Things You Know Will Happen

Smitty-48

Re: Things You Know Will Happen

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:25 am

PartyOf5 wrote:The Post will be a dud at the box office. This is going to be about as popular as that Tom Cruise movie Lions for Lambs.
Lions for Lambs made money, $63 million on a $35 million budget, so that's a 45% margin, the Post cost $50 million, so it needs to make $77.5 million to catch Lions for Lambs.

Mind you, it's the one of the few movies out there that I'm interested in seeing, Spielberg + Hanks + Historical, and I'm there, but I'll just wait for it to come to pay-per-view.
Nec Aspera Terrent

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:30 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:The Post will be a dud at the box office. This is going to be about as popular as that Tom Cruise movie Lions for Lambs.
Lions for Lambs made money, $63 million on a $35 million budget, so that's a 45% margin, the Post cost $50 million, so it needs to make $77.5 million to catch Lions for Lambs.

Mind you, it's the one of the few movies out there that I'm interested in seeing, Spielberg + Hanks + Historical, and I'm there, but I'll just wait for it to come to pay-per-view.
Over/Under on number of times they mention the current Washington Post is owned by CIA Contractor Jeff Bezos?
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:38 pm

kybkh wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Over/Under on number of times they mention the current Washington Post is owned by CIA Contractor Jeff Bezos?
A Union Busting Company Man? More power to him.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:30 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

I feel like there isn't a lot of movies being made like The Post nor Lions for Lambs.

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:30 pm

All major blockbusters will be about Superheros.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Penner wrote:All major blockbusters will be about Superheros.
2018 will see Superhero movies fade in popularity.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Maybe but the MCU has movie plans for like 202....something. So I won't doubt that it won't end- at least until China gets sick of them. I mean wasn't the last Transformer movie was literally saved by China's box office?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Penner wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Maybe but the MCU has movie plans for like 202....something. So I won't doubt that it won't end- at least until China gets sick of them. I mean wasn't the last Transformer movie was literally saved by China's box office?
I get that. I just see them already falling off in the US..................... Transformers is awful.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Stories about young people with special powers will remain popular as long as there is no other outlet for that control fantasy.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:04 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss–H ... nal_theory

We won't have much a of a creative flowering until after we have the next great war.