Minecraft Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Minecraft Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 25, 2018 9:23 am

If you guys want to build anything, you might as well go to the Nether. He didn't do anything with that, so you can build without messing up all the buildings.

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 25, 2018 10:20 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:21 am

Just look the way you want to go and press w. Space is for jumping. If you are flying you need to land first. Press shift till you land. After landing you need to double tap space again to start flying.
Thanks, Hastur. I appreciate the help. I did figure out I was flying at some point, and that's a cool way to see everything. It's stunning.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri May 25, 2018 10:45 am

Kath wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:54 am
So I found one site for Forge yesterday, and I got tons of "VIRUS!" warning popups. Just tried another site, and it was filled with junkware that I had to keep declining, and some sort of followme app got installed anyway.

What is this Forge and why is it filled with so much crap? I didn't install this version, and when I tried to close it out, it forced me to take a demographics survey, so I had to close that shit from the task manager.

Blech.... what happens if I don't get Forge? I don't want to install a bunch of garbage.

I have installed forge multiple times and have never experienced what you're describing.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 25, 2018 10:48 am

Just play the vanilla game. I wouldn't install random software like that either.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri May 25, 2018 10:56 am

These are tools have been in use for a decade with like 20 versions, used by millions with a huge community. I suspect it was installed from a non official site and it was repackaged with malware.

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 25, 2018 11:02 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:56 am
These are tools have been in use for a decade with like 20 versions, used by millions with a huge community. I suspect it was installed from a non official site and it was repackaged with malware.
I've tried two so far

https://minecraft-forge.en.softonic.com/
http://www.minecraft-downloads.com/forge/

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 25, 2018 11:12 am

These friggin' "helpful" wikis...

To open the recipe book, open the recipe book.

That's super duper helpful, ty.

Argggggggggggggg - I don't want to have to create a new post every time I can't find a command. /recipe doesn't cut it.

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 25, 2018 11:30 am

I went to the forge installer link from the minecraft wiki. Same shit - had to decline 11 or 12 "software" installations, and it STILL installed shit I didn't want. WTF? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be putting this forge crap on my PC.

Even though I said NO, it installed World of Tanks, PCAPro, Bytefence, PRUpdater, IdleBuddy...

I said no to all that shit, now I have to go uninstall it.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri May 25, 2018 11:52 am

I’ve never installed forge or any other client mods. Only server side mods. Granted I’ve not played much either. Most of my Minecraft experiences comes from being sysadmin for my kids.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri May 25, 2018 11:55 am

Kath wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:30 am
I went to the forge installer link from the minecraft wiki. Same shit - had to decline 11 or 12 "software" installations, and it STILL installed shit I didn't want. WTF? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be putting this forge crap on my PC.

Even though I said NO, it installed World of Tanks, PCAPro, Bytefence, PRUpdater, IdleBuddy...

I said no to all that shit, now I have to go uninstall it.
Do u even technology, bro?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"