Game of Thrones - mostly

GloryofGreece

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 13, 2019 1:13 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:11 pm
Episode 5 was the worst episode of television in the last 5 years. Period. If you think otherwise, you don't know good tv.
:lol:

:whistle:
The good, the true, & the beautiful

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 13, 2019 1:17 pm

Kath wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:10 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:03 pm

What do you think if Jorah was still alive, would he have any imaginable calming effect on Khaleesi?
Most certainly. Her final straw (in my opinion,) was losing her BFF, her second dragon and every adviser she trusted. She had absolutely nobody to talk her of the ledge as happened several times in the past. She knew Tyrion was no longer helping her, but was he just dumb or was it sabotage?
Are you referring to the church bells and waiting the pause before the mass destruction? I think Tyrion was hoping she wouldn't go ape shit and i don't even think Khaleesi "knew" what she was going to do before she actually did it. She's turned. Hing moment type shit. I've had a few of those over the past decade of my life. One time I didn't actually sleep for 8-9 days in a row. I snapped but only on myself directly that is. I was more regretful, ashamed , and fearful than angry though.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 13, 2019 1:44 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:17 pm

Are you referring to the church bells and waiting the pause before the mass destruction? I think Tyrion was hoping she wouldn't go ape shit and i don't even think Khaleesi "knew" what she was going to do before she actually did it. She's turned. Hing moment type shit. I've had a few of those over the past decade of my life. One time I didn't actually sleep for 8-9 days in a row. I snapped but only on myself directly that is. I was more regretful, ashamed , and fearful than angry though.
You could sense her processing in the moment. Tyrion told her the bells meant they had won. She no longer trusted him, though. I think she considered his proposal, looked back at all the dumb coming from him recently, and thought, "nah, prolly sabotage," and went nuts as she has been wanting to do for awhile. "I will burn this city to the ground." Prophetic words.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 13, 2019 1:50 pm

Good article - Sums up my feelings all throughout 7 & 8.

https://www.bustle.com/p/11-times-dany- ... s-17868220

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon May 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Kath wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:44 pm
You could sense her processing in the moment. Tyrion told her the bells meant they had won. She no longer trusted him, though. I think she considered his proposal, looked back at all the dumb coming from him recently, and thought, "nah, prolly sabotage," and went nuts as she has been wanting to do for awhile. "I will burn this city to the ground." Prophetic words.
Yes... that's it.
The bells were ringing... she remembers Tyrion's words...
Then remembers he released his brother against her wishes and that Cersi and Jaime are probably laying a trap for her...
Which they could easily have been... see Grumpcat's posts from earlier...
And she decides to do it her way.

Almost can't blame her... except for the mass casualties... and the fact that now they have to kill her.

By the way... who decided to ring the bells anyways... they never show that.... It wasn't on Jaimie's orders.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon May 13, 2019 2:40 pm

Well, that was...mental. :| While I still go by the Valyrians as personifications of the destructive spirit of dragons-theory, I think I'll also agree with Kath's earlier "Dany's mad" opinion. A bit of both things.

It's as if Dany poured not just her grief and rage about the death of Missandei and Rhaegal, but also her disappointment and anger at not being respected in Westeros like she was in Essos, into her riding and burning with Drogon.

And yeah, Dany's most likely on Arya's list now, though I'd guess Drogon will complicate killing her. Unless Drogon betrays her, too... :think:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 13, 2019 2:42 pm

Bronn is going to save Tyrion, he needs him alive to get Highgarden, and he's going to help Jon since Dany isn't going to give it to him, because of Tyrion's betrayal by letting his brother go.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 13, 2019 3:03 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:42 pm
Bronn is going to save Tyrion, he needs him alive to get Highgarden, and he's going to help Jon since Dany isn't going to give it to him, because of Tyrion's betrayal by letting his brother go.
I think the Hound will die or maybe the mountain. Cersei's Maister will live though. Also Arya will find a black stallion is my prediction for next week's episode.
Shikata ga nai

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 13, 2019 3:10 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:42 pm
I think Tyrion is a goner. Plus, Highgarden isn't Tyrion's to give. Dany is getting zero thrones out of this deal. I really hate how Tyrion went dumb out of the blue.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon May 13, 2019 3:10 pm

BjornP wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:40 pm
Unless Drogon betrays her, too... :think:
Uh..... no.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty