Political Parenting: Greta Thurnberg edition

Your teenage child is bullied for their political views which mimick your own. You are:

Proud and encourage them
43%
Horrified that they have been exposed to propaganda.
57%

Total votes: 7

Speaker to Animals

Re: Political Parenting: Greta Thurnberg edition

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:20 am

God dammit. There were hardly any boobs and it was a shitty painting.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:27 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:20 am
God dammit. There were hardly any boobs and it was a shitty painting.

Faggoty ass French propaganda used to make a cheap point when a Frederick II meme about cocksucking would have been better if available, whatcha gonna do?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:02 pm

BjornP wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:26 am
Hastur wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:36 am

I'm not attacking Greta. I'm making fun of the surrounding cult. Not the same thing. I think she is the victim of severe child abuse. It's not her fault.
Alright then, but by turning her, a 16 year old girl from a culture that has a tradition of youth politics, into a victim of "abuse", you are turning disagreement into pathology. Do you seriously, honestly, believe she is the victim of child abuse? Even if true, that logically cannot be true for all the kids who demonstrated last week.

I think it best to treat kids about to enter adulthood seriously without having to believe them. In my experience, young people are possibly even more respectful of authority than my own generation. (And no, that's not neccesarily a good thing, they have be skeptical and do the due research). If you treat them with respect, I've found that they are willing to listen. They are still too black and white in their thinking, too uninformed but that's how they learn: By debating with their elders.

But treat a teenager at 16 like they are child that can't understand anything, can't take an independent stand on an issue, just reinforces a low expectation of kids.. and thus of them as adults. And those kids with low expectations grow up to become adult politicians with low expectations. And those politicians suddenly find themselves with a Yellow Vest revolt on their hands...
She's being exploited. So are all the kids being paraded in front of the cameras to push an agenda. They don't know jack. They are used as human shields. Disgusting.
Anyone questioning their agenda will be made to look like heartless bastards.
Trump understands this. Hence his tweet.
I would not put my child in the hands of the DC elites. It's as bad as a Hollywood casting couch.
Anyone who uses the fickle media to rise to prominence should be prepared for the backlash. The media loves to tear their own creations to shreds. For some clicks.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:06 pm

Hastur wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:02 pm
She's being exploited.
Anyone who uses the fickle media to rise to prominence should be prepared for the backlash. The media loves to tear their own creations to shreds. For some clicks.
The backlash hatred for this kid is off the charts, I would be concerned for her safety, some deranged individual might try to kill her.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:10 pm

I think this disgusting farce was the proverbial feather that broke the camel's back. People who are not NPCs are quite aware that this climate change farce is fake science, and the shameless exploitation of this child disgusts a lot of us. The sperg rage tantrum thrown at the UN was unseemly. Frankly, all of Sweden should be embarrassed at this point.

The whole fucking thing is cult-like. I keep wondering when they are finally just going to all drink cyanide kool-aid in a mass die-off. I mean.. if you honestly believe we are headed for an existence like that depicted in The Road, in only 11 years, and there is fuck all you can do about it, then fucking check out. Seriously. Grab some poison and kill yourselves already. Spare us the drama.

I will volunteer to round up the bodies. It's a small price to pay to put an end to this shit. I am embarrassed for the human race by the globalist left.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:30 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:06 pm
Hastur wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:02 pm
She's being exploited.
The backlash hatred for this kid is off the charts, I would be concerned for her safety, some deranged individual might try to kill her.

She would be an invaluable asset if she went full Jeanne d'Arc. A climate Saint is just the thing they need.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:37 pm

Hastur wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:30 pm
She would be an invaluable asset if she went full Jeanne d'Arc. A climate Saint is just the thing they need.
Meh, the Information Age is such a relentless Hurly Burly that she would quickly be forgotten.

It's like that girl the Taliban shot, I've forgotten her name already.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:40 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:37 pm
Hastur wrote:
Meh, the Information Age is such a relentless Hurly Burly that she would quickly be forgotten.

Malala. She was shot for wanting to go to school. Now all the cool kids are refusing an education for the climate. Of course she is forgotten.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Hastur wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:40 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:37 pm
Hastur wrote:

Malala. She was shot for wanting to go to school. Now all the cool kids are refusing an education for the climate. Of course she is forgotten.
I'ma gonna let the Taliban slide on this.

The only school I ever liked was battleschool.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:52 pm

She's the real thing. Anyone who comes back after a headshot and writes a book to spite her attackers is worth a salute.