This forum should ban Holocaust deniers

Speaker to Animals

Re: This forum should ban Holocaust deniers

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:58 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:03 am
Only Hockey spammers need to be banned.

Seriously though, I agree that it's probably the spamming aspect of the thing that is perceived as a problem. It gets tiresome real quick if the main function of the forum becomes putting out fires 24/7.
Then make a rule that bans people for spamming the forum with the same threads over and over. You can setup an official Holocaust Denial thread for people to argue about it there.

This person specifically says they target Holocaust deniers with censorship because they don't feel they should counter that position with evidence and reason. That's a really, really bad strategy.

A much more effective strategy would be to contain the debate within a single thread and get historians to engage these people charitably, but start laying down the evidence.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:45 am

Having a containment zone is just as bad. If you aren't allowed to talk about it here but only there it has the same effect as censorship. You can't discuss it all most likely because the contaient zone might even be compromised with simple tactics like the FB groups do such as agree an amplify until it gets to the point if you are even remotely interested it literally becomes "they are grinding up goy children into sausage biscuits at McDonald's every Sabbath!"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:48 am

If all you are going to do is spam every thread and create endless new threads to talk about it, then containment isn't such a bad idea.

If the Holocaust relates to the topic being discussed, then I don't see the problem.

A similar problem on the DCF for a while was the truther thing. Capps and others were spamming that shit pretty much everywhere. So the solution was to create a containment thread.

I am not talking about saying you can never mention it outside of a containment thread, just create the thread and usually people will just gravitate there to discuss it.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:54 am

A lot of allegations about spamming and very little proof. We have one eyewitness testimony that is providing evidence for millions of spams.

Also, if you are being censored to the point of not being able to discuss the subject perhaps you might find the only avenue available is spam bombing until they catch you and ban you.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:08 am

Eh. It depends. I don't think you win over any minds by spam bombing a hostile forum, though.

I don't think it a good idea to censor people for bringing it up in various threads. Just create a big Holocaust Debate Thread, and most of it probably will gravitate there. Make it sticky.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:10 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:45 am
I really don't get the point. Holocaust deniers are their own worst enemies. If this history forum can't counter and refute that, then what kind of history forum are they?
Or, just get rid of the entire history forum if you can't counter their arguments...……………. I've heard internet rumors that has happened before.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:11 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:10 am
I really don't get the point. Holocaust deniers are their own worst enemies. If this history forum can't counter and refute that, then what kind of history forum are they?
Or, just get rid of the entire history forum if you can't counter their arguments...……………. I've heard internet rumors that has happened before.
It's a possibility.. I have a feeling the forum owners would just fade into obscurity after that, though..

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:14 am

We know which merry band of cockroaches survived that Nuclear Winter.

:goteam: :drunk:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:15 am

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:11 am
C-Mag wrote:
It's a possibility.. I have a feeling the forum owners would just fade into obscurity after that, though..
I honestly think we kept the man sharper and more focused. He doesn't get hard questions on the blue bird, and they are easy to ignore there.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:17 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:15 am
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:11 am
C-Mag wrote:

I honestly think we kept the man sharper and more focused. He doesn't get hard questions on the blue bird, and they are easy to ignore there.
It's certainly less work to be a progressive leader in the intellectual dark web.