SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

heydaralon

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by heydaralon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:44 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:24 pm
Well, there are only a few hours left in the week and that might make the dumbest thing I have read for the week.

This thing shows similar severity as the Spanish Flu pandemic, and there is a pretty good chance we are going to be locked down just like China and now parts of Italy.
In my honest opinion, 2300 dead is not anywhere near spanish flu's 100 mil.

Again, this could be the new AIDS. It is likely, no certain rather, that the people who died of this were homosexuals. What do we know about the dead? They were going on cruises. That seems gay on the face of it. It is. They had weakened immune systems. Gays also have this problem. Many gays have single digit numbers of T-cells left. Two of the Americans were in or near Japan. Everyone knows that Japanese stuff is gay, especially anime. Gay beyond belief.

This flu is generally scary for middle aged homosexuals. Not for anyone else.
Shikata ga nai

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:54 am

heydaralon wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:44 am
Well, there are only a few hours left in the week and that might make the dumbest thing I have read for the week.

This thing shows similar severity as the Spanish Flu pandemic, and there is a pretty good chance we are going to be locked down just like China and now parts of Italy.

Again, this could be the new AIDS. It is likely, no certain rather, that the people who died of this were homosexuals. What do we know about the dead? They were going on cruises. That seems gay on the face of it. It is. They had weakened immune systems. Gays also have this problem. Many gays have single digit numbers of T-cells left. Two of the Americans were in or near Japan. Everyone knows that Japanese stuff is gay, especially anime. Gay beyond belief.

"1918 influenza pandemic (January 1918 – December 1920)
It infected 500 million people around the world, or about 27% of the then world population of 1800 or 1900 million, including people on remote Pacific islands and in the Arctic. The death toll is estimated to have been 40 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history."

Jan 1918 - Dec 1920 = 3 years to infect 500 million and kill 4-10% of them.

Covid-19 has now been going for 3 months, only really in the news at all for 2 of that at best.

With a long incubation time, transmission while asymptomatic, it's already loose in S.Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy, and probably the US/Canada... Among many others...

You tell me what the infection/death toll might be for this after 3 years?
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:58 am

It’s starting to bore me. I’m waiting for the end of the world so I can pledge my life to the Dark Man, and all we have is some dead slopes and wogs (and we all know that they don’t count)
Carlin delenda est

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:24 am

Ph64 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:54 am
heydaralon wrote:

"1918 influenza pandemic (January 1918 – December 1920)
It infected 500 million people around the world, or about 27% of the then world population of 1800 or 1900 million, including people on remote Pacific islands and in the Arctic. The death toll is estimated to have been 40 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history."

Jan 1918 - Dec 1920 = 3 years to infect 500 million and kill 4-10% of them.

Covid-19 has now been going for 3 months, only really in the news at all for 2 of that at best.

With a long incubation time, transmission while asymptomatic, it's already loose in S.Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy, and probably the US/Canada... Among many others...

You tell me what the infection/death toll might be for this after 3 years?
Probably at least 3,000 people, but honestly, who's counting?

Well, I've heard the virus spreads through dogs, especially pet dogs. I don't have any, but if any person on here is a dog owner it is recommended you put them to sleep as a safety precaution.

I just hope the Iranians are ok! :lol:
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:10 am

heydaralon wrote:

Are you really this fucking ridiculously dense?

If this coronavirus were as pandemic and widespread as the flu, we'd have hundreds of millions of fatalities. You are like a batshit feminist confusing the equality of outcomes with actual equality. We are only two months into this, and it only technically went pandemic yesterday. You are comparing the total death count today with the final death count of YEARS of the Spanish Flu. Look at the case mortality rate of this coronavirus (10%) combined with the r-naught value of at least 6.0. It's MORE infectious than the flu and is several orders of magnitude more lethal. It's actually much worse than normal flu, and possibly even more severe than the Spanish Influeza virus.

Influenza infects between 10-20% of the human population each year. It's mortality rate is something like 0.1%. The mortality rate of the Spanish Flu strain was about 2.5% before it mutated to something more benign.

