Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon May 13, 2019 5:19 am

clubgop wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:12 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:00 pm
clubgop wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:53 pm

The die was cast right there between Snow and Dany. If he would have taken one for the team, she would have respected the bells. But since she chose to rule by fear. She was going to destroy the city.
Actually, I expected Jamie to get in to see Cersei, side with her, and use the bells as a trap. As it turned out, it didn't matter either way. Probably a smart move tactically for Dani, but she lost the kingdom.

- How did none of those ballistas get a clean shot at the damn dragon?!??
It was not a smart move tactically, she burned the capital city when it was totally unnecessary. They had the city and the army had surrendered. Even if they did not breach the keep they could have waited on them or attacked the keep directly.

The scorpion's did get as clean a shot as they were going to get. Remember the attack that shot the dragon last week was an ambush. This time she could recon see where the scorpions are and plan accordingly. She used the sun and cloud cover and went straight in giving it the smallest target area. And in a straight on one on one shot the dragon has enough agility to dodge that shot, So they are forced to fire in volleys, dodge a volley, quick flank and roll them up before they can turn and reload. Rinse and repeat, and if you can come from behind and make them try to turn those things, forget it.
Tactically, not strategically.

Notice all the little green wildfire explosions while she was strafing houses. I think Cersei did have a trap waiting. She just never expected Dany to do it.

Dany will be proven right, but it won’t matter. Tragic ending for all, Jon either takes the throne or dies next week. I’m actually on the edge of my seat to find out.

But no, the guys at the other end of the wall should have been turning to aim as soon as she showed up. At least one or two should have hit.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon May 13, 2019 5:38 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:19 am
clubgop wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:12 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:00 pm

Actually, I expected Jamie to get in to see Cersei, side with her, and use the bells as a trap. As it turned out, it didn't matter either way. Probably a smart move tactically for Dani, but she lost the kingdom.

- How did none of those ballistas get a clean shot at the damn dragon?!??
It was not a smart move tactically, she burned the capital city when it was totally unnecessary. They had the city and the army had surrendered. Even if they did not breach the keep they could have waited on them or attacked the keep directly.

The scorpion's did get as clean a shot as they were going to get. Remember the attack that shot the dragon last week was an ambush. This time she could recon see where the scorpions are and plan accordingly. She used the sun and cloud cover and went straight in giving it the smallest target area. And in a straight on one on one shot the dragon has enough agility to dodge that shot, So they are forced to fire in volleys, dodge a volley, quick flank and roll them up before they can turn and reload. Rinse and repeat, and if you can come from behind and make them try to turn those things, forget it.
Tactically, not strategically.

Notice all the little green wildfire explosions while she was strafing houses. I think Cersei did have a trap waiting. She just never expected Dany to do it.

Dany will be proven right, but it won’t matter. Tragic ending for all, Jon either takes the throne or dies next week. I’m actually on the edge of my seat to find out.

But no, the guys at the other end of the wall should have been turning to aim as soon as she showed up. At least one or two should have hit.
I saw that too, dont think it was much after blowing up the Sept. Not enough to make a difference.

As for the scorpions you keep thinking like it's a big crossbow but at those distances and measurements its more like artillery those things have to be dailed in. The front sight they show you is really useless on a far off, fast moving target. Those ones on the wall I dont think had full motion. And you cant turn fully 90 degrees on either side you are likely firing into the path of the crew next to you. Every one forgets but Tyrion planned a defense for this city, he knows it defenses and Cersei made no attempt to disguise defenses. He and Dany could recon and plan the whole thing.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon May 13, 2019 8:30 am

Green Wildfire... this was Cersei's trap?
I was wondering about that.

I am also wondering what Bronn is up to...

And they are sure building Arya up... are they going to have her kill Dany?

Yes... definitely edge of the seat for the final episode.

The Hound vs the Mountain was totally epic....
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 13, 2019 8:37 am

At some point in season 7, they showed what was left of the wyldfire. I don't think it was a "Cersei done it," moment; just showing the last of it going off when triggered.

