The Moocher States...What Happens There?

clubgop

Re: The Moocher States...What Happens There?

Post by clubgop » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:42 am

Kath wrote:This chart shows the % of state population using federal funds for SNAP.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... rs/361668/

So red states at the top, except Oregon, New Mexico, and red states at the bottom. So it balances out. Yeah that was helpful to the narrative, sure.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 am

Fife wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:
Fife wrote:

It's filed in CA state court.

Interesting stuff: https://www.scribd.com/document/3686894 ... from_embed
I bet that's even worse....
Oh, no doubt about the probable biases of the court.

Class-action stategery is a strange animal, though. Plus, on first pass, I see that this is a case brought under the CA state discrimination statutes, which prolly make the federal law look Rothbardian in comparison.

I don't know the CA laws, but I expect that the process is designed to enrich the fuck out of plaintiffs' counsel and shame the shit out of employers.

It should be fun to see straight male honkies cast as the abused plaintiffs, and SJW Inc. cast as the ebul defendant, for a change of pace -- for so long as it lasts.
Some TL;DR quick rundown on the Damore complaint:

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... ressivism/
‘Discourage them all throughout the industry’
“If we really care about diversity in tech, we don’t just need to chase serial offenders out of Google, we need to discourage them all throughout the industry,” a lengthy internal post on Damore read. “We should be willing to give a wink and a nod to other Silicon Valley employers over terminable offenses, not send the worst parts of tech packing with a smile …”

‘I will hurt you’
Damore’s memo prompted another employee to post this quote: “I’m a queer-ass nonbinary trans person that is fucking sick and tired of being told to open a dialogue with people who want me dead. We are at a point where the dialogue we need to be having with these people is ‘if you keep talking about this shit, i will hurt you.”

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:32 am

Fife wrote:
Fife wrote:
We are at a point where the dialogue we need to be having with these people is ‘if you keep talking about this shit, i will hurt you.”
Surely the employee that directly threaten physical violence against another employee was fired immediately?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:56 am

If you are considering a move, you may want to factor this in. Some of these states are going to be taxing everything they can, others in a good position aren't likely to raise taxes.

States With the Most Debt
1. New York - debt ratio of 273.8%
2. New Jersey - debt ratio is 441.7%
3. Illinois - debt ratio of 468.7%
4. Massachusetts - debt ratio of 305.5%
5. California- California’s debt total to over $1 trillion, debt ratio of 120.5%

States with the least debt
1. Texas - has the highest net position in the country of $115.08 billion
2. Florida - net position is $97.6 billion
3. Alaska - net position of $76.74 billion
4. North Carolina - net position is $54.41 billion
5. Tennessee - net position of $39.3 billion

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2021-06- ... ances-form
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:59 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:56 am
If you are considering a move, you may want to factor this in. Some of these states are going to be taxing everything they can, others in a good position aren't likely to raise taxes.

States With the Most Debt
1. New York - debt ratio of 273.8%
2. New Jersey - debt ratio is 441.7%
3. Illinois - debt ratio of 468.7%
4. Massachusetts - debt ratio of 305.5%
5. California- California’s debt total to over $1 trillion, debt ratio of 120.5%

States with the least debt
1. Texas - has the highest net position in the country of $115.08 billion
2. Florida - net position is $97.6 billion
3. Alaska - net position of $76.74 billion
4. North Carolina - net position is $54.41 billion
5. Tennessee - net position of $39.3 billion

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2021-06- ... ances-form
It's why I am moving out of Mass, you can't survive on that.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:08 am

clubgop wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:42 am
Kath wrote:This chart shows the % of state population using federal funds for SNAP.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... rs/361668/

So red states at the top, except Oregon, New Mexico, and red states at the bottom. So it balances out. Yeah that was helpful to the narrative, sure.
I know this is old, but looking at this now, SNAP and food stamps are two different things in Mass. SNAP is 110K in Mass, food stamps are 770k...
#NotOneRedCent

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:39 am

Fife wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 am
Fife wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:I bet that's even worse....

Class-action stategery is a strange animal, though. Plus, on first pass, I see that this is a case brought under the CA state discrimination statutes, which prolly make the federal law look Rothbardian in comparison.

I don't know the CA laws, but I expect that the process is designed to enrich the fuck out of plaintiffs' counsel and shame the shit out of employers.

It should be fun to see straight male honkies cast as the abused plaintiffs, and SJW Inc. cast as the ebul defendant, for a change of pace -- for so long as it lasts.

“If we really care about diversity in tech, we don’t just need to chase serial offenders out of Google, we need to discourage them all throughout the industry,” a lengthy internal post on Damore read. “We should be willing to give a wink and a nod to other Silicon Valley employers over terminable offenses, not send the worst parts of tech packing with a smile …”

‘I will hurt you’
Damore’s memo prompted another employee to post this quote: “I’m a queer-ass nonbinary trans person that is fucking sick and tired of being told to open a dialogue with people who want me dead. We are at a point where the dialogue we need to be having with these people is ‘if you keep talking about this shit, i will hurt you.”
What was the legacy of that mega-lawsuit anyway?

James Damore's diversity lawsuit against Google comes to quiet end
Google and the engineer it fired agreed to end their legal fight but didn't detail terms of the case's conclusion.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:50 am

Fife wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:39 am
Fife wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 am
Fife wrote:

‘I will hurt you’
What was the legacy of that mega-lawsuit anyway?

James Damore's diversity lawsuit against Google comes to quiet end
Google and the engineer it fired agreed to end their legal fight but didn't detail terms of the case's conclusion.
Is that the fancy way to say "Much hush money was paid, and much dirt swept beneath the carpet"?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:18 am

Si si Senor, Muchas Gracias is how they say it down on Damore's private island I believe.

I would wager that Google's non-disclosure agreement is made from the tightest substance in the known universe.