Home Renovation

Speaker to Animals

Re: Home Renovation

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Fife wrote:Hiding assets in family court is fraud, everyone. Just in case you needed to be reminded.

Think all that shit through before you skip the rubber or shack up with some irresponsible loser.

You might bury a few Krugerrands in your momma's back yard, but just be ready for a very high-stress lifestyle.

The state has found plenty of employment opportunities for the harpies charged with running unhappy-pappies right straight through the ringer.

It's better than going hungry, and I guarantee the woman will defraud the system left and right during that process.

It's fraud in the sense of hiding a loaf of bread in the gulag.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:Hiding assets in family court is fraud, everyone. Just in case you needed to be reminded.

Think all that shit through before you skip the rubber or shack up with some irresponsible loser.

You might bury a few Krugerrands in your momma's back yard, but just be ready for a very high-stress lifestyle.

The state has found plenty of employment opportunities for the harpies charged with running unhappy-pappies right straight through the ringer.

It's better than going hungry, and I guarantee the woman will defraud the system left and right during that process.

It's fraud in the sense of hiding a loaf of bread in the gulag.
I can agree with that. I'm talking about "fraud" fraud. Legal fraud. You know, the kind of "fraud" they will light your ass up for.

It's too late for most of us old geezers around here, but my advice is just to be very careful about who you impregnate. Your options narrow down, considerably, after the seed is sown.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:54 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Not to rain on the baby parade, but I'm having red flags go up too. And this is one topic where all three of us can find common ground. If the two of you are not completely enamored with one another, you're just a source of income. These babes are going to be your responsibility long after they enter school. If you get cleaned out, that hurts them too.
Oh I am definitely a source of income. She's a perfect parasite - completely unaware of the fact that she's even a parasite. But it doesn't matter. Kids trump all other concerns. They're better off with a stay-at-home mommy, and they're better off with me here, providing more. I have no problem taking care of what my kids need for life, of course. I'm just not going to pay mommy's mortgage forever.

I'm also pretty confident that family courts won't play much of a role. She's more than stubborn enough to toss everybody into Section 8 to prove that she doesn't need anyone. A lesser man would have walked away and watched her go down in flames a long time ago. But, men are hostage to their offspring - that's just how it is, and always should be (kinda). There's no good alternative, anyway.
There is a better alternative. Separate yourself. If you aren't in it for the relationship, don't go through the motions as though you are. Building up a home is something you do with a spouse.

Speaker has more experience, but I've been through some of this since my divorce. I fully supported her for the same reason you are. The kids are better off with her at home full time, rather than working minimum wage that won't even cover the day care. All that accomplished was her sitting at home doing nothing, rather than trying to progress.

Do what you need to do for them, but don't be her vassal. Build yourself up to be as profitable as you can manage, and then hire the best family court attorney you can afford. It is not in the interests of the children to grow up with a mother who doesn't work for her children, but instead relies on others to foot the bill.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Kids are best off with their mother and father in the same home. He's right about that. He is doing the morally right thing. The problem is the family court system. He grossly underestimates the ability of the mother to destroy his life there, especially in a northern state like Ohio.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Not to rain on the baby parade, but I'm having red flags go up too. And this is one topic where all three of us can find common ground. If the two of you are not completely enamored with one another, you're just a source of income. These babes are going to be your responsibility long after they enter school. If you get cleaned out, that hurts them too.
Oh I am definitely a source of income. She's a perfect parasite - completely unaware of the fact that she's even a parasite. But it doesn't matter. Kids trump all other concerns. They're better off with a stay-at-home mommy, and they're better off with me here, providing more. I have no problem taking care of what my kids need for life, of course. I'm just not going to pay mommy's mortgage forever.

I'm also pretty confident that family courts won't play much of a role. She's more than stubborn enough to toss everybody into Section 8 to prove that she doesn't need anyone. A lesser man would have walked away and watched her go down in flames a long time ago. But, men are hostage to their offspring - that's just how it is, and always should be (kinda). There's no good alternative, anyway.
There is a better alternative. Separate yourself. If you aren't in it for the relationship, don't go through the motions as though you are. Building up a home is something you do with a spouse.

Speaker has more experience, but I've been through some of this since my divorce. I fully supported her for the same reason you are. The kids are better off with her at home full time, rather than working minimum wage that won't even cover the day care. All that accomplished was her sitting at home doing nothing, rather than trying to progress.

Do what you need to do for them, but don't be her vassal. Build yourself up to be as profitable as you can manage, and then hire the best family court attorney you can afford. It is not in the interests of the children to grow up with a mother who doesn't work for her children, but instead relies on others to foot the bill.
It's not as bad as that. She cooks a healthy dinner most nights, cans vegetables, and keeps the kids alive for far less than a nanny would charge. Overall, it's a break-even - I'm really just losing the potential for a romantic relationship. There are worse fates out there. Meantime, I'm still progressing in my career, and building skills.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:24 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'm really just losing the potential for a romantic relationship.
That's more serious than you seem to think. None of us should be alone. It's better for the kids, too. They base their relationships on the ones they grow up around. Children with parents who have shitty relationships tend to repeat the cycle.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:28 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'm really just losing the potential for a romantic relationship.
That's more serious than you seem to think. None of us should be alone. It's better for the kids, too. They base their relationships on the ones they grow up around. Children with parents who have shitty relationships tend to repeat the cycle.
It was painful for a while, but I've gotten used to it. My parents had a loveless marriage until I was 11 or so. It messed my brother up for a long time, but I came out ok. I just learned not to trust women, and not to base my feelings around them. I have to agree that the cycle was repeated. Hopefully I can make up for it later in life. And again, I won't be around THAT long - my exit plan is pretty concrete (for now). :lol:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:39 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
It was painful for a while, but I've gotten used to it. My parents had a loveless marriage until I was 11 or so. It messed my brother up for a long time, but I came out ok. I just learned not to trust women, and not to base my feelings around them. I have to agree that the cycle was repeated. Hopefully I can make up for it later in life. And again, I won't be around THAT long - my exit plan is pretty concrete (for now). :lol:
and I had the same problem with the detritus of my parents' relationship having consequences on mine. I listened to enough love line in my teens to realize it. You don't want to repeat it. You don't want them to come of age and realize you were the source of their issues.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
and I had the same problem with the detritus of my parents' relationship having consequences on mine. I listened to enough love line in my teens to realize it. You don't want to repeat it. You don't want them to come of age and realize you were the source of their issues.
Of course.. but I don't blame my parents for anything. I had a great childhood, and I came out of it with a realpolitik view that's served me very well in life. If anything, I spent a little too long dicking around after highschool, but I'm not sure what exactly they might have done to change that. Just a result of lack of structure during highschool, I guess. My stepmom DGAF, and that pissed me off. Mom was an enabler. Not great for my motivation, but life kicked me around until I figured it out, and I had a hell of a time.

If anything, I want to make sure that my kids don't have quite so much uncertainty about where their dad's priorities lie, and a lack of guidance. I can definitely control that, and do.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:51 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

I wish I learned that when I was a kid. It took a long time to get there as an adult.