The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:08 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:07 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:36 am
I love this
Oh, I do too.
I watch generational wars like sporting events. Pretty fun. Has me wanting to do play by play. "Once they secured their good jobs and pensions and were in charge, they sold out the US to Mexico and China" Bam, 2 points for Gen X. Oh, here comes the counter punch from da Boomer. :lol:
I have yet to see an effective counter punch.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Re: The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:12 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:08 am
C-Mag wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:36 am
I love this
Oh, I do too.
I watch generational wars like sporting events. Pretty fun. Has me wanting to do play by play. "Once they secured their good jobs and pensions and were in charge, they sold out the US to Mexico and China" Bam, 2 points for Gen X. Oh, here comes the counter punch from da Boomer. :lol:
If I were a boomer I'd just be like "Oh, the past actions of the government is all my fault? Cool. Then the actions of the current government are all your fault. Figure out what male and female are, stop bringing back the racism we got rid of with the Civil Rights Act, and stop importing illegals by the millions and then complaining your non-skilled ass has no job".

But I'm Gen X, not a boomer.
So the Geezers are gonna have to figure out how to counterpunch on their own.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:13 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:12 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:08 am
C-Mag wrote:

Oh, I do too.
If I were a boomer I'd just be like "Oh, the past actions of the government is all my fault? Cool. Then the actions of the current government are all your fault. Figure out what male and female are, stop bringing back the racism we got rid of with the Civil Rights Act, and top importing illegals by the millions and then complaining your non-skilled ass has no job".

But I'm Gen X, not a boomer.
So the Geezer are gonna have to figure out how to counterpunch on their own.
Boomers still own the entire government, with the exception of a few noisy senators. No passing the buck on that shit.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:15 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:13 am
Boomers still own the entire government, with the exception of a few noisy senators. No passing the buck on that shit.
So do whites.

So if you're down with the whole "someone who looks like you is in power, therefore your demographic is the problem" I can't help your stupid ass.
/shrug

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:22 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:15 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
So do whites.

So if you're down with the whole "someone who looks like you is in power, therefore your demographic is the problem" I can't help your stupid ass.
/shrug
I find a lot more common culture and experience within a generation, than a blurry racial group. YMMV.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:29 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:22 am
I find a lot more common culture and experience within a generation, than a blurry racial group. YMMV.
I'm sure you've studied it extensively.
:lol:

(Anglo culture, shared history, shared language, shared religion, shared values, obviously way different and far less impactful than a diverse people who lived in a certain span of decades)

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:02 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:15 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
So do whites.

/shrug
:shock: Oh, Dude............... DB went Systemic Racism on your ass :lol:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:55 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:29 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:22 am
I'm sure you've studied it extensively.
:lol:

(Anglo culture, shared history, shared language, shared religion, shared values, obviously way different and far less impactful than a diverse people who lived in a certain span of decades)
Ankle biting aside, yes. I’d argue that people of a similar age, in a similar region, will share a lot more in common than those of different ages, with similar melatonin levels.

See: western 1920s white homesteader and
Big city white banker in the 70s.
Or: 1920s white homesteader and black 1920s homesteader.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:54 pm

More

Boomer Response
I have been doing a lot of thinking lately (thank our host) about my generation and its many, many failures, trying to discern what it is real and what is not and I suddenly thought of something we are absolutely guilty of and that is promoting the idea of a "bucket list." Before Boomers die they create a list of things they want to experience so as to give their last days meaning. It was exemplified in the 2007 movie with Nicholson and Freeman.

It is a thoroughly modern phrase and given its requirements, a marked Boomer concern, one that exemplifies the "spending it all before I go out" mentality with a strong focus on what the Boomer thinks is important and what will give their fading days meaning. Narcissistic to the core.

Its first use appeared in 2004, "in the context of things to do before one kicks the bucket (a phrase in use since at least 1785) in the book Unfair & Unbalanced: The Lunatic Magniloquence of Henry E. Panky, by Patrick M. Carlisle. That work includes the sentences, “So, anyway, a Great Man, in his querulous twilight years, who doesn’t want to go gently into that blacky black night. He wants to cut loose, dance on the razor’s edge, pry the lid off his bucket list!”

Gen X weighs in
''The Boomers were too young''

Yeah those 70 year old youngsters! Maybe in another decade or two they'll age up enough to change things.

When Boomers want to do something nothing will stop them. In the Boomers eyes the law be damned. When they want to torture people they'll just outsource it. When they want to devastate the environment and pay slave wages they'll just do it outside the purview of US law or enact unpaid internships. When they want to gamble on the stock market they'll let investment and savings banks merge by changing the law. When they want to enslave children and enrich themselves whilst keeping younger people out of the employment pool as competition they'll enact suicidal student loans, mandated degree HR centers, and make sure they can't be discharged in any circumstances. When the Boomer wants his boner...oh boy they'll rush that right on through the FDA while life saving drugs linger for decades in beurocratic hell. When they want to keep profits high while being lazy shits they'll extend copyright law and change workers unions to be boomer unions.

The Boomers did whatever they wanted. Do you assert that the Boomers had no power nor will to change the law as it suited them, and cleverly going around it when they could not change it? They demonstrated immense ability to enact their will and still retain such power as the corona lockdowns have proven.

It's such a dishonest argument. The reason many shitty circumstances in society still exist after the reign of the Boomer is because a Boomer wanted it that way. At a certain point it's a feature, not a flaw, and a lifetime of unheard of wealth power and opportunity is certainly that point.
https://voxday.blogspot.com/2021/06/the ... mment-form
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:31 pm

Damn, that entire page is gold.

EDIT: and as I typed that, I was reminded by my idiot neighbor of that golden day ahead when Harleys are left to rot, and no longer shake my windows in waves of boomer masturbatory futility.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace