BIG Holiday Thread

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: BIG Holiday Thread

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:08 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:00 am
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:17 am
Crazy how, even at a minority of 10%, the colonists still needed the city faggots on board to win.

Why? Biggest dicks. Biggest brains.

'nuff said
Washington's record as military commander is poor. He only won 2 battles, they were both crucial. Trenton on Christmas, and Saratoga to close it out.

Washington would have been snuffed out early if it weren't for hillbillies in the south whooping the redcoats with insurgency tactics.

The war would likely have been much shorter if Washington and the Continental Congress didn't demand to fight the best standing army in the world on their terms.
Windham County still has less than 50,000 people today. If we are calling Washington a big-city general, I think we are stretching that term a little thin.

I'm gonna say Washington was a lucky bumpkin who had the support of the big city money men and global intellectuals. Bean counters and investors win wars - Generals just fight 'em.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:11 am

Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:50 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:46 am
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:17 am
Crazy how, even at a minority of 10%, the colonists still needed the city faggots on board to win.

Why? Biggest dicks. Biggest brains.

'nuff said
I mean.. George Washington might have uttered some choice words about the city faggots that ran off during the battle of Battle of Fort Washington, and General (later President) Jackson likely had spoke unflatteringly about them after they were secretly suing for peace with Parliament in the War of 1812 (and he still fought those fuckers to a draw, alongside his new pirate friends, outside New Orleans).
We are strategists, diplomats, and investors in the war effort. Carrying a musket through the mud is a job for which the toothless illiterates of the country are better suited. :snooty: :snooty:
in my experience county regiments are indeed better in the field

but they are more inclined to adhere to a regular army ethos, they lack personality

county troops tend to join for the job, so they aren't actually all that gung-ho

we called them "Plough Jockeys"

city regiments on the other hand are full of romantics, city folk join for the adventure

so the mess lifestyle is much better in the city regiments, and city troops get more girls

the county regiments called us the "Glamour Boys"

it was similar in the British Army Scottish Division

it was divided between troops from Glasgow called "Wegians" as in Glaswegians

and troops from the countryside called "Teuchters" which is pronounced like "Chookters"
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:30 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:11 am
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:50 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:46 am

I mean.. George Washington might have uttered some choice words about the city faggots that ran off during the battle of Battle of Fort Washington, and General (later President) Jackson likely had spoke unflatteringly about them after they were secretly suing for peace with Parliament in the War of 1812 (and he still fought those fuckers to a draw, alongside his new pirate friends, outside New Orleans).
We are strategists, diplomats, and investors in the war effort. Carrying a musket through the mud is a job for which the toothless illiterates of the country are better suited. :snooty: :snooty:
in my experience county regiments are indeed better in the field

but they are more inclined to adhere to a regular army ethos, they lack personality

county troops tend to join for the job, so they aren't actually all that gung-ho

we called them "Plough Jockeys"

city regiments on the other hand are full of romantics, city folk join for the adventure

so the mess lifestyle is much better in the city regiments, and city troops get more girls

the county regiments called us the "Glamour Boys"
A little pluck and verve to fill out the line.

Still, miss me with all that marching - somebody needs to put the USO show together.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:34 am

Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:30 am

A little pluck and verve to fill out the line.

Still, miss me with all that marching - somebody needs to put the USO show together.
I do miss walking into a bar in full highland dress uniform, that was the ultimate chick magnet

kilts make girls frisky

city regiment was non stop club life, soon as we were dismissed from parade

I actually met my wife coming from parade, tho I wasn't in uniform, I was out to the pub with the Glamour Boys
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 am

city regiments had a lot of West Indians, particularly Jamaicans

they were all great fighting soldiers

they might be a little slack & idle about administration, they might be a bit more insubordinate in the ranks

but they were confident to the point of cockiness, and they were aggressive

they loved to hunt people in the woods, and they were totally up for getting in gunfights

at one point I commanded a section of seven men, and four of them were Jamaicans

that was a bad ass section, but we did get in a lot of shit for raising heck
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:34 pm

as a leader & instructor, I always found I could make the troops be what I wanted them to be

you just lead from the front and demand that they follow

they emulate you, so troops tend to be proxies for their favourite instructors at boot camp

so even up in Renfrew County with the Rednecks, my room in the barracks was party central

the parties would fill up the barracks block, standing room only up and down the stairs

fng's had to supply the beer
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:39 pm

Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:08 am

Windham County still has less than 50,000 people today. If we are calling Washington a big-city general, I think we are stretching that term a little thin.

I'm gonna say Washington was a lucky bumpkin who had the support of the big city money men and global intellectuals. Bean counters and investors win wars - Generals just fight 'em.
Washington was landed gentry elite, he was a far cry from a country boy. Hell, he incited the French and Indian War and got away with it. That's privilege, Crown loved him.

I don't hate Washington, but his reputation is mythology.

Washington's greatest feat was keeping the Army together at Valley Forge. He had to be a complete tyrant to do it, but it was necessary.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:48 pm

in my experience the US military is so massive it's hard to notice any local personality

I worked with the 82nd Airborne Division, and back then they were definitely the Dixieland Division

we partied with a platoon from SEAL Team 1 during MOUT training at Fort Knox

the SEAL's definitely had a California vibe to them

the Green Berets were probably the most country of all the American units I worked with

they were backwoods hunter types, chewing tobacco instead of smoking
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:56 pm

in terms of the most urban unit, I found that to be the Marine Corps

the Marines had a lot of tough kids from the inner city in the ranks

I have a couple buddies with the 1st of the 25th Marines in Buffalo

those guys love Toronto, they party hard, Bills Mafia
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:18 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:39 pm
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:08 am

Washington was landed gentry elite, he was a far cry from a country boy. Hell, he incited the French and Indian War and got away with it. That's privilege, Crown loved him.

I don't hate Washington, but his reputation is mythology.

Washington's greatest feat was keeping the Army together at Valley Forge. He had to be a complete tyrant to do it, but it was necessary.
I don't hate Washington either - and most reputation is mythology after about a generation. Big deal.

The problem is you are all over the map. Sometimes being rich landed gentry makes you a elite wokester or something - sometimes it makes you a gentleman yeoman farmer. Seems like it all depends on who you are trying to blame for problems, and who you are claiming is a true patriot.

Jackson took Florida from the Spanish without much in the way of actual authority from Monroe (I think it was Monroe that was president at the time). Was that elite woke privilege?

Seems like the whole idea of nameless true patriots from the unpopulated countryside being the sole reason for America's success is a bunch of bullshit. Elites win wars. Elites fund wars. Elites decide when and where to sue for peace. Elites make treaties.

Elitism forever!
HAIL!

-Hwen