Brexit

Montegriffo

Re: Brexit

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:30 am

Downing Street – Boris Johnson bans word “Brexit” replaces it with “Jam head into rectum”

NOT SEEING IS BELIEVING : Boris Johnson is proving to be an innovative prime minister even while far away on a well earned holiday.

“Initially Mr Johnson planned to spend the weeks following his totally legitimate, honest victory on the back of completely plausible commitments and policy deadlines by touring the constituencies that switched to back his three word slogan,” a Downing Street insider reveals, “but happily cooler heads prevailed. There’s little point in talking to voters who back him. I mean, what the hell would they tell him? So instead he decided on a beach holiday so expensive it costs the annual earnings of a sizeable number of Labour to Tory switchers.”

But even while on holiday he hasn’t been idle?

“He’s texted Cummings at least twice to see if he’s completely outsourced the civil service and MOD yet? And he’s thought a lot about the importance of words.”

And the thinking is beating fruit?

“Yes, he’s banned the B word. This way no one will blame him by association when all the damage it promises occurs. He’s also banned ‘Acuri’, investigation, Russian interference and garden bridge. Although garden bridge may get unbanned when he decides on a legacy project. He’s also thinking about holding another GE before Labour finish their, um, period of reflection.”

He’s got a lot done for a man who is supposed to be chillaxing!

“I know, right! He’s going to ban ‘NHS’ too, so people can’t accuse him of flogging it off.”

But what’s he replaced ‘Brexit’ with, now he’s gone Orwellian and banned the word?

“Jam head into rectum,” the insider reassures, “where there was once just a word, now there’s a whole phrase!”

Amazing. I can picture the benefits of jamming my head into my rectum already.
https://www.lcdviews.com/2019/12/30/dow ... to-rectum/
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:35 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:24 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:01 am
StCapps wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:29 am
Then why do they need tariffs to keep the products out? If they won't buy them because of "lower standards", no need for tariffs. The tariffs are there because European consumers do want those products, it's just that other consumers want to take the choice away from them, because they are protectionist faggots.
It's not tariffs that keep certain foods out, it's regulations.
There's nothing stopping Brazillian chickens coming into Europe. If the US wants to sell chickens and chicken products it just has to up its game.
Or the US is doing a great job and Europe is using regulation as protectionism, because it's really their products that are inferior and because their products have to be in line with ridiculous overregulation, they can't compete with American products. Doing it via regulation is even worse, that is taking the choice away from even those willing to pay a huge markup due to tariffs, I mean they are so scared of competition they won't even allow anyone to buy it at a huge markup, talk about a clear sign of weakness.

You seem to think there is a good reason for all the regulations, but that is just you having too much faith in government competence, as usual. The EU has high standard to keep out competition, it has nothing to do with safety, there is nothing wrong with the American standard, certainly not to the point where they need to shut out of the market completely.
Sure, regulations bad, government evil and tariffs unfair (unless it is the hairgod applying them).
I look forward to you joining Fife in Somalia. I might even chip in for your fare.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:35 am
StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:01 am

It's not tariffs that keep certain foods out, it's regulations.
There's nothing stopping Brazillian chickens coming into Europe. If the US wants to sell chickens and chicken products it just has to up its game.
Or the US is doing a great job and Europe is using regulation as protectionism, because it's really their products that are inferior and because their products have to be in line with ridiculous overregulation, they can't compete with American products. Doing it via regulation is even worse, that is taking the choice away from even those willing to pay a huge markup due to tariffs, I mean they are so scared of competition they won't even allow anyone to buy it at a huge markup, talk about a clear sign of weakness.

You seem to think there is a good reason for all the regulations, but that is just you having too much faith in government competence, as usual. The EU has high standard to keep out competition, it has nothing to do with safety, there is nothing wrong with the American standard, certainly not to the point where they need to shut out of the market completely.
Sure, regulations bad, government evil and tariffs unfair (unless it is the hairgod applying them).
I look forward to you joining Fife in Somalia. I might even chip in for your fare.
Sure, all regulation is good, government does no wrong, tariffs on America are the greatest. You seem to think American food quality is on par with China or some shit, get a fucking grip.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:45 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:38 am
Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Sure, all regulation is good, government does no wrong, tariffs on America are the greatest. You seem to think American food quality is on par with China or some shit, get a fucking grip.
Not my position and you know it.
I criticise government policy all the time and regulations are only good when they are good regulations. World-leading environmental, workers' rights and food standards for example.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:46 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:45 am
StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

I criticise government policy all the time and regulations are only good when they are good regulations. World-leading environmental, workers' rights and food standards for example.
Those are bad regulations. They punish good products for silly virtue signalling to no effect, they were designed to keep out competition, not to be good regulation. The EU way overdoes it on all those regulations. Claiming American standards are so low that many of their products need to kept out of Europe is fucking asinine, that's the dictionary definition of bad regulation.

America overdoes the shit out of environmental, workers' rights and food standards as it is, and that's not good enough? That's fucking Closet Communism Monte, whether you're too stupid to realize it or not. Your love of the EU blinds you to reality, you might criticize American government policy, but you hardly ever criticize the EU, you're always sucking it's cock and defending it from perfectly legitimate criticism when it's clearly in the wrong.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:01 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:46 am
Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Those are bad regulations. They punish good products for silly virtue signalling to no effect, they were designed to keep out competition, not to be good regulation. The EU way overdoes it on all those regulations. Claiming American standards are so low that many of their products need to kept out of Europe is fucking asinine, that's the dictionary definition of bad regulation.

America overdoes the shit out environmental, workers' rights and food standards as it is, and that's not good enough? That's fucking Closet Communism Monte, whether you're too stupid to realize it or not.
Yet Europe has reduced CO2 output by 23% since 1990 while the US has remained the same.
Europeans get a minimum of 4 weeks paid annual leave, statutory sick pay and work breaks while Americans get ''our way or the highway''.
Europeans get high standards of food handling and strict controls on what is in their food while Americans get bleached chickens, growth hormones in their beef and acceptable levels of rat shit in their fruit juice.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:06 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:01 am
StCapps wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:46 am
Montegriffo wrote:

America overdoes the shit out environmental, workers' rights and food standards as it is, and that's not good enough? That's fucking Closet Communism Monte, whether you're too stupid to realize it or not.
Yet Europe has reduced CO2 output by 23% since 1990 while the US has remained the same.
Europeans get a minimum of 4 weeks paid annual leave, statutory sick pay and work breaks while Americans get ''our way or the highway''.
Europeans get high standards of food handling and strict controls on what is in their food while Americans get bleached chickens, growth hormones in their beef and acceptable levels of rat shit in their fruit juice.
America has reduced it's C02 output more lately than Europe has. Americans not taking as many paid vacations or sick days is not a good reason to keep out American products, nor is your idiotic demonization of american food standards. These regulations are blatant protectionism because the EU doesn't want to compete with countries that don't overregulate themselves as much as the EU idiotically chooses to do.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:38 am

Fuckin’ elitism at its worst.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:51 pm

"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."