Outdoors thread

C-Mag

Re: Outdoors thread

Post by C-Mag » Wed May 30, 2018 10:19 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:59 am
I like the plate warmers. Mine works the same, incredibly quick to heat up. You can boil a kettle from a cold stove in about half an hour.
This is my hideaway.

https://imgur.com/dddpXHa
I didn't get that to open up.

The big problem with that stove is, that it can be near freezing outside and if your cooking a meal you may be opening the doors and windows. In many ways the US is still the Frontier. If a person wants to in the US you can find a place to live the Frontier lifestyle. Not as much in the lower 48, but Alaska for sure.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed May 30, 2018 10:27 am

France is great for cheap land if you go to the right areas. Portugal and Spain too if you can stand the heat and bush fires.

This is the pic I was linking to. The stove has its enamel cover over the hotplate. Nice big firebox on the left which you can feed large logs into from the top. Yours looks like the kind of Victorian coal burner you can occasionally find in old houses here.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 30, 2018 10:29 am

I bet you he land that still hasn’t been cleared of WW2 mines is especially affordable.
:P
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed May 30, 2018 10:37 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:49 am
The hideout
With Vintage Pinups
and Old Reliable
Very cool!

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed May 30, 2018 10:43 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:29 am
I bet you he land that still hasn’t been cleared of WW2 mines is especially affordable.
:P
No. All of Northern France is expensive. You need to head for the centre because the South is expensive too especially near the coast.
There are old gold mining sites in Spain which are virtually free but the land is too poisoned to draw water from.
Portugal is cheap and more laisse faire when it comes to planning restrictions but it is hot as hell and catches fire every summer.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed May 30, 2018 10:44 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:27 am
France is great for cheap land if you go to the right areas. Portugal and Spain too if you can stand the heat and bush fires.

This is the pic I was linking to. The stove has its enamel cover over the hotplate. Nice big firebox on the left which you can feed large logs into from the top. Yours looks like the kind of Victorian coal burner you can occasionally find in old houses here.
Nice!

So, that's in a little rural area where you go to hang out?

Edit: Razz comment about going to France to buys young girls from Muslim gangs deleted.
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed May 30, 2018 11:00 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:44 am

Nice!

Agricultural area at the Southern tip of a national park. Lots of pastureland, rivers and castles. 7 km from the castle of Eleanor of Aquitaine's father.
Part of England for centuries. The English are taking it back one house at a time. :dance:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed May 30, 2018 11:52 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:00 am
C-Mag wrote:

Nice!

Agricultural area at the Southern tip of a national park. Lots of pastureland, rivers and castles. 7 km from the castle of Eleanor of Aquitaine's father.
Part of England for centuries. The English are taking it back one house at a time. :dance:
You better have a Longbow in there when the Frenchies come for you.
When are you building a trebuchet in France ?
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 30, 2018 12:03 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:52 am
Montegriffo wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Nice!

He must wait until such time as his fellow invaders raise the Union Jack, and claim the region for England. That will not happen, of course, until they can establish proper English religous-law zones, and harass the local females into submission. ;)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed May 30, 2018 1:06 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:03 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:52 am
Montegriffo wrote:

He must wait until such time as his fellow invaders raise the Union Jack, and claim the region for England. That will not happen, of course, until they can establish proper English religous-law zones, and harass the local females into submission. ;)
Do you know what a Union Jack is?
As I don't have a ship to hoist the Union Jack on, the flagpole Dad erected in the front yard proudly flys the Union flag when I am in residence.

The first thing I did when I got to the house after Dad died was raise the union flag at half mast. While we were out making arrangements the local mayor did us the honour of visiting to pass on his condolences. He told me later that it had brought a lump to his throat when he saw the flag.

Anyway never mind all that, what's up with the new moniker? Did you request to change it yourself or is Hash fucking around again?
Last edited by Montegriffo on Wed May 30, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.