Minecraft Thread

de officiis

Re: Minecraft Thread

Post by de officiis » Wed May 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Hastur wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:11 pm
Checked the log and saw two players. QuadraticQuail and doc_loliday
I’m QuadraticQuail...it was my son’s old account...

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed May 23, 2018 4:39 pm

I spawned in the Library.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed May 23, 2018 4:48 pm

I can't figure out how to fly.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed May 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Oh, it's the ol' double jump.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Damn, Switch has wonky join options. Looks like I can only join a “friends” world. How is that shit cross platform if they have to be Nintendo friends?
Game devs - never make anything easy
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

katarn

Post by katarn » Wed May 23, 2018 6:02 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 4:56 pm
Damn, Switch has wonky join options. Looks like I can only join a “friends” world. How is that shit cross platform if they have to be Nintendo friends?
Game devs - never make anything easy
I think I heard when they first put out the cross platform stuff that it was for gaming consoles and phones only, not them in connection to the computer edition. Something about java vs bedrock as a base for the game's coding, but I wasn't closely looking into it at all. Is anyone that's got on using something other than a computer?
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed May 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 4:39 pm
I spawned in the Library.
That's probably the palace I've been trying to finish.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed May 23, 2018 7:18 pm

I mean, I forked up the cash for a legit/non-bootleg edition to check out deO's digs...

Ya, cheap bastards.

Hey Hastur, you've got about two years to figure out how to stream cable tv onto screens in the world, so we can upgrade from the group chat for debates and election night.

Where we watching from? Colosseum? Circus Maximus?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 23, 2018 7:23 pm

I prefer survival mode, personally, but I don’t want DeOs stuff to get demolished.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed May 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Hastur wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:07 pm
I put the server on adventure mode so nothing would be destroyed before everyone could see it. If you want to build I can change it. What would you prefer? I think you’re the only one in there so far apart from me and my kids.

Well, its pretty cool seeing his stuff, and I haven't even seen it all, but it'll get pretty boring without some kind of interaction. If I remember right, you can make certain areas that are invulnerable, but say, outside the city limits, its a free for all. You might try that. The alternative is a free for all, with periodic refreshes to go back to square one. I'd be okay with either, but I want something to do.

Edit: A combination of the above could be cool; maybe reset the city limits every day, but leave the outskirts for tampering, and then occasionally updating the whole world as DeO comes out with major updates.

Edit: Just a thought, whatever you do, throw in creative, cuz I'm all about crafting, and not so much mining.