SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

heydaralon

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by heydaralon » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:41 am

Some chinks didn't wash their hands after taking a shit and a bunch of them got sick. I don't know how this even made the news. I guarantee it will turn out to be nothing.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:45 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:37 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:36 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:25 am

This reminds me of the debate we had over illegal migration, actually. I argued that we absolutely could not afford to slam the door shut all at once, or we’d destroy the existing economy.

I’m not wed to the globalist agenda whatsoever, and I’m a little horrified that I can’t buy a mask made here.

However, you might be vastly underestimating the amount of time it would take to even bring a tiny fraction of US manufacturing online. We’ve made it all but impossible, through economic distortion. You’d be paying 3-5x as much for anything made in the US, even at minimum wage. More to the point, you wouldn’t have a single product on the shelves in less than 2-3 years.

Like it or not, we are seeing the entire supply chain shut down, and thanks to normalcy bias, nobody is even thinking about making things here yet. Not that they could get financing anyway, once the stock market wakes up to the problem.

We are looking at a perfect storm.
The problem with the sources you rely on is that they take a kernel of truth and then blow it out of proportion. This is probably not a "bioweapon". If it is, then it sucks as a bioweapon. A weaponized virus is suppose to infect the immediate population and then kill everybody so that it does not cause a pandemic. This thing is not that.

They take a grain of truth (that this probably originated in the research lab down the street from the seafood market) and conflated that with a weapon's research facility that is many miles away. We know there are no bats in or around Hubei. There were no bats in the seafood market. There is right across the street a civilian lab that researches bat viruses. It's kind of obvious where this shit came from. It's not a weapon. It's just normal Chinese stupidity fucking us all in the ass (again).
I say bioweapon, but you may be right that it’s some kind of experimental version. Regardless, it’s definitely synthetic.

There are several studies citing sections of genetic code transplanted from HIV, which would almost certainly not happen naturally. There’s the insane period of asymptomatic transmission, which I don’t believe have ever been seen in a flu virus. There’s also the fact that this thing appears to be re-infecting and killing instantly, which is extremely unusual in human disease.
Lastly, there’s the fact that diseases simply don’t move between species with any frequency. The odds of all these things coming together from ‘bat soup’ are completely absurd.

Either we just shot the fucking moon with this thing, or it’s a bioweapon/attempt at one that escaped confinement.
That's just it. We already know what happened. It's not an experimental virus at all. They were experimenting on bats in an unsafe lab located adjacent to the fish market. A scientist got bitten by bats and then transmitted it to the hospital that was nextdoor to the lab. Then it spread into the fish market area that was across the street.

It's just a natural coronavirus. It got out because Chinese are fucking filthy people who we all know don't care about basic safety standards. We have untold Americans who grew up with illegal lead toys these people shipped in, God knows how many dead dogs from that antifreeze thing that happened a while back. The ocean is fucking dying from their plastic and other pollution.

You get what you get when you deal with these people. Daralon is not wrong in his contempt. They knew better than to take stupid risks like this, but they did it anyway because the really don't give a shit. They don't even wash their hands when they shit. It's a horrible place.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:53 am

13 Animal-to-Human Diseases Kill 2.2 Million People Each Year
https://www.livescience.com/21426-globa ... spots.html

https://www.livescience.com/12951-10-in ... uenza.html

Conspiracy theories are fun though...
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:53 am

Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:45 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:36 am

The problem with the sources you rely on is that they take a kernel of truth and then blow it out of proportion. This is probably not a "bioweapon". If it is, then it sucks as a bioweapon. A weaponized virus is suppose to infect the immediate population and then kill everybody so that it does not cause a pandemic. This thing is not that.

They take a grain of truth (that this probably originated in the research lab down the street from the seafood market) and conflated that with a weapon's research facility that is many miles away. We know there are no bats in or around Hubei. There were no bats in the seafood market. There is right across the street a civilian lab that researches bat viruses. It's kind of obvious where this shit came from. It's not a weapon. It's just normal Chinese stupidity fucking us all in the ass (again).
I say bioweapon, but you may be right that it’s some kind of experimental version. Regardless, it’s definitely synthetic.

