The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Penner

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Penner » Sat May 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Okay. So there are these two pirate kingdoms that spawned in the game. They are not empires like the others, but actual pirate fleets out and about. One keeps messing with me, demanding tribute. I refuse and they send a huge fleet to wreck my shit. I do whittle their fleet down enough to the point where they just give up and start trying to find a way out of my empire. But I have that empire setup with only a few entry/exit points that are fortified. There was only one exit that didn't have that when I finally beat them down to less than half their fleet size when they showed up. I kept chasing them until they went to that one undefended exit point.

Thing is.. the other side of that exit point is a dimensional horror. They exited my empire and got consumed by this Lovecraftian creature that is consuming the star over there.

Am I not an effective space emperor?

Wakanda forever!

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Penner wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:16 pm
Sat May 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Okay. So there are these two pirate kingdoms that spawned in the game. They are not empires like the others, but actual pirate fleets out and about. One keeps messing with me, demanding tribute. I refuse and they send a huge fleet to wreck my shit. I do whittle their fleet down enough to the point where they just give up and start trying to find a way out of my empire. But I have that empire setup with only a few entry/exit points that are fortified. There was only one exit that didn't have that when I finally beat them down to less than half their fleet size when they showed up. I kept chasing them until they went to that one undefended exit point.

Thing is.. the other side of that exit point is a dimensional horror. They exited my empire and got consumed by this Lovecraftian creature that is consuming the star over there.

Am I not an effective space emperor?

Wakanda forever!

Oh, nah. I moved on from that. I have been experimenting with different civilization setups. You can design them instead of using the defaults. I think I have the one I like right now. This is what I am playing tonight. This is an authoritarian empire, built around the cast system with slaves, that is secondarily spiritual. Also feudal, so I can spin off little subject powers as buffers between me and others.

The cool thing is that I can enslave aliens and use them to colonize worlds my species doesn't really thrive on. I can also raid worlds for their populations to enslave them.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun May 13, 2018 7:45 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Well, in hindsight, the apparently super-rare Horizon Signal plotline seriously changes everything. My entire species was changed genetically. But I got a cool planet out of it with super-advanced buildings. And people nobody can account for, but are otherwise normal people. We don't know who was legitimately born here anymore, and we aren't even the same species now. Everybody wants to abandon my authoritarian/slaver ways for militarism. Fuck.

My guys looked like cool dragons before. Now they look like reptile people. But they seem to have some cool intelligence traits and my science is boosted quite a lot.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun May 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Sun May 13, 2018 5:06 pm
Well, in hindsight, the apparently super-rare Horizon Signal plotline seriously changes everything. My entire species was changed genetically. But I got a cool planet out of it with super-advanced buildings. And people nobody can account for, but are otherwise normal people. We don't know who was legitimately born here anymore, and we aren't even the same species now. Everybody wants to abandon my authoritarian/slaver ways for militarism. Fuck.

My guys looked like cool dragons before. Now they look like reptile people. But they seem to have some cool intelligence traits and my science is boosted quite a lot.

Long live the lizard people.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun May 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Does anybody here play Crusader Kings 2 with the Far East DLC?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 14, 2018 7:50 am

Holy shit. It took like a century to complete this plotline. The Worm rewarded my sacrificing leaders to it and building all this spooky, Lovecraftian shit by turning all the worlds in my home system into habital planets. I can live perfectly on tomb worlds now too.

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon May 14, 2018 4:55 pm

With lizard people or fish people?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 14, 2018 5:07 pm

Penner wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:55 pm
With lizard people or fish people?

It's basically like that. We are children of the endless Worm or something rather. He turned our home star into a black hole. We love it. What was will be.

Now everybody is afraid of us.

Even the Great Khan empire that formed from the united pirate fleets keeps his distance, but I am still going to trap some of his fleets in my Dragon's Nest corner of the Galaxy. It is well-fortified. The Worm in the black hole has our back.

We have psionics now too. He makes us great and powerful.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 14, 2018 5:09 pm

If you guys ever get the rare Worm in Waiting plotline, just embrace it. It's fucked up. You have to keep sacrificing shit to the his black hole god. But it's worth it. Just go with it. He will turn you into a cult of evil bastards.

WHAT WAS SHALL BE WHAT SHALL BE WAS.

SACRIFICE FOR THE WORMHOLE GOD.

https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Hori ... nal_events