THE ERA OF TRUMP

Okeefenokee

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu May 24, 2018 10:56 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri May 25, 2018 7:41 am

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 25, 2018 7:47 am

Yeah, that was a boneheaded comment. I know what he was thinking, but the North Koreans don't remember when Khaddaffi was at the table turning over WMDs, what they remember is................ We Came, We Saw, He Died.

Americans seem to want to ignore our destruction of Libya, like we are able to just take a Mulligan on it, but the rest of the world has a different memory.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 pm

#winning

President Donald Trump has signed executive orders today that will make it easier for the federal government to fire employees it considers to be poor performers. The orders:

• Reduce the length of time that an employee can be retained using a “performance improvement period,” currently ranging from 60 to 120 days depending on the agency. The new length will be 30 days for all agencies.

• Encourage agencies to prioritize performance over seniority when they consider layoffs.

• Encourage agencies to fire employees rather than suspend them for egregious misconduct.

• Restrict how much on-the-job time federal employees can spend on labor union duties.

“These executive orders will make it easier for agencies to remove poor-performing employees and ensure that taxpayer dollars are more efficiently used,” said Andrew Bremberg, head of Mr. Trump’s domestic policy council. The orders deliver on a promise made by President Trump in his State of the Union address.

Union representatives say the sweeping changes are a “direct assault” on the rights of millions of workers and would deprive their members of key labor rights, and would not rule out lawsuits to stop enforcement of the measures. There are 2 million federal workers across the country.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-issu ... 1527284794

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri May 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Haumana wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 pm
#winning

President Donald Trump has signed executive orders today that will make it easier for the federal government to fire employees it considers to be poor performers. The orders:

• Reduce the length of time that an employee can be retained using a “performance improvement period,” currently ranging from 60 to 120 days depending on the agency. The new length will be 30 days for all agencies.

• Encourage agencies to prioritize performance over seniority when they consider layoffs.

• Encourage agencies to fire employees rather than suspend them for egregious misconduct.

• Restrict how much on-the-job time federal employees can spend on labor union duties.

“These executive orders will make it easier for agencies to remove poor-performing employees and ensure that taxpayer dollars are more efficiently used,” said Andrew Bremberg, head of Mr. Trump’s domestic policy council. The orders deliver on a promise made by President Trump in his State of the Union address.

Union representatives say the sweeping changes are a “direct assault” on the rights of millions of workers and would deprive their members of key labor rights, and would not rule out lawsuits to stop enforcement of the measures. There are 2 million federal workers across the country.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-issu ... 1527284794
:pray: :clap: :dance:

Wish it were a Constitutional Amendment instead of an executive order, but I’ll take it.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 25, 2018 5:08 pm

Those are nice words, and, all, but it assumes the managers, Sr. Managers and directors are all paragons of virtue and efficiency and the only issue is that they can't get rid of the dead weight. From my 35+ years of working experience POV, that's not usually the case.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Fri May 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 5:08 pm
Those are nice words, and, all, but it assumes the managers, Sr. Managers and directors are all paragons of virtue and efficiency and the only issue is that they can't get rid of the dead weight. From my 35+ years of working experience POV, that's not usually the case.
"I agree with the executive order, but my cynicism and anti-Trump bias won't allow me to say so unequivocally."

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Calculus Man wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:18 pm
[
"I agree with the executive order, but my cynicism and anti-Trump bias won't allow me to say so unequivocally."
:roll:

Encourage agencies to fire employees rather than suspend them for egregious misconduct.

Let's reword this to : Immediately fire and suspend the pension of employees for egregious misconduct. Encourage? WTF - It sickens me that this is the strongest language they dared to use.

My cynicism is with federal employees, not Trump, but thanks for playing, "What is Kath thinking." You scored 0 points.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 25, 2018 6:58 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:56 pm
When did you go from Razor Fist to styxhexenhammer666? lol. I like them both too.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 25, 2018 7:39 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:39 pm
Calculus Man wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:18 pm
[
:roll:

Encourage agencies to fire employees rather than suspend them for egregious misconduct.

Let's reword this to : Immediately fire and suspend the pension of employees for egregious misconduct. Encourage? WTF - It sickens me that this is the strongest language they dared to use.

My cynicism is with federal employees, not Trump, but thanks for playing, "What is Kath thinking." You scored 0 points.
You might be splitting hairs. It's often the case that what is worded as a suggestion isn't actually optional.

Think, gender neutral bathroom guidelines.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751