Another School Shooting

StCapps

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:00 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Even the Atlantic not sucking wouldn't really matter, the Leafs are not great yet, but they're sixth overall with good reason, they could fend off a challenge from what is behind them, they're second to Pitt, Tampa, and Boston in the East, no doubt, but that's about it.
Agreed. Top 4 team in the East, nothing to scoff at.
*yip*

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:19 pm

I think it's rather fitting that gun control advocates are using children to reiterate their arguments for them, it really drives home the point that their opinions on gun ownership are juvenile at best

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:22 pm

pineapplemike wrote:I think it's rather fitting that gun control advocates are using children to reiterate their arguments for them, it really drives home the point that their opinions on gun ownership are juvenile at best
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:47 pm

pineapplemike wrote:I think it's rather fitting that gun control advocates are using children to reiterate their arguments for them, it really drives home the point that their opinions on gun ownership are juvenile at best
Yes. On another forum I'm on, the 2nd amendment nuts are bitching that the kids are asking for gun control and calling them crazies.

Their friends just fucking died. My son lost an acquaintance. Let the kids be; attack the adults, but the kids can say whatever the fuck they want, as far as I'm concerned.
Account abandoned.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Gun control is just the same ol' same ol' as usual American "progressive" Temperance Union prohibitionism, just swap out the "evils of whiskey and the saloon" for the evils of the AR-15 and hi capacity magazines, who knew?

To wit, Zzzzzzzzz.
Nec Aspera Terrent

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:57 pm

Kath wrote:
Yes. On another forum I'm on, the 2nd amendment nuts are bitching that the kids are asking for gun control and calling them crazies.

Their friends just fucking died. My son lost an acquaintance. Let the kids be; attack the adults, but the kids can say whatever the fuck they want, as far as I'm concerned.
As long as those kids don't start blabbering about hockey talk I'll listen to them.

I just think they're understandably emotional right now and lashing out at politicians and bureaucrats, instead of approaching the problem rationally, but that's just me

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:01 pm

Kids tired of getting shot.

Not tired of bullying, terrorizing each other on social media, or trying to make each other cry though.

Kinda like adults.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
As long as those kids don't start blabbering about hockey talk I'll listen to them
Well, my son's school was on yellow alert lockdown on Thursday and Friday. They removed the alert this morning, I guess, during the announcements. He's a bit freaked out, but he didn't want to discuss it much. I think he will soon, though. He tends to hide stuff from himself while it processes in the back end. At some point, he's going to realize he has feelings about this. (That's just part of his Aspie, I guess.)

But there are students from Parkland who are attempting to start some sort of movement asking Congress to do something. I consider this a good thing; they are attempting to use the system as designed, rather than just bitching about it. It's healthy. It's the adults bitching about their method that are pissing me off.

They aren't going to change anyone's mind; their not knowing all the facts is to be expected. They are teenagers. This is how we learn.
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:05 pm

DBTrek wrote:Kids tired of getting shot.

Not tired of bullying, terrorizing each other on social media, or trying to make each other cry though.

Kinda like adults.
Warning: compliment ahead: You are getting more ponderous these days. Interesting take.
Account abandoned.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Kath wrote:But there are students from Parkland who are attempting to start some sort of movement asking Congress to do something. I consider this a good thing; they are attempting to use the system as designed, rather than just bitching about it. It's healthy. It's the adults bitching about their method that are pissing me off.

They aren't going to change anyone's mind; their not knowing all the facts is to be expected. They are teenagers. This is how we learn.
As long as these kids are willing to openly listen to rational arguments from the opposing side without shouting them down, then we're good. We promise to keep our arguments on point and not to bore them with inane hockey talk