This new coronavirus is many times more infectious than influenza and its case mortality rate is sitting at around 10% right now, and we have not yet seen hospitals completely overrun, bringing that mortality rate way up. Virologists predict this virus has the capability to infect up to 60% of the world's population because it is so transmissable. If that happens, even at the Spanish Flu mortality of only 2.5%, you are going to far exceed the death toll of the Spanish Flu virus. Except right now the mortality stands at 10% of the closed cases. Maybe you should look up the global population. Use your phone's calculator to get this number: P*0.6*0.1, where P is the current global population, 0.6 is for 60% infected, and 0.1 is for 10% mortality of those infected. The result is the ceiling of how many people could die if we don't execute drastic measures (like total lock downs). And that's assuming that we can somehow treat the +20% of people who will depend on intensive care to survive. When Wuhan's hospitals were at capacity, their mortality was hovered around 15% before coming down due to the new hospitals they built. Change that 0.1 to 0.15 to see what happens when ICUs are overwhelmed.

That's not including the complete shut down of the global supply chain we already see right the fuck now. The global economy is about to hit a major recession, at best, but probably much worse.

You should pray to God this thing gets contained, but don't count on it. Your disbelief in what the math is telling us does not constitute a rational argument either.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:52 am

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/2 ... q241674007

Bro. Check these dates. I think I'm going to buy a five pounds bag of rice jic

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:08 am

Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:10 am
heydaralon wrote:

Are you really this fucking ridiculously dense?

If this coronavirus were as pandemic and widespread as the flu, we'd have hundreds of millions of fatalities. You are like a batshit feminist confusing the equality of outcomes with actual equality. We are only two months into this, and it only technically went pandemic yesterday. You are comparing the total death count today with the final death count of YEARS of the Spanish Flu. Look at the case mortality rate of this coronavirus (10%) combined with the r-naught value of at least 6.0. It's MORE infectious than the flu and is several orders of magnitude more lethal. It's actually much worse than normal flu, and possibly even more severe than the Spanish Influeza virus.

Influenza infects between 10-20% of the human population each year. It's mortality rate is something like 0.1%. The mortality rate of the Spanish Flu strain was about 2.5% before it mutated to something more benign.

This new coronavirus is many times more infectious than influenza and its case mortality rate is sitting at around 10% right now, and we have not yet seen hospitals completely overrun, bringing that mortality rate way up. Virologists predict this virus has the capability to infect up to 60% of the world's population because it is so transmissable. If that happens, even at the Spanish Flu mortality of only 2.5%, you are going to far exceed the death toll of the Spanish Flu virus. Except right now the mortality stands at 10% of the closed cases. Maybe you should look up the global population. Use your phone's calculator to get this number: P*0.6*0.1, where P is the current global population, 0.6 is for 60% infected, and 0.1 is for 10% mortality of those infected. The result is the ceiling of how many people could die if we don't execute drastic measures (like total lock downs). And that's assuming that we can somehow treat the +20% of people who will depend on intensive care to survive. When Wuhan's hospitals were at capacity, their mortality was hovered around 15% before coming down due to the new hospitals they built. Change that 0.1 to 0.15 to see what happens when ICUs are overwhelmed.

That's not including the complete shut down of the global supply chain we already see right the fuck now. The global economy is about to hit a major recession, at best, but probably much worse.

You should pray to God this thing gets contained, but don't count on it. Your disbelief in what the math is telling us does not constitute a rational argument either.
You are the one that doesn't understand math. In 1945, We dropped an Atom Bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That probably killed like 120-150,000 people. In order to survive that blast you would need at least 3 feet of lead and probably a concrete bunker. Now you are saying (incorrectly I might add) that this will kill off hundreds of millions of people. In your irrational panicking brain you have not stopped to think about how five pounds of rice would save you. 3 feet thick lead would stop the radiation of something equivalent to killing 120,000 people, but a puny five pound bag of rice could keep you safe from something that will kill billions? How does that work?

You are equating rice with lead which is incorrect. If this were radioactive, you would need something that is hundreds of feet thick with lead. At least. Rice would not help you with that radiation.

Anyway, nothing will happen, but I just did the math for you so that if you insist on trying to rile people up with your misinformation, you can at least be more accurate.

You are welcome.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:10 am

Losers buy rice.

Winners don't get sick in the first place.
Shikata ga nai

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:20 am

"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:40 am

Perspective on how the medias take on this has been overall...quite perplexing .
https://aelkus.github.io/eris/2020/02/22/cvi
The good, the true, & the beautiful