Game of Thrones - mostly

DrYouth

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by DrYouth » Tue May 14, 2019 10:51 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:07 am
Kill the Queen in the bedroom. The easy way but Jon will be tested to something like that. I don't see Arya killing anyone substantial at this point. Bronn might be the one though.
So she finishes killing all the citizens and the group of them form a camp on the smoking ruins... and someone sneaks into her bedroom and stabs her...

Not very satisfying.

I want her to die on her dragon...

Just can't think of a believable way that could happen.

Arya is a marksman... maybe she will fire a crossbow at her and bring her down...

Remember her displays of incredible marksmanship... right from the beginning of the series... when Bran was supposed to hit the target.

That... might .... just.... work...

But damn I hate Arya doing it.

But then Drogon kills her in a fit of rage...

And in his grief the dragon exposes himself... and Jon charges in and avenges his sister slaying the dragon...

Like he wanted to do with the necrodrake before it exploded....

8-)
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue May 14, 2019 11:25 am

I'll likely be annoyed if Arya gets the second big kill. It only makes sense to me (now,) that Jon does it. I can be convinced, depending on how they set it up.

I know I don't want Arya to end up in a relationship. That's not her. Her wanting to experience sex is not enough of a character build up for her to suddenly want to be someone's wife.

Sansa, though, yes. If anyone deserves a happy ending, it's her.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue May 14, 2019 11:55 am

Kath wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:25 am
GameOfThrones-s03e06-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 14, 2019 1:39 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:27 am
Game of Oligarchy. Seven lords form a politburo under Jon.
That's a hell of a lot more likely than Game of Republics, bet that.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Also, Cersei is Enabran Tain to Jaime's Elim Garak, except there was no Odo, Bashir or Worf to save him at the end.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 14, 2019 6:18 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:55 am
Kath wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:25 am
GameOfThrones-s03e06-1.jpg
Truth.

Daenerys rules a pile of skulls. Or game of oligarchy.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed May 15, 2019 6:37 am

This channel is decent for geeking out on the show. Nuke will love it since its from a Jew's perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQHZptc2lW4
The good, the true, & the beautiful

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed May 15, 2019 8:33 am

Kath wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:24 pm
He developed a serious case of the dumb. He trusted Cersei, dude, twice, and advised Dany she could trust her. Sansa telling him he developed a case of the dumb was epic. I love how they developed Sansa. I miss drink-and-know-things Tyrion. No-clue Tyrion is hard to watch.
I have a theory about Tyrion turning dumb.
His mother died during his childbirth and he was blamed (by Cersi) for this all his life.
The mother of dragons is an archetypal fill in for his own mother....
The protective, powerful mother he never had.
She fancies herself this way as well... but she is actually insecure and power-hungry.... basically a mirror image of Cersi herself.

The need for a powerful protective mother blinds Tyrion to her faults and makes him want to protect her in return,
So he betrays Varys...
Remember how much like a child he was in the scene where he rats him out.

But now he is waking up to the fact that rather than a protective mother, he has been sheltering a destructive force of nature... who is destroying everything he ever loved.

It's an epic story.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed May 15, 2019 12:48 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:33 am
Kath wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:24 pm
He developed a serious case of the dumb. He trusted Cersei, dude, twice, and advised Dany she could trust her. Sansa telling him he developed a case of the dumb was epic. I love how they developed Sansa. I miss drink-and-know-things Tyrion. No-clue Tyrion is hard to watch.
I have a theory about Tyrion turning dumb.
His mother died during his childbirth and he was blamed (by Cersi) for this all his life.
The mother of dragons is an archetypal fill in for his own mother....
The protective, powerful mother he never had.
She fancies herself this way as well... but she is actually insecure and power-hungry.... basically a mirror image of Cersi herself.

The need for a powerful protective mother blinds Tyrion to her faults and makes him want to protect her in return,
So he betrays Varys...
Remember how much like a child he was in the scene where he rats him out.

But now he is waking up to the fact that rather than a protective mother, he has been sheltering a destructive force of nature... who is destroying everything he ever loved.

It's an epic story.
I have another theory, it's called running out of good material, and a lack of imagination leading to him becoming an idiot with good one liners. Rating on Varys was the dumbest thing he ever did, he as slow on the uptake as Jon Snow at this point, like what the fuck?

Mommy issues and guilt over killing his father making him an blind idiot looking to put all his faith in a parental figure, is the best they got for what used to be the best character on the show? Lame.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed May 15, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed May 15, 2019 12:53 pm

StCapps wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:48 pm
I have another theory, it's called running out of good material, and a lack of imagination leading to him becoming an idiot with good one liners. Rating on Varys was the dumbest thing he ever did, he as slow on the uptake as Jon Snow at this point, like what the fuck?
His turning dumb fits the story line perfectly when you look deeply at Tyrion's backstory.

We all have our longings and anyone of us can idealize the wrong person...

Good stories capture the frailties of human nature.

So yes... ratting on Varys was the dumbest thing he ever did... and that is perfectly fitting for a tragic story line.

Good material after all if you know anything about good television. :twisted: