Re: Meme Thread for Memes and other assorted Lulz

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:04 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:01 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:48 am
DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:17 am

Would you voluntarily follow someone you considered dumber than yourself?
Yeah yeah, be your own boss, I know where you're going. It's not beyond the realm of possibility to deal with inept leadership for a steady paycheck
Nah, I meant in a situation, let’s say a natural disaster, would you follow anyone you considered less intelligent than yourself?

Some assistant manager in some company doesn’t lead shit. Middle management as a whole doesn’t lead shit. They manage and supervise. The CEO leads. You won’t find a bunch of idiot CEOs because they succumb to market forces quickly and are put out to pasture. Idiot management, on the other hand, is not unusual.

I suspect that in life, when you get to choose who to follow, you don’t choose people you find more ignorant or dumber than yourself. In fact, by virtue of following the leadership of another you imply a faith in their superior abilities, at least in the topic for which you follow their lead.
This applies everywhere but politics because in politics you choose what benefits you the most in the short term, which is not the same as picking a leader.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:16 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:01 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:48 am
DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:17 am

Would you voluntarily follow someone you considered dumber than yourself?
Yeah yeah, be your own boss, I know where you're going. It's not beyond the realm of possibility to deal with inept leadership for a steady paycheck
Nah, I meant in a situation, let’s say a natural disaster, would you follow anyone you considered less intelligent than yourself?

Some assistant manager in some company doesn’t lead shit. Middle management as a whole doesn’t lead shit. They manage and supervise. The CEO leads. You won’t find a bunch of idiot CEOs because they succumb to market forces quickly and are put out to pasture. Idiot management, on the other hand, is not unusual.

I suspect that in life, when you get to choose who to follow, you don’t choose people you find more ignorant or dumber than yourself. In fact, by virtue of following the leadership of another you imply a faith in their superior abilities, at least in the topic for which you follow their lead.
Obviously I agree, but to be combative in the DCF tradition I would offer that perhaps experience would play a part in leadership qualities along with intellect. Forrest Gump made his way through several disaster situations and he had a healthy following by the end of it

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:56 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:21 pm

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:17 pm

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:17 pm
:lol:
I think Roddy McDowalls available.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:42 am

If Steve Jobs gave advice on being a tech guru, I'd hear him out because he's proven he's a leader in tech.

If Steve Jobs gave advice on leading a business, I'd hear him out because I'd trust that he knew what he was talking about there, too.

But if Steve Jobs gave a lecture on the most sensible way to deal with cancer... politely nod while making sure you saved the other two useful pieces of advice for posterity.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:52 am

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:01 am

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:04 am

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session