Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

C-Mag

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:24 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:00 am

They are trying to avoid the financial crisis by printing money like there's no tomorrow. Going all in on Modern Monetary Theory. The weak point is. of course, supply. In Communist Europe, everyone had money, but there was nothing to buy. That is where you're heading.

The communists paid people to do bullshit, fake jobs. The US simply pay people for not working, skipping the charade.

The tipping point is hunger. Always was and always will be.

How far away is hunger?
Good Post

I'm hearing people talk about going into to stores and trying to buy things varying from printers to lawnmowers, they have them on display, but that can't tell you when they would have one you could buy, or months or years down the road. They aren't selling the display model. Witch kind of sounds like Potemkin village stuff.

Food and hunger are the breaking point, it's coming, the Atlantic is giving you hints that the age of surplus is over.
Modern Western nations aren't likely to have famine due to straight shortages, but the costs are going to become a substantial part of your budget.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:44 am

Only a few pints of ice cream on the shelf. End times are here.

But yeah, it’s about to get weird for sure. Find a local farmer and buy bulk meat. Hit up the local vegetable stand and get a ton of stuff to can up.

Oh, you live in a city? Tough life bro.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:45 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:24 am
Hastur wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:00 am

They are trying to avoid the financial crisis by printing money like there's no tomorrow. Going all in on Modern Monetary Theory. The weak point is. of course, supply. In Communist Europe, everyone had money, but there was nothing to buy. That is where you're heading.

The communists paid people to do bullshit, fake jobs. The US simply pay people for not working, skipping the charade.

The tipping point is hunger. Always was and always will be.

How far away is hunger?
Good Post

I'm hearing people talk about going into to stores and trying to buy things varying from printers to lawnmowers, they have them on display, but that can't tell you when they would have one you could buy, or months or years down the road. They aren't selling the display model. Witch kind of sounds like Potemkin village stuff.

Food and hunger are the breaking point, it's coming, the Atlantic is giving you hints that the age of surplus is over.
Modern Western nations aren't likely to have famine due to straight shortages, but the costs are going to become a substantial part of your budget.
With regards to the money printing, they give just enough crumbs to their base to keep getting votes in enough numbers to make fraud somewhat covert, while most of the cash goes to their rich friends who only have one vote come election day but have all the power when it comes to getting their agenda pushed forward.

I'm too well off to benefit from the handouts to the peasants, and not anywhere near rich or powerful enough to in on that game. I feel pretty pessimistic these days about our long term trajectory.

I feel like my wife and I can make it through the rest of our lives ok, it's my kids that I worry about. They will be the ones living the majority of their lives likely worse off than what they knew as younger children.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:24 am

@ Po5

Yeah, all us Gen X middle classers are in that position.

The near term is goUKng to be wild, next 12 to 24 months. China is imploding right now. They have an energy crisis, economic crisis and a sketchy infrastructure, all at the same time. And the globohomos made them the global manufacturer for everyone.

In addition they have a demographic crisis as the fastest aging country, expensive, low production older people, and far too few young productive people.

We in thhe west have to build manufacturing capacity, and that will take time.

Power is out in 21 Chinese provinces this week. They ain't producing shit.
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:38 am

July nails something important here: it's all about the FEELZ.

The UBI is going to be some amazing shit, drinking ourselves sober.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:13 am

Fife wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:38 am
We've created at least one generation of narcissists, which is incurable...
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:16 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:13 am
Fife wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:38 am
We've created at least one generation of narcissists, which is incurable...
Not incurable... just painful to cure.

I can fix stupid, but it's going to be painful...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:26 am

If you use heating oil, now is the time to fill up.

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/u ... ead-winter
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:25 am

My wife is what I use as the normie test. She avoids politics, and gets her news from FB and Tic Tok.

Came home from grocery shopping the other day and she commented on the price of some items we buy regularly. Anyone who was not already aware will be real soon. Also being noticed is the lack of certain items in both stores and restaurants. A lot of people will just chalk it up to some random hiccup in the matrix and think things will be back to normal soon. They will not.

Our dear leaders are already sending out the message that this is the 'new normal", all because of COVID. We are still at the beginning of the downslide. My bet is that this lasts for years. Get used to places being randomly closed or not having certain items.

While travelling this weekend we noticed multiple fast food places either closed or with signage indicating closings on certain days. Before this year I never saw places like Burger King and Arby's being closed an entire day unless it was a holiday. These are now long-term plans. Even the sit-down restaurants are enacting reduced hours and have been out of basic items like tortillas, chicken, and lemonade.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:23 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:25 am
My wife is what I use as the normie test. She avoids politics, and gets her news from FB and Tic Tok.

Came home from grocery shopping the other day and she commented on the price of some items we buy regularly. Anyone who was not already aware will be real soon. Also being noticed is the lack of certain items in both stores and restaurants. A lot of people will just chalk it up to some random hiccup in the matrix and think things will be back to normal soon. They will not.
This is going to be closer to the new normal

And they are now trying to hide it from us by putting up Potemkin villages.

We all need to refuse to live by the lie and call it out wherever we can.
PLATA O PLOMO