"So now the Dems go to a simple private transaction"

DBTrek

Re: "So now the Dems go to a simple private transaction"

Post by DBTrek » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:17 pm

Not only doesn Monte know he's moral - way more moral than religious people, but:

Monte knows Monte is smart.
Monte know Monte is kind.
Monte knows Monte could do everything else that everyone else does, he just doesn't feel like doing it- but he could!
Monte knows Monte right because he knows it.
Etc, etc.

Amazing. Why ... it's like you opinion of yourself is extremely high, and it forms the basis of all your judgments. Can't see the glaring flaw in that approach to life. :lol:

You only run into problems when compared you side-by-side with others. That's when all your self-assessments have to start rapidly coming up with excuses, explanations, and diversions.
Last edited by DBTrek on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:17 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:10 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:04 pm
Don't need to believe in God to have morals.
In fact, the opposite is often the case. Ask a Catholic choir boy.
That's the retarded argument you all parrot.
Zealotry for the sake of zealotry.
"I'm moral as fuck without religion. Which is why I fill my days venting hatred over religion, families, genders, borders, holidays, white people, productive citizens, employers, and police. "
:lol:

Churches, Mosques, and Synagogues regularly fill their worship centers with billions of people every week. People who take time out of their day to contemplate eternity, humanity, and the individual's responsibility to a greater good. How many people a week does the Monte Morality Center draw?
Zero.

But you're moral as fuck, by your own estimation.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The fuck outta here . . .
Don't know which strawman to debunk first.
Fuck it I'm a lazy bum I won't even bother...
He was in there praying that housing prices would go up, and that the homeless would disappear. How dare you challenge his moral authority.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:18 pm

Jedi keeps using words he doesn't understand.
But the other lemmings use them the same way . . . so . . . there's safety in numbers.
:lol:

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:22 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:55 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:50 pm
@DB you don't think christian conservative types have sacrificed part of their morals in support of a playboy real estate and television tycoon? that seems to be what this thread is about
No.
Maybe you can explain it to me.
A conservtive christian man sees Hillary and Trump running for president.
He votes Trump.

Where were his morals sacrificed?
That's just a bunch leftist bullshit that distills down to "Christian guy voted for an adulterer therefore he's not all that Christian, is he?!?!? HERPA DERP!"

... which is stupid when it's coming from the mouths of a self-interested atheist twats who have no moral accomplishments of their own, but never ceases to revel in the defeats of others.
well i would say that donald trump is an elected representative of his electorate and represents their views, both political and moral to some extent. if not, then why are christian conservative types so up in arms about planned parenthood and the sanctity of marriage and whatever moral failings they object to? i'm not up to speed on the bible but i'm fairly sure it preaches against cheating on your wife, so christian conservatives are atleast content to look the other way on some teachings of the good book in support of the lesser evil

meanwhile i've got sta over here claiming that i'm responsible for foreign wars and the electorate bears all responsibility for the leaders they elect, so if christian conservatives are cool with electing an athiest degenerate to the white house, then that reflects poorly on them, not liberals or whoever else you guys are trying to make this thread about

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:27 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:22 pm

well i would say that donald trump is an elected representative of his electorate and represents their views, both political and moral to some extent. if not, then why are christian conservative types so up in arms about planned parenthood and the sanctity of marriage and whatever else? i'm not up to speed on the bible but i'm fairly sure it preaches against cheating on your wife, so christian conservatives are atleast content to look the other way on some teachings of the good book in support of the lesser evil
You've touched on the obvious truth of the matter. Christians, like other humans, vote for the issues, not for individuals. If Ru Paul was running on an "outlaw abortion, gays can't force people to provide services against their religious beliefs, put prayer back in school" platform they'd vote for that cross-dressing queer.

And then Jedi would do the exact same "GUESS THEY AREN'T SO CHRISTIAN AFTERALL" herpa-derp dance we see him doing here. It's not even original. It was old when my generation was doing it - but with Christians in decline and social authoritarianism on the rise it looks even more outdated and quaint when Christian-haters come out to crow about "morality".
/shrug

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:35 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:27 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:22 pm

well i would say that donald trump is an elected representative of his electorate and represents their views, both political and moral to some extent. if not, then why are christian conservative types so up in arms about planned parenthood and the sanctity of marriage and whatever else? i'm not up to speed on the bible but i'm fairly sure it preaches against cheating on your wife, so christian conservatives are atleast content to look the other way on some teachings of the good book in support of the lesser evil
You've touched on the obvious truth of the matter. Christians, like other humans, vote for the issues, not for individuals. If Ru Paul was running on an "outlaw abortion, gays can't force people to provide services against their religious beliefs, put prayer back in school" platform they'd vote for that cross-dressing queer.
i'm not so sure they would vote for rupaul in your hypothetical, but i take your point. then again, christian conservatives railed for years about the muslim in the white house, as if that would necessarily be a problem, considering the separation between the individual and the issues

/also shrug

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:40 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:35 pm
i'm not so sure they would vote for rupaul in your hypothetical, but i take your point. then again, christian conservatives railed for years about the muslim in the white house, as if that would necessarily be a problem, considering the separation between the individual and the issues

/also shrug
They railed against the individual and the policies.
... and within 18 months they were ordered to buy abortion services for atheists.

So it's possible they simply saw the writing on the wall.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:07 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:40 pm
They railed against the individual and the policies
a generous appraisal

this element definitely existed within the christian conservative base, to what extent i don't know, but it's not nothing

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Sure. Probably a tiny minority hugely amplified by the lens of media.

Anyone watching TV today would think gun homicides are at record highs, not lows.
Anyone reading the news today would think THIS is the era where little black girls were bombed in churches, not seventy years ago.
Anyone exposed to the common media narrative probably thinks there are millions of white supremacists in America, not a handful of low-thousands.

And I'm sure many media-addicted people in America think during Obama the Churches were full of hand-wringing rubes worried about a closet muslim in the White House . . . when in fact the vast majority were simply focusing on their lives, their responsibilities, their moral obligations to God and their neighbors, and praying for help with their daily struggles.

But sure . . . there were certainly some that were hand-wringing about the "closet muslim".

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:14 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:13 pm
Sure. Probably a tiny minority hugely amplified by the lens of media.
Oh please do go on...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0