There are several studies citing sections of genetic code transplanted from HIV, which would almost certainly not happen naturally. There’s the insane period of asymptomatic transmission, which I don’t believe have ever been seen in a flu virus. There’s also the fact that this thing appears to be re-infecting and killing instantly, which is extremely unusual in human disease.
Lastly, there’s the fact that diseases simply don’t move between species with any frequency. The odds of all these things coming together from ‘bat soup’ are completely absurd.

Either we just shot the fucking moon with this thing, or it’s a bioweapon/attempt at one that escaped confinement.
That's just it. We already know what happened. It's not an experimental virus at all. They were experimenting on bats in an unsafe lab located adjacent to the fish market. A scientist got bitten by bats and then transmitted it to the hospital that was nextdoor to the lab. Then it spread into the fish market area that was across the street.

It's just a natural coronavirus. It got out because Chinese are fucking filthy people who we all know don't care about basic safety standards. We have untold Americans who grew up with illegal lead toys these people shipped in, God knows how many dead dogs from that antifreeze thing that happened a while back. The ocean is fucking dying from their plastic and other pollution.

You get what you get when you deal with these people. Daralon is not wrong in his contempt. They knew better than to take stupid risks like this, but they did it anyway because the really don't give a shit. They don't even wash their hands when they shit. It's a horrible place.
I won’t argue with any of that, but for that’s no mere ‘laboratory’ you’re talking about. The facility in Wuhan is their only BSL-4 lab. The top level, reserved for extremely dangerous pathogens.

There’s also been some mention that this is a virus they stole from the Canadians.

For my money, they stole something, and lost control of it because they have no idea how to work with it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:54 am

It’s not like they can’t do better - Asian Americans (2nd gen or those who grew up here) are not like the PRC’s proles. I feel bad for the Chinese people - they’re dirty bc they’re stuck in a culture that hasn’t changed much in a thousand years. Then they got fucked up the ass by Mao’s cultural revolution. Maybe this will kick them into the 21rst century when it comes to hygiene. And now the PRC and western corporations exploit them for cheap labor.

Why happened in western countries that facilitated cleaner proles, and which did not happen in China? Is it we had better and relatively more moral elites leading us?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:58 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:53 am
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:45 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

I won’t argue with any of that, but for that’s no mere ‘laboratory’ you’re talking about. The facility in Wuhan is their only BSL-4 lab. The top level, reserved for extremely dangerous pathogens.

There’s also been some mention that this is a virus they stole from the Canadians.

For my money, they stole something, and lost control of it because they have no idea how to work with it.
Wrong. You are confusing a disease research lab across thevstreet with a weapons lab many miles away.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:08 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:16 am
Am I the only person seeing the positives here?
It is weeding out the non-productive members of society ie old people, children and the weak.
The deaths of health care workers like the 34 year-old doctor who tried to warn people about it early on is a positive? I guess they are just the weak, unproductive ones so we should be glad they are not dragging us down anymore.

A double F-U coming from someone who is diabetic and who is at greater risk of dying from this.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:17 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:54 am
It’s not like they can’t do better - Asian Americans (2nd gen or those who grew up here) are not like the PRC’s proles. I feel bad for the Chinese people - they’re dirty bc they’re stuck in a culture that hasn’t changed much in a thousand years. Then they got fucked up the ass by Mao’s cultural revolution. Maybe this will kick them into the 21rst century when it comes to hygiene. And now the PRC and western corporations exploit them for cheap labor.

Why happened in western countries that facilitated cleaner proles, and which did not happen in China? Is it we had better and relatively more moral elites leading us?
The Black Death.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:18 am

The CHINESE BIOWEAPON Will lead to a real life "The Stand"

You know what that means? The rise of the nefarious Randarr Frag

My rife for you!

Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:26 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:17 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:54 am

The Black Death.
Dude, the Black Death probably started in China.
https://www.thoughtco.com/black-death-i ... gue-195144
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.