Social Justice Warriors Thread

PartyOf5

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:27 am

There was some article online in the NY Times or something like that questioning if white kids should be dressing up as Black Panther. All these hypocrites who for years were yelling "don't see the person's color, see the person" and "we need to all be colorblind" are now the ones pointing out color, sexual preference, etc.. at every turn, as long as it's the "oppressed minority" that gets to be racist against anyone who is white or hetero.

Marvel creators are perfectly fine making every villain in their comics a white guy while at the same time erasing every white hero and replacing them with some combination of minorities. Then proceed to use those comics to constantly cram their SJW message down readers throats.

I hope this movie doesn't turn out to be like that. I don't care if every character in the movie is black. If it's a good movie that stays fairly true to the character, I'll watch and enjoy it. If the SJWs at Marvel took this one over, then I'll pass. Just like I'll pass on any of their comics.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:00 am

Is The Red Skull a white guy?

I mean, I guess, obviously, he is red... but, also a skeleton... so, I'm not sure.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:10 am

An angle no one ever talks about is Cultural Heritage of Entertainment. This just came to my mind so I'm rambling.

Comic books are a White Cultural creation. Why should whites feel pressured to change their fictional heroes to represent someone elses culture. No one would say, YOU KNOW WHAT, FAT ALBERT AND THE GANG ARE JUST TOO BLACK. Who would have Jonah Hill play Fat Albert or Elen DeGeneres play Mushmouth ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:22 am

C-Mag wrote:An angle no one ever talks about is Cultural Heritage of Entertainment. This just came to my mind so I'm rambling.

Comic books are a White Cultural creation. Why should whites feel pressured to change their fictional heroes to represent someone elses culture. No one would say, YOU KNOW WHAT, FAT ALBERT AND THE GANG ARE JUST TOO BLACK. Who would have Jonah Hill play Fat Albert or Elen DeGeneres play Mushmouth ?
Makes perfect sense to me.

I mean, I do get some of where they are coming from. Some. Not a lot.

Not one black actor qualified to be nominated for an Oscar for two years in a row? Or the only white rapper gets rapper of the year? So, yeah, there's some bullshit going on, here.

But most of it is just some sort of revenge reverse racism, which is stupid.

Balance - I don't want James Bond to be played by a woman, but it's totally cool with me that the next Jedi is a woman.
Account abandoned.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:29 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Is The Red Skull a white guy?

I mean, I guess, obviously, he is red... but, also a skeleton... so, I'm not sure.
Isn't the red skull a Nazi?

I mean if he's not white he better be played by Dave Chappelle.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:33 am

nmoore63 wrote:

Isn't the red skull a Nazi?

I mean if he's not white he better be played by Dave Chappelle.
Hydra.

Bent on global dominance, sure, but I am not sure if there is really a racial component.

I think the Nazis were Hydra pawns, or something.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 am

He's literally a Nazi.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:40 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:

He's literally a Nazi.
HYDRA!

Again, I think they worked with the Nazis, but they aren't a nation, so no nationalism, and I am pretty sure you can Hail Hydra all day, no matter what race you are, as long as you embrace their goal of destroying America, and running the world.

It is a multicultural, border-less, meritocracy of evil.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:41 am

He's literally a Nazi.
I'm pretty sure Nazis have to be White. "Red" is culture appropriation AND it's racist. I can't understand how Marvel could continue such stereotyping.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:44 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:

He's literally a Nazi.
HYDRA!

Again, I think they worked with the Nazis, but they aren't a nation, so no nationalism, and I am pretty sure you can Hail Hydra all day, no matter what race you are, as long as you embrace their goal of destroying America, and running the world.

It is a multicultural, border-less, meritocracy of evil.
The Red Skull (Johann Schmidt) is a fictional character, a supervillain, appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character is usually depicted as the archenemy of the superhero Captain America.[1] Portrayed as a Nazi agent, the character was created by Joe Simon, Jack Kirby, and France Herron, and first appeared in Captain America Comics #7 (October 1941).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Skull