'

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) — US President Donald Trump seemed to revive hopes for a summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un next month, telling reporters at the Oval Office late Saturday, "we're looking at June 12th in Singapore. That hasn't changed."
His remarks came as South Korean President Moon Jae-in delivered his first public comments since a surprise meeting with the North Korean leader on Saturday, saying Kim was still committed to denuclearization.

http://archive.is/xJuFR

;)

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat May 26, 2018 10:23 pm

Haumana wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 9:25 pm
Trump: Date and location for Kim summit 'hasn't changed'

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) — US President Donald Trump seemed to revive hopes for a summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un next month, telling reporters at the Oval Office late Saturday, "we're looking at June 12th in Singapore. That hasn't changed."
His remarks came as South Korean President Moon Jae-in delivered his first public comments since a surprise meeting with the North Korean leader on Saturday, saying Kim was still committed to denuclearization.

http://archive.is/xJuFR

;)
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat May 26, 2018 10:56 pm

Well, of course North Korea is committed to denuclearization: In NK's shoes, who wouldn't be committed to the US ending its alliance with South Korea, no longer protecting them under the US nuclear umbrella and getting US military bases shut down? Oh, that's not denuclearization? Well, it is if you ask the Norks:

https://www.voanews.com/a/south-north-k ... 43114.html
Mitchell Reiss, director of policy planning at the U.S. State Department during the George W. Bush administration, urged caution until it is better known what Kim means when he says he is willing to talk about the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

“What North Korea means by denuclearization is very different than what the United States and what South Korea traditionally has meant by denuclearization,” said Reiss, who negotiated with the North over the nuclear issue in 1990s. “And in my conversations with North Koreans over the years, it is clear that the United States has to take a number of steps first, such as ending the alliance with South Korea, removing all of its military troops off the Korean Peninsula.”
So... keep that in mind when you read "North Korea agrees to denuclearization". Untill confirmed otherwise, they simply agree with their understanding of that word.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat May 26, 2018 11:08 pm

BjornP wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:56 pm
Well, of course North Korea is committed to denuclearization: In NK's shoes, who wouldn't be committed to the US ending its alliance with South Korea, no longer protecting them under the US nuclear umbrella and getting US military bases shut down? Oh, that's not denuclearization? Well, it is if you ask the Norks:

https://www.voanews.com/a/south-north-k ... 43114.html
Mitchell Reiss, director of policy planning at the U.S. State Department during the George W. Bush administration, urged caution until it is better known what Kim means when he says he is willing to talk about the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

“What North Korea means by denuclearization is very different than what the United States and what South Korea traditionally has meant by denuclearization,” said Reiss, who negotiated with the North over the nuclear issue in 1990s. “And in my conversations with North Koreans over the years, it is clear that the United States has to take a number of steps first, such as ending the alliance with South Korea, removing all of its military troops off the Korean Peninsula.”
So... keep that in mind when you read "North Korea agrees to denuclearization". Until confirmed otherwise, they simply agree with their understanding of that word.
Of course. Scott Adams recently talked about this. He even speculated that Moon Jaie-In might know about the disconnect between the US and NK in their understanding of the term and still got the talks going anyway. Besides we aren't talking about Kim Jong Il nor GWB. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat May 26, 2018 11:37 pm

My prediction: Good photo op, nothing changes.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat May 26, 2018 11:43 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:37 pm
My prediction: Good photo op, nothing changes.
That's always your prediction, Glum.

Good photo op for whom?

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat May 26, 2018 11:48 pm

Haumana wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:08 pm

Of course. Scott Adams recently talked about this. He even speculated that Moon Jaie-In might know about the disconnect between the US and NK in their understanding of the term and still got the talks going anyway. Besides we aren't talking about Kim Jong Il nor GWB. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
"Even"? Moon is logically speaking the most likely person to understand that there's a disconnect. The NK demands or requirements for any peace talks, can't have been too much of a secret given how peace has been tried before.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat May 26, 2018 11:51 pm

BjornP wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:48 pm
"Even"? Moon is logically speaking the most likely person to understand that there's a disconnect. The NK demands or requirements for any peace talks, can't have been too much of a secret given how peace has been tried before.
Peace hasn't been tried before between these two individuals. Popcorn worthy, imo.

Edit: I do trust that Trump won't be honey dicked though.