Urban vs. Rural; What's to be done?

Speaker to Animals

Re: Urban vs. Rural; What's to be done?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:41 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:11 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:14 pm
I'm not offering solutions for cities or the people that inhabit them. I don't live there, never have, I can't solve their problems. I'm shining a light on the ills of urban life.

Urbanites have attacked rural folks and rural life for centuries, while failing to look at their own failures objectively. A lot of the critiques are about modernity, but a lot are not. Cities have always sought, and been largely successful in creating the idea that urban areas are where enlightenment and intelligence resides. It's not true, the masses of cities are dumbed down, zombies that gladly trade perceived security and culture for living in a wasteland of mental and environmental poison.

Higher functioning humans choose rural environments.
Failing to look at one's failures and faults objectively is a human thing. Imagine Becky being a person who doesn't arrive at her beliefs through reason and rigor, more she believes what she believes because that gives her social currency, makes her accepted by who she is surrounded by. Now, if Becky was born in a rural area, she's going to take up what they believe, if Becky was born in a urban areas, she's going to believe what they believe. Becky doesn't challenge, Becky abides.

Beckies are everywhere though and the more you travel the more you see that people are the same, pretty much everywhere.

Tell you what though, my college classes in the rural area I was from were largely taught by grad students. Where I go to school now? Doctors and professionals. I had a biology class in the rural area where the teacher stated that stated she didn't believe in evolution.

Maybe you live in a rural area flush with doctors and philosophers, but that was definitely not my experience, and I lived there for 31 years.
You grossly over-value what universities are selling right now, and you devalue the contribution to civilization of non-urbanites. You cannot exist without rural society, but rural civilization can exist just fine without you. You are not the heart of civilization at all. You just have blinders on about anything not like you.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:23 am

Ph64 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:34 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:00 am
brewster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:40 pm
Existence of urban loyalists does not prove a preponderance of loyalists. and I did not accuse you specifically, but much of the anti-city rhetoric on the site involves racism.
Anti-City Rhetoric is Racist ? :think:
Really.

I find attacks like that very troubling. It's part of the reason I go after cities on the board. I'm probably the biggest instigator of that here. As I've said before, urbanites for decades, probably centuries have impuned rural people. A great contemporary attack is to call rural people racist. But I submit to you there is far less racism in rural areas than urban. Boston is the most racist place in America, yet they consider themselves progressive and enlightened. The lie that rural areas are racist is just as big a myth as Democrat support of blacks. Democrats are the party of racism.
"Urbanite" is now a race, apparently. However, it we were to follow that "logic" consistently it would then follow that "Ruralite" must therefore also be a race, and therefore the MSM news and Urbanites celebrating the rural population as "stupid hicks" and the like would make them RACIST.

Of course that's assuming you apply things consistently,which we know they dont.
...because they're "smart" and therefore the rules don't apply to them. :roll:
Honest to God, I think we are becoming separate races already. If you think about this in evolutionary terms, the environmental variables (especially social variables that affect sexual selection) in an urban environment are totally different from those in a rural or otherwise non-urban environment. Humans adapt to these kinds of environmental changes in a handful of generations. We are looking at a population of people who have on both sides of their lineage many generations of urbanites.

Consider the typical New York or Chicago mutt. They are proud to tell you they are Irish-German-Italian-Polish mixes or whatever, and if you consider what that means, we are talking about a person who's parents were born from urbanites, grandparents were born from urbanites, great grandparents were born from urbanites, and possibly even more urbanites going back to Europe.

On the other hand, out here where I live in Appalachia (outside the Yankee urbanite colony of Asheville), people are generally Scott-Irish. They are born from Appalachian hill people going back even more generations. Completely different environmental variables. What could increase your odds of reproduction in a city could easily decimate your chances in Appalachia, and vice versa.

In particular, group selection -- the very thing that gave rise to hominid sapience -- is selected against in a city. This is a major cause of the degeneracy.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:07 am

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:07 am
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/01/02 ... o-station/

More Wildings....
Do they still call those "flash mobs"? People chimp out, what to do...
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:37 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:07 am
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/01/02 ... o-station/

More Wildings....
Do they still call those "flash mobs"? People chimp out, what to do...

