Re: International sports bar

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:11 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:05 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:01 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:28 am
Honestly, silliest sport ever, who even knows what the rules of this stupid game are.
I will admit that it you have to really follow the game to fully understand the rules.
The basics are easy enough though, you can only pass backwards unless you kick the ball forward and then the receiver has to be behind the kicker at the moment he kicks or when he catches it.
The 2nd try was disallowed because a player passed in front of the ball holder and obstructed a defender. It was the correct call, I saw it before it was called but thought we had got away with it. If the defender hadn't tryed to tackle the obstructing player it would have been a legal move and the try would have stood.
See that sucks, I thought that was a cool move the way they blocked that guy.
It's obstruction though. You don't have to like the rules but you have to play to them. It wasn't a deliberate attempt at cheating, it was more of a dummy run a split second out with the timing.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:12 am

Nice series by England there, pretty much rammed it down their throats.

Too bad number 15 missed that kick earlier.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:13 am

Nothing wrong with that try.
I just scared the crows shouting at that one.
Oh fuck, they're checking for a knock on.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:14 am

Fuck, it's an accidental forward pass.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:15 am

I didn't see that one. That's contentious.
It looked like both players had a hand on the ball at the same time. Video might have robbed us there.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:15 am

You've got to be kidding me, the rules of this game are idiotic.

Stupid obscure rules and plays being called back, this is everything I hate about sport.

I want rugby gassed and put in the ovens.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:25 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:15 am
You've got to be kidding me, the rules of this game are idiotic.

Stupid obscure rules and plays being called back, this is everything I hate about sport.

I want rugby gassed and put in the ovens.
The rules are clear, that was technically a forward pass. Would never have been called before video refereeing because the ref wouldn't have seen it.
I guess if you're an All Blacks fan you love the Test Match Official (TMO) right now. If we were behind I'd be spitting feathers but NZ haven't even come close to putting points on the board yet. They are being outplayed in all areas of the game and England are making them look second best.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:32 am

Shit. That was a soft try. England overthrew the lineout and NZ ended up with a huge gap. Lucky try there and a first defensive mistake by England.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:36 am

Important kick there. 16-7. NZ can't win it with a single try now. 17 minutes to go.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:38 am

My wife says I have to come to bed now.

Thank goodness, I can get away from this infernal rugby and get laid as well.
Nec Aspera Terrent