THE ERA OF TRUMP

GloryofGreece

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am

I wonder if the "Alt Right" will turn the way of the "Tea Party" / "Don't Tread on Me" crowd in a couple years. Its like the "Stay Calm/Carry On" meme.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 15, 2018 8:04 am

The Dems are looking at the Mid Term polling and starting to change strategies, they are trying to quash the Trump bashing. Their polling likely shows them it is hurting them.

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown wrote an op-ed calling for his fellow Democrats to “stop bashing President Trump.”

Jimmy Kimmel said, "the American People Have Had Enough Trump-Bashing"

Personally, I don't think it's something they can just shutoff after 3 years. What would CNN talk about ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 15, 2018 8:06 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am
I wonder if the "Alt Right" will turn the way of the "Tea Party" / "Don't Tread on Me" crowd in a couple years. Its like the "Stay Calm/Carry On" meme.

No. They are hardening and not easily co-opted. A more likely outcome is death by purity spiral.

But getting people to see multiculturalism and multiethnic societies as the danger they are was a priceless contribution. Walking people up to the anti-white agwenda also was invaluable. Some of the extreme stuff was always their undoing.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue May 15, 2018 9:45 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:04 am
The Dems are looking at the Mid Term polling and starting to change strategies, they are trying to quash the Trump bashing. Their polling likely shows them it is hurting them.

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown wrote an op-ed calling for his fellow Democrats to “stop bashing President Trump.”

Personally, I don't think it's something they can just shutoff after 3 years. What would CNN talk about ?
Did the "Birther" stuff and Obama "bashing" hurt the Republicans in the 2010 elections? They picked seats up, right? I don't remember. What about in 2012...same(?)...

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 15, 2018 10:07 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:45 am
C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:04 am

Did the "Birther" stuff and Obama "bashing" hurt the Republicans in the 2010 elections? They picked seats up, right? I don't remember. What about in 2012...same(?)...

Good Points. +1
I recall the GOP taking back the House. In modern American politics, I think the average pick up by the minority party in Mid-Term elections is around 32 seats. The Dems need like 24 to take control of the House.

I'm just putting stories together. I see Dem polling showing there is no Blue Wave, Trump and Trumpism getting more popular and I see the Dems starting to call for an end to Trump bashing. Dems believe in polling more than anyone, goes back to BJ Clinton.
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 15, 2018 10:13 am

It’s almost like SJWs don’t own the moral high ground they think they own.

I told the SJWs in my family that they were responsible for the election of Trump, and they just doubled and tripled down on their shrillness.

/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 15, 2018 10:18 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:13 am

I told the SJWs in my family that they were responsible for the election of Trump, and they just doubled and tripled down on their shrillness.

/shrug
+1
This is why I think the Obama Legacy will be Trump, much in the same way that the Hoover legacy is the election of FDR.

I hold that the stupid Obama Bathroom Laws were the last straw. It's just such a personal issue. Every parent immediately wonders if their child is going to be alone in the bathroom with some sexual freak. Even besides the fear of their kids being molested in the bathroom, they really don't want their kids exposed to sexual freaks.
PLATA O PLOMO

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue May 15, 2018 1:32 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:18 am
DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:13 am

/shrug
+1
This is why I think the Obama Legacy will be Trump, much in the same way that the Hoover legacy is the election of FDR.

I hold that the stupid Obama Bathroom Laws were the last straw. It's just such a personal issue. Every parent immediately wonders if their child is going to be alone in the bathroom with some sexual freak. Even besides the fear of their kids being molested in the bathroom, they really don't want their kids exposed to sexual freaks.
I think that's a good line in the sand so to speak. I think there were a number of those proverbial straws that broke the back of many Americans. I think in general most Americans are not super political. I base this on anecdotal evidence but so what. People want to be left the fuck alone and in general a lot of people are not black, mexican, or lesbians. So pushing the narrative towards a more "diverse" agenda is a bridge too far for everyone not living in the Coastal mega cities. If you work with your hands/trade/craft etc. you've had it and now its all over the "news"/tv/social media etc. there's no escaping it. I do love how no one in real life that I work with or see at work etc. talks about anything political/or culture wars etc.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue May 15, 2018 5:38 pm

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm

I Rand playing "independent" again?
That's cute.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"