Climate Denier Hard To Refute

C-Mag

Re: Climate Denier Hard To Refute

Post by C-Mag » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:21 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:51 am
That's what I showed ooky a few years ago to crickets. The Younger Dryass in particular resulted in epic climate change in a single lifetime that most of us could scarcely imagine.
Carbon Credit Scam
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:39 am

I ran across an interesting little parable from the 1890s about Muh Science this morning.

You Can't Legislate Physical Reality
In 1897, the Indiana state legislature introduced House Bill No. 246 — “A Bill for an act introducing a new mathematical truth and offered as a contribution to education to be used on by the State of Indiana free of cost of paying any royalties whatever on the same.”
. . .
The story of Goodwin’s “Quadrature of the Circle” should be little more than an amusing tale of whacky mathematics, but instead, it serves as one of the starkest reminders of legislative arrogance. The idea that legislators held was essentially that fiat law superseded scientific law, and only by the intervention of a mathematics professor did Indiana’s education system narrowly avoid throwing out millennia-old mathematical formulae in favor of the divinely-revealed fallacy of a country doctor.
Are you now, or have you ever been, a Climate Denier???

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:18 am

Interesting. I would have thought the area to be the same, given the same circumference... :think:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:30 am

Lololol

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:48 am

The World has a Pesky Habit of Not Ending :lol:
It's a great line, brings rhetoric back down to the ground. Not just about climate change, but everything.
To the disappointment of Ancient Mayans, the MeToo crowd, and Never Trumpers, the world has failed to end.

National Review Article
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/ ... ot-ending/
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:37 am

Wait, what?

WTF Trump

Corn Continues To Thrive In The Swamp
Last month, President Donald Trump directed the Environmental Protection Agency to allow the year-round sale of gasoline that contains 15 percent ethanol, or E15. The decision is a big win for politically connected corn farmers — and a big loss for American drivers and the environment.

. . .

Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, who personally lobbied Trump for the E15 order, was downright giddy after the announcement, saying “everything about this is good, good, good.” His counterpart Sen. Joni Ernst congratulated the president for “fulfilling his promise.”

In reality, this is one of the rare cases where President Trump is breaking his promise to voters. He pledged he would drain the swamp and put ordinary Americans ahead of special interests. But this new ethanol order does the opposite — it’s a lucrative government handout to politically connected agricultural firms. Drivers will pay the price.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:56 am

Fife wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:37 am
Wait, what?

WTF Trump

Corn Continues To Thrive In The Swamp

Yes....YES.....Goood....The Swamp is Strong with this one.....

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:59 am

From ABC News and the based Jasmine, Gloria, and Allie: Merry Christmas bitches! You're all dead.

The Marshall Islands: A nation that fears it's on the brink of extinction
The Marshall Islands, a tiny nation of islands and atolls located between Hawaii and Australia, are in a fight for survival.

In a battle between man and nature, officials say climate change is threatening the islands' existence. The most extreme predictions say that rising sea levels could make the nation uninhabitable as soon as 2030.

. . .

Charlotte Jack, one of the city’s residents, lives just steps from the water’s edge — her front yard is the ocean. At 16 years old, she has grown up feeling its fury made worse by unpredictable weather.
How corn farmers are adapting to climate change

“One day it could be like… just the perfect day,” she said. “Tomorrow it could be like pouring rain, and water is up high and it’s just scary.”

More than once, she said, she's been woken up by water flooding into her home.

. . .

“Time is very limited,” Jack said. “Sometimes I think that by the time I graduate and go get my education, try to come back and serve my island, there's no more island. There's no more nation. There’s no more culture. And I'm just there, stuck on the mainland, thinking, ‘What could I have done?’”

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:39 am

2030 Pfft

Al Gore had em battling smokers on the endless sea by 2010
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:21 am

SCIENCE! Dystopian Americans BTFO

‘So much sciencing’! Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez gives entire world an exact expiration date ‘if we don’t address climate change’
.@AOC on millennials and social media: "We’re, like, the world is going to end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change"