Wildings are not "flash mobs" per se - Flash mobs typically non-violent and funny...Wildings are just hooligans and thugs.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:56 am

Ph64 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:34 am
C-Mag wrote:
brewster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:40 pm
Existence of urban loyalists does not prove a preponderance of loyalists. and I did not accuse you specifically, but much of the anti-city rhetoric on the site involves racism.
Really.

I find attacks like that very troubling. It's part of the reason I go after cities on the board. I'm probably the biggest instigator of that here. As I've said before, urbanites for decades, probably centuries have impuned rural people. A great contemporary attack is to call rural people racist. But I submit to you there is far less racism in rural areas than urban. Boston is the most racist place in America, yet they consider themselves progressive and enlightened. The lie that rural areas are racist is just as big a myth as Democrat support of blacks. Democrats are the party of racism.
"Urbanite" is now a race, apparently. However, it we were to follow that "logic" consistently it would then follow that "Ruralite" must therefore also be a race, and therefore the MSM news and Urbanites celebrating the rural population as "stupid hicks" and the like would make them RACIST.

Of course that's assuming you apply things consistently,which we know they dont.
...because they're "smart" and therefore the rules don't apply to them. :roll:

I'd rather see Rural and Urban folks get along, but for that to happen there must be mutual respect.

For too long Rural people have allowed themselves to be shit on by Urbanites who constantly degrade rural folks, and disrespect rural areas so much they call middle America flyover states...………………. not worthy enough to even stop. Frame us as racist, stupid people clinging to our guns and religion.

Well, Fuck you Coastal Urban Elites. You don't get any respect from us, until you show us some respect.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:43 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:41 am
jediuser598 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:14 pm
I'm not offering solutions for cities or the people that inhabit them. I don't live there, never have, I can't solve their problems. I'm shining a light on the ills of urban life.

Urbanites have attacked rural folks and rural life for centuries, while failing to look at their own failures objectively. A lot of the critiques are about modernity, but a lot are not. Cities have always sought, and been largely successful in creating the idea that urban areas are where enlightenment and intelligence resides. It's not true, the masses of cities are dumbed down, zombies that gladly trade perceived security and culture for living in a wasteland of mental and environmental poison.

Higher functioning humans choose rural environments.
Failing to look at one's failures and faults objectively is a human thing. Imagine Becky being a person who doesn't arrive at her beliefs through reason and rigor, more she believes what she believes because that gives her social currency, makes her accepted by who she is surrounded by. Now, if Becky was born in a rural area, she's going to take up what they believe, if Becky was born in a urban areas, she's going to believe what they believe. Becky doesn't challenge, Becky abides.

Beckies are everywhere though and the more you travel the more you see that people are the same, pretty much everywhere.

Tell you what though, my college classes in the rural area I was from were largely taught by grad students. Where I go to school now? Doctors and professionals. I had a biology class in the rural area where the teacher stated that stated she didn't believe in evolution.

Maybe you live in a rural area flush with doctors and philosophers, but that was definitely not my experience, and I lived there for 31 years.
You grossly over-value what universities are selling right now, and you devalue the contribution to civilization of non-urbanites. You cannot exist without rural society, but rural civilization can exist just fine without you. You are not the heart of civilization at all. You just have blinders on about anything not like you.
Didn't you grow up in an urban environment in the Chicago area?

How long have you even been rural?
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:47 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:43 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:41 am
jediuser598 wrote:

Didn't you grow up in an urban environment in the Chicago area?

How long have you even been rural?
No.

I grew up in Florida.

My family on both sides originally came from the Carolinas.

I lived in Chicago for ten years.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:53 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Really.

Read better. I did not say being anti-city is racist, I said much of the anti-city rhetoric was. Ex: the "city as shithole" theme is often racist, it's pretty clear that's not talking about the yuppies and their lattes, urban poor are typically minority. Nor have I said rural people are racist as a rule. As has been said, you can find racists everywhere.

The notion that rural areas would be just fine without cities is only true if you're OK with dark ages technology. Say goodbye to the gadgets you're communicating with right now. Technology and cities go hand in hand. It takes concentrated resources, both human and material, to develop and produce everything in modern society. From Nineveh to NYC, there's a reason we have them.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:01 pm

White urban enclaves are shitholes.