Re: Free Market vs Marxism

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:45 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:22 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:21 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:13 pm
DB does usually take the “Free Markets” side of the argument rather than “Capitalism” because that’s a lot harder to defend.
To be fair ... I did the free market defense on this one too. I only mentioned capitalism in the context of government saying "evil capitalists" to sway low-info citizens to the side of big government.
"Yeah, damn those business guys! The government guys are looking out for US, but the rich are just looking out for themselves!!!"
To most big government supporters free markets, capitalism, and private ownership are just sort of jumbled together into one giant "evil rich people" ball.
/shrug
As they should be, in an age where big business controls the government.
An oligopoly is Big Business controlling government, and Fascism is crony Capitalism.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:47 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:21 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:13 pm
DB does usually take the “Free Markets” side of the argument rather than “Capitalism” because that’s a lot harder to defend.
To be fair ... I did the free market defense on this one too. I only mentioned capitalism in the context of government saying "evil capitalists" to sway low-info citizens to the side of big government.
"Yeah, damn those business guys! The government guys are looking out for US, but the rich are just looking out for themselves!!!"
To most big government supporters free markets, capitalism, and private ownership are just sort of jumbled together into one giant "evil rich people" ball.
/shrug
"Free Markets" is the best position to debate egalitarians from, and just admit the excesses of Capitalism; I usually say, "that's what regulations are for."

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:34 am

Article on Britain reaping the rewards of BREXIT. Turns out Central Planning Sucks

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/one ... dependence
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:56 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:50 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:47 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:45 am

That's why people who would normally not be Marxists are attracted to Marxism, but if they really are Marxists then the inequality created by a Free Market would be anathema to them.
It would be best not to confuse the two. The former can be saved and allied. The latter is far fewer in number.
Marxism is built on egalitarianism. Egalitarianism is equality-based; so if someone claims to be searching for equality, they are probably going to be sympathetic to Marxism, even if it's not fully implemented. I could walk outside my door and ask 10 people if equality is their #1 goal, and at least 7 of them would say yes.

Pay attention to the word Equity.

The Biden admin is using it a lot, Equity = Egalitarianism

In this political world
PLATA O PLOMO

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:23 am

They keep moving the goal post further along. Whoever controls language controls thought. Think about who benefited from the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:47 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:56 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:50 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:47 am

It would be best not to confuse the two. The former can be saved and allied. The latter is far fewer in number.
Marxism is built on egalitarianism. Egalitarianism is equality-based; so if someone claims to be searching for equality, they are probably going to be sympathetic to Marxism, even if it's not fully implemented. I could walk outside my door and ask 10 people if equality is their #1 goal, and at least 7 of them would say yes.

Pay attention to the word Equity.

The Biden admin is using it a lot, Equity = Egalitarianism

In this political world
Equity is even worse than equality: "equity" means nurses are equal to engineers (as decided by Elites) and should be paid the same.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:53 pm

That's one example. But I believe it will be handled in our government along racial, disadvantaged, woke standards.

I believe we are nearing an area where the government will actually pay minorities, women, gender benders more than a white male. Because.............. Equity.
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:26 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:53 pm
That's one example. But I believe it will be handled in our government along racial, disadvantaged, woke standards.

I believe we are nearing an area where the government will actually pay minorities, women, gender benders more than a white male. Because.............. Equity.
Democracy in action

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:30 am

Equality = Equal opportunities
Equity = Equal outcome

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:43 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:30 am
Equality = Equal opportunities
Equity = Equal outcome
No; here equality is equal outcome, no winners or losers. Equity is the idea that effort alone is enough, regardless of market forces.