THE ERA OF TRUMP

Okeefenokee

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 18, 2018 9:22 am

/bonghit
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:22 am
/bonghit
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 18, 2018 9:40 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:17 am
He has no idea that you can't really conquer anybody anymore. Literally no idea.

Ever since the Algerians proved the point, nobody has been able to actually occupy anybody else for long.
On the contrary, I'm well aware that we've moved on from military occupation as a means of conquest. This century, it's accomplished by gradually assuming control over the means of production, and manipulating the other nation's economy and politics, until they become a de facto vassal state. The big explosions are just to warn the rest to stay in line.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 18, 2018 9:45 am

:lol:

means of production

Kids, if you catch yourself talking like this when you're a grown adult, you have fucked up somewhere.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 18, 2018 9:50 am

Means of production is the Marxist equivalent to the capitalist's capital goods. The Marxist term actually makes more sense, honestly.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 18, 2018 9:53 am

No, it means, "I'm a stoner burnout talking out of my ass."

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:35 am

Kath wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:09 am
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/12/opin ... u-are.html

This is a really well-written piece on how the Trump hatred is going to get him re-elected. I'm seriously doubtful any of my lefty friends will read it, but I threw it on FB anyway.
He sounds like a Liberal who's trying not to give away just how much of a Liberal he really is. When with his lib friends he's saying "yes, I know Trump supporters are all mouth-breathing racists, but if you don't want him to get re-elected you can't say that out loud to them".
In their ranks are people who sincerely consider themselves not bigoted, who might be open to reconsidering ways they have done things for years, but who are likely to be put off if they feel smeared before that conversation even takes place.

"sincerely consider themselves not bigoted". That's lib code for, they are all racist, they just don't see how racist they are yet. We must come up with more covert ways of making them see this.
Liberals denounce “cultural appropriation” without, in many cases, doing the work of persuading people that there is anything wrong with, say, a teenager not of Chinese descent wearing a Chinese-style dress to prom or eating at a burrito cart run by two non-Latino women.
These are obviously examples of cultural appropriation, you just need to do a better job of persuading everyone else that they are wrong.

This guy is nothing more than your common Liberal/progressive. They are never wrong, they just aren't enlightening the rest of us in the proper way.

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 18, 2018 10:45 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:35 am

This guy is nothing more than your common Liberal/progressive. They are never wrong, they just aren't enlightening the rest of us in the proper way.
I read that completely differently from you.

I heard, "y'all are a bunch of whiny, intolerant children and you need to stop."

That's how I took it.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 18, 2018 10:58 am

Kath wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:45 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:35 am

I read that completely differently from you.

I heard, "y'all are a bunch of whiny, intolerant children and you need to stop."

That's how I took it.
How do people stop whining about Trump now ? If like the press you've spent nearly every waking hour of the last 3 years telling everyone Trump is literally Hitler where do you go ? You're too invested in it now. If you just stop that means you've wasted the last 3 years of your life being wrong. You've painted yourself into a corner by your intolerance.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 18, 2018 11:00 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:58 am

How do people stop whining about Trump now ? If like the press you've spent nearly every waking hour of the last 3 years telling everyone Trump is literally Hitler where do you go ? You're too invested in it now. If you just stop that means you've wasted the last 3 years of your life being wrong. You've painted yourself into a corner by your intolerance.
I dunno; I got over it.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?