Current US Military

Smitty-48
Posts: 34380
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Current US Military

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:11 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:09 am
But all the Gospels were agreed upon by:
1) apostolic origin
2) theological correctness
3) authority of the church leaders
4) widespread appropriation of the churches

John is no exception.
but that was not decided at the Council of Nicea in 325 AD

the Council of Nicea was simply deciding for the Roman Emperor if Jesus was the Son of God, or not
Nec Aspera Terrent

User avatar
DBTrek
Posts: 12241
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Re: Current US Military

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:14 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:11 am
DBTrek wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:09 am
But all the Gospels were agreed upon by:
1) apostolic origin
2) theological correctness
3) authority of the church leaders
4) widespread appropriation of the churches

John is no exception.
but that was not decided at the Council of Nicea in 325 AD

the Council of Nicea was simply deciding for the Roman Emperor if Jesus was the Son of God, or not
Right
But if all four Gospels have Apostolic origin, theological correctness, and widespread appropriation of the churches - how do you point to one of the four and say "But not that one"?
It went through the same process as the other three.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48
Posts: 34380
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Current US Military

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:19 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:14 am

how do you point to one of the four and say "But not that one"?
my faith is not based on what the Church says, my faith is what I feel in my heart and think in my mind

there was another process that came later, called Protestantism, where some Christians went to war against the Church

and from that war, the American religion was born, and in America, you can choose what you believe, how & why, for yourself

New Jerusalem, Shining City on a Hill

Nec Aspera Terrent

User avatar
DBTrek
Posts: 12241
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Re: Current US Military

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:21 am

See, under the misconception of the Council of Nicea your theory makes sense - because some shadowy cabal of papists can shoehorn anything they want into the Bible, right? But as you've showed me, that's not how it happened. The Gospels grew organically from their Apostolic origins, and were widely accepted throughout Churches over time ... not dictated by a particular power or council. So it seems they'd all be equal, since there's no mechanism for any power to just "add one" at any point.

Edit: Wrote before I saw you last response. Alright, no worries.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48
Posts: 34380
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Current US Military

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:25 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:21 am
See, under the misconception of the Council of Nicea your theory makes sense - because some shadowy cabal of papists can shoehorn anything they want into the Bible, right? But as you've showed me, that's not how it happened. The Gospels grew organically from their Apostolic origins, and were widely accepted throughout Churches over time ... not dictated by a particular power or council. So it seems they'd all be equal, since there's no mechanism for any power to just "add one" at any point.

Edit: Wrote before I saw you last response. Alright, no worries.
but see how all the Churches are going Woke now

the Church is people searching for something

whereas faith is something inside of you, what you feel & think, regardless of what some priest says the Bible is about

what I feel & think is that Jesus is the story of every man, every man is divine, every man bears a cross, every man is a miracle unto himself
Nec Aspera Terrent

User avatar
DBTrek
Posts: 12241
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Re: Current US Military

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:26 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:25 am
but see how all the Churches are going Woke now

the Church is people searching for something

whereas faith is something inside of you, what you feel & think, regardless of what some priest says the Bible is about

what I feel & think is that Jesus is the story of every man, every man is divine, every man bears a cross, every man is a miracle unto himself
Hey, I'm a protestant as well.
It's between you and God, man.
Nobody in between.
:dance:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48
Posts: 34380
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Current US Military

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:30 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:26 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:25 am
but see how all the Churches are going Woke now

the Church is people searching for something

whereas faith is something inside of you, what you feel & think, regardless of what some priest says the Bible is about

what I feel & think is that Jesus is the story of every man, every man is divine, every man bears a cross, every man is a miracle unto himself
Hey, I'm a protestant as well.
It's between you and God, man.
Nobody in between.
:dance:
I feel that Protestant is not an end state

it's a process, a journey, the road to Calvary

Israel is those who struggle with God

that struggle is finding deeper meaning, beyond a book, beyond a church, miraculous things in life itself, soul making machines, every day a gift therein

literally ; Deus ex machina
Nec Aspera Terrent

User avatar
C-Mag
Posts: 24946
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Current US Military

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:19 am

26 US Spec Ops Soldiers defeated by one Ninja :lol:
the Ridgecrest Police Department log shows. A man “with a sword” was in a parking lot, and there was at least one victim, the log states.

About 30 minutes later came a second call via 911: “26 spec op military members doing training at the airport,” the log states. “Hunkered down in a hangar wondering where help is.”

The ninja fled and was arrested elsewhere, according to the document shared on social media.

It indicates that the soldiers were with F Co., 2nd Battalion, 160th SOAR, which had been tasked with support at Fort Irwin’s National Training Center.
https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/202 ... 76663.html

I hope they had time to contemplate White Rage
PLATA O PLOMO


Image


Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

User avatar
DBTrek
Posts: 12241
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Re: Current US Military

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:32 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:19 am
26 US Spec Ops Soldiers defeated by one Ninja :lol:
the Ridgecrest Police Department log shows. A man “with a sword” was in a parking lot, and there was at least one victim, the log states.

About 30 minutes later came a second call via 911: “26 spec op military members doing training at the airport,” the log states. “Hunkered down in a hangar wondering where help is.”

The ninja fled and was arrested elsewhere, according to the document shared on social media.

It indicates that the soldiers were with F Co., 2nd Battalion, 160th SOAR, which had been tasked with support at Fort Irwin’s National Training Center.
https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/202 ... 76663.html

I hope they had time to contemplate White Rage
Image
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

User avatar
SuburbanFarmer
Posts: 23278
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:50 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Current US Military

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:38 am

A hero emerges…

“Do you know who I am?” the ninja asked, to which the soldier replied no, according to the document.
“Do you know where my family is?” the black-clad man then asked. The staff sergeant again answered no.
“The person in ninja garb began to slash at (the soldier), striking his phone and his knee and leg,” the record states.
The staff sergeant took off running across the parking lot to escape the attacker, and then he jumped a fence and entered the administrative building, where he and the captain locked doors and called 911.
Meanwhile, the man dressed as a ninja was “kicking and punching doors and windows” before leaving to grab a large block of asphalt, which he heaved through the window of the administration building.
The captain was struck by the chunk of asphalt, said the document on social media.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0