Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

The Conservative

Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:46 pm

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... ble-adults

I only had 800 characters to get my point across, but I am going to do it here with more. If people can read/sign it/share it, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am far from being one of those people who think big government is the answer for anything, but I am starting a petition on the White House website to adept gambling laws to include the inability for games themselves from selling "loot crates" using real money.This is a predatory action of the game companies, in where they make it so that people can buy first tier "boxes" with "in-game" currency, but the 2nd and third+ tiers are game type currency that the only way to get it cash.

These loot crates say you can get a specific quality of character, but it says nothing about a specific character or weapon, etc... You take a risk spending real money on a non-real product which may (more likely not) help you out with the game. This isn't like Blizzard with World Of Warcraft or Heroes of the Storm in where you buy characters, weapons, or items with real money.

These loot crates have an algorithm in where you "roll" to get an item and depending on what the computer at the time chooses what you get, it may help or not. If you liquidate these items they are not liquidated to real life currency or the coin required to purchase them in the first place. They are returned as in-game currency.

There is no way to make in-game currency transferable to "purchasable" currency.

This kind of situation needs to change. It is predatory at best, and the gaming companies knows it.
#NotOneRedCent

heydaralon

Re: Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by heydaralon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:13 pm

I will take any gambling action you've got. The vig will be reasonable. I know you are a working man with a family to support so I'm not gonna bleed you with the interest payments. We can work out a payment plan for you to pay back what you owe. Or we could do it the other way. I would hate to see one of your fantasy football players get a virtual kneecap injury from an online aluminum bat. That's a mighty fine twitter account you got there. It would be a shame if it got retweeted by the wrong people.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Re: Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Not sure if brilliant troll or severe autism

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Of course its predatory, and the companies figured out how to make more profit after the initial sale with less investment.

Sorry man, its just business
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:24 pm

Nukedog wrote:Image

Not sure if brilliant troll or severe autism
Nope, neither.

There is a version of this (different wording) than mine for the UK parliament.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:35 pm

California wrote:Of course its predatory, and the companies figured out how to make more profit after the initial sale with less investment.

Yes, predatory... and it gives a bad name to the gaming industry. People are starting to get tired of it, and I personally am trying my attempt of doing something about it.
#NotOneRedCent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:38 pm

The Conservative wrote:https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... ble-adults

I only had 800 characters to get my point across, but I am going to do it here with more. If people can read/sign it/share it, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am far from being one of those people who think big government is the answer for anything, but I am starting a petition on the White House website to adept gambling laws to include the inability for games themselves from selling "loot crates" using real money.This is a predatory action of the game companies, in where they make it so that people can buy first tier "boxes" with "in-game" currency, but the 2nd and third+ tiers are game type currency that the only way to get it cash.

These loot crates say you can get a specific quality of character, but it says nothing about a specific character or weapon, etc... You take a risk spending real money on a non-real product which may (more likely not) help you out with the game. This isn't like Blizzard with World Of Warcraft or Heroes of the Storm in where you buy characters, weapons, or items with real money.

These loot crates have an algorithm in where you "roll" to get an item and depending on what the computer at the time chooses what you get, it may help or not. If you liquidate these items they are not liquidated to real life currency or the coin required to purchase them in the first place. They are returned as in-game currency.

There is no way to make in-game currency transferable to "purchasable" currency.

This kind of situation needs to change. It is predatory at best, and the gaming companies knows it.
Fully agree on the national travesty that is Loot Crates! One time I wanted a Crash Bandicoot Loot Crate and so I sent $45 via my favorite gaming magazine. I called out of work that week just to make sure I would be home when it showed up. The sacrifice paid off big time when I saw the mailman arrive and snatched it out of his hands before he even got to the driveway. I opened the Crate with trepidation. I cannot begin to express the hatred and anger I felt with I opened the box, and recieved a Cocoa Bandicoot figurine. I specifically asked them for Crash Bandicoot and have written proof of this. My attorney has a copy of this letter, as does Sony. I didn't want a figurine of Crash Bandicoot's sister. I will confess I was more upset about this than when my sister died. When I tried to return the Loot Crate and Cocoa Figurine, they would not accept it, because I had jacked off all over it and the dried semen was causing the paint on it to chip (shoddy China quality). I settled on throwing the cum toy down a Salvation army clothing drop off. Then I came home and started typing this post.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Lewd!

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:51 pm

heydaralon wrote:
The Conservative wrote:https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... ble-adults

Fully agree on the national travesty that is Loot Crates! One time I wanted a Crash Bandicoot Loot Crate and so I sent $45 via my favorite gaming magazine. I called out of work that week just to make sure I would be home when it showed up. The sacrifice paid off big time when I saw the mailman arrive and snatched it out of his hands before he even got to the driveway. I opened the Crate with trepidation. I cannot begin to express the hatred and anger I felt with I opened the box, and recieved a Cocoa Bandicoot figurine. I specifically asked them for Crash Bandicoot and have written proof of this. My attorney has a copy of this letter, as does Sony. I didn't want a figurine of Crash Bandicoot's sister. I will confess I was more upset about this than when my sister died. When I tried to return the Loot Crate and Cocoa Figurine, they would not accept it, because I had jacked off all over it and the dried semen was causing the paint on it to chip (shoddy China quality). I settled on throwing the cum toy down a Salvation army clothing drop off. Then I came home and started typing this post.
Troll elsewhere.
#NotOneRedCent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:39 pm

The Conservative wrote:
California wrote:Of course its predatory, and the companies figured out how to make more profit after the initial sale with less investment.

Yes, predatory... and it gives a bad name to the gaming industry. People are starting to get tired of it, and I personally am trying my attempt of doing something about it.
Want to do something about it?

Don't buy the loot crates

No reason to get daddy gubmint involved
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session