Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by C-Mag » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:57 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:32 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:29 pm
The Official Rankings of best to worst Star Trek Captains

1. James T Kirk
2. Benjamin Sisko - he only ranks 2nd because without Kirk there is no ST franchise
3. James T Kirk by Chris Pine, great job making the legendary roll his own
4. Jean Luc Picard - He was OK, middle of the road
5. Johnny Archer - Really not much there, he didn't degrade the roll too much, but didn't do much either
6. Kathryn Janeway - Forgetable, like basically her entire crew, the writing of the show was poor, the most memorable characters were a Holographic Doctor who really stole the show, and strictly eye candy 7 of 9.
Picard
Kirk
Archer
Janeway
Sisko
Gay teen angst action hero Kirk
Please give some reason for your rankings.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:25 am

C-Mag wrote:

1. James T Kirk
2. Benjamin Sisko - he only ranks 2nd because without Kirk there is no ST franchise
5. Johnny Archer - Really not much there, he didn't degrade the roll too much, but didn't do much either
6. Kathryn Janeway - Forgetable, like basically her entire crew, the writing of the show was poor, the most memorable characters were a Holographic Doctor who really stole the show, and strictly eye candy 7 of 9.
1. Captain Archer

Fuck your list.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:19 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:57 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:32 pm
C-Mag wrote:

1. James T Kirk
Picard
Kirk
Archer
Janeway
Sisko
Gay teen angst action hero Kirk
Please give some reason for your rankings.
I hate the “new Trek” too much to pay attention to Pines acting.

Sisko is a very very weird actor. I think he has mental issues.

Archer was pretty damn good IMO. That show rocked.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:31 am

Obviously Star Trek is a ridiculous space fantasy disguised as science fiction. But just on their own relative merits between shows, nobody can seriously argue against the fact that Archer was technically the better character. Archer had more depth and complexity, and actually evolved throughout the seasons. The guy literally starts as a famous engineer captaining a ship designed only for exploration into a true military leader fighting a war, with all the changes therein.

All the other captains were just static placeholders so that the writers could push their political and social agendas.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:50 am

:lol:

https://quillette.com/2018/12/13/i-now- ... dela-felt/
The permanent suspension only lasted for a day, but the experience was traumatic and lasting. I now understand how Nelson Mandela felt. If anything, my ordeal was even more damaging. Mandela may have had to endure 27 years of incarceration, but at least his male privilege protected him from ever having to put up with mansplaining, or being subject to wolf-whistling by grubby proles on a building site.
Well played @TitaniaMcGrath

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:26 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:50 am

The permanent suspension only lasted for a day, but the experience was traumatic and lasting. I now understand how Nelson Mandela felt. If anything, my ordeal was even more damaging. Mandela may have had to endure 27 years of incarceration, but at least his male privilege protected him from ever having to put up with mansplaining, or being subject to wolf-whistling by grubby proles on a building site.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don’t get me wrong. I have always supported censorship. Major social media platforms have a responsibility to ensure that we are expressing the correct sort of free speech.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:43 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:50 am

She opened with this:
My name is Titania McGrath. I am a radical intersectionalist poet committed to feminism, social justice, and armed peaceful protest. In April of this year, I decided to become more industrious on social media. I was inspired by other activists who had made use of their online platforms in order to spread their message and explain to people why they are wrong about everything.
That plus her profile pic right next to this is enough to send any sane person running away from her. She looks crazy in that picture.

Edit: After reading the rest of that I have a hard time believing this is real. It's like she created this fake persona that came out of the worst paranoid dreams of an Alex Jones.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:49 am

The one that stuck out to me there was "armed peaceful protest". :think:

It's obviously satire, especially considering its Quilette which is very anti-PC/SJW.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:53 am

Based on the comments this appears to be some sort of satire/comedy routine for her. She's not doing her beliefs any good if she really believes half of what she writes. For those taking it all seriously she justifies everything the far right says about the far left. For those saying "HAHA, this is all satire" it just makes the rest of us not trust anyone else who sounds anything like this.

I never heard of the site. Just respond on the fly as I take it in. So basically it's much ado about nothing. With all the truly crazy shit out there it's hard to differentiate the real crazy from the satire.
Last edited by PartyOf5 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:54 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:31 am
Obviously Star Trek is a ridiculous space fantasy disguised as science fiction. But just on their own relative merits between shows, nobody can seriously argue against the fact that Archer was technically the better character. Archer had more depth and complexity, and actually evolved throughout the seasons. The guy literally starts as a famous engineer captaining a ship designed only for exploration into a true military leader fighting a war, with all the changes therein.

All the other captains were just static placeholders so that the writers could push their political and social agendas.
You never watched TNG. Just admit it now.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0