This was a highly satisfactory episode for me. Perfect, no, but that's an unreasonable expectation.

I am, however, pretty mad at Benioff. After season 6, he explained why only 13 more episodes. "There's not enough story left for 20 more." *cough* bullshit *cough*

Dany going full blown mad queen exceeded what I expected.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 13, 2019 9:42 am

Kath wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:37 am
At some point in season 7, they showed what was left of the wyldfire. I don't think it was a "Cersei done it," moment; just showing the last of it going off when triggered.

This was a highly satisfactory episode for me. Perfect, no, but that's an unreasonable expectation.

I am, however, pretty mad at Benioff. After season 6, he explained why only 13 more episodes. "There's not enough story left for 20 more." *cough* bullshit *cough*

Dany going full blown mad queen exceeded what I expected.
What do you think Brienne will do , if anything at this point?

Do you think Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Jon all end up living and if not whose definitely not? I can see Arya shape shifting into Jon to kill Khaleesi or helping Jon get it done. My question is if we assume Khaleesi is killed some how then what happens to her Dragon? Does he fly away or create havoc all in the last episode? How would they deal with that beast really? Sure the kill Khaleesi (assuming Jon can convince her to not immediately kill him and his family etc.) but what about that world stopper?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 13, 2019 9:44 am

DrYouth wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:30 am
Green Wildfire... this was Cersei's trap?
I was wondering about that.

I am also wondering what Bronn is up to...

And they are sure building Arya up... are they going to have her kill Dany?

Yes... definitely edge of the seat for the final episode.

The Hound vs the Mountain was totally epic....
I can see Bronn not being in any more scenes (sadly) but I could also imagine him conspiring with Jon and Tyrion to kill Khaleesi ...idk though. It would also be in true to form for him to simply dip out and stay gone.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon May 13, 2019 9:49 am

Those fuckers should have not only done 6 episodes. The wrapping up seems rushed, despite how awesome everything is going.

Arya kills Dany
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 13, 2019 10:15 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:42 am

What do you think Brienne will do , if anything at this point?

Do you think Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Jon all end up living and if not whose definitely not? I can see Arya shape shifting into Jon to kill Khaleesi or helping Jon get it done. My question is if we assume Khaleesi is killed some how then what happens to her Dragon? Does he fly away or create havoc all in the last episode? How would they deal with that beast really? Sure the kill Khaleesi (assuming Jon can convince her to not immediately kill him and his family etc.) but what about that world stopper?
I still think Sansa has a shot as queen. There's no throne left to sit on and no people in KL to rule over. Power moves to the north, and it's Sansa's. Brienne becomes hand of the queen.

That's my crazy wishful thinking that won't happen.

I still think Jon kills Dany.

As to Arya; head scratcher on that. Cersei has been on her death prayer list since season 2. She goes through all she went through just to say, "okay, sure, why not?" when the Hound tells her to go? That's the weird moment for me. Then she goes back to being the little girl she was at the end of Season 1. Strange arc; I don't even have a guess as to where she goes from here. Head of Sansa's Queen's Guard?

The lamest scene for me was Euron/Jamie. What a waste of time. Also, Clegane brothers - what was the point of that? Just a way to off them, I suppose.

Qyburn's death was fun, though.

Watching Cersei get scared was also quite fun. Props to Lena Headey; overall the best acted part in the entire series, IMO.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 13, 2019 10:27 am

California wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:49 am
Those fuckers should have not only done 6 episodes. The wrapping up seems rushed, despite how awesome everything is going.

Arya kills Dany
Of course they shouldn't have the last two seasons shorter. That was an issue and you can tell in both season 7 and 8 that it was rushed in certain parts and even entire episodes were. Which makes it especially annoying when they slow down and have entire filler for two episodes of a season like this one.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 13, 2019 10:54 am

There is potential for worthwhile spin offs and prequels. I'm sure they will try at least a few attempts over the next five years.