The internet takeover thread

Okeefenokee

Re: The internet takeover thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:09 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:16 am
Dang, Monte rises up and lays a smack down. Trumpsters are in confused disorder.
You are retarded.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:16 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:02 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:33 am

Oh yeah, I particularly liked how Alex Jones is ISIS :roll:
I didn't say that.
Yes, you equated Alex Jones with ISIS here ya go.
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:27 am
Alex Jones hasn't been banned from the internet he's had content removed from private companies.
Presumably you accept it when Facebook removes ISIS recruitment videos without crying "freedom of speech".
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:25 am

Yup, I was pointing out your hypocrisy over removing dangerous content.
Alex Jones' Pizzagate conspiracy led directly to a man shooting up a pizza restaurant and his Sandy Hook fabrication led directly to the father of a victim being threatened and abused.
Now tell me how Infowars is not a danger to the public.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:31 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:25 am
Yup, I was pointing out your hypocrisy over removing dangerous content.
Alex Jones' Pizzagate conspiracy led directly to a man shooting up a pizza restaurant and his Sandy Hook fabrication led directly to the father of a victim being threatened and abused.
Now tell me how Infowars is not a danger to the public.
Fuck off asshole.

CNN is directly responsible for hundreds of Trump supporters being attacked on the street.

Maxine Waters repeatedly calls for harassment of Trump supporters.

CNN harassed a woman at her home on national television and accused her of working for Russia.

Take your sanctimonious act somewhere else. You don't give a shit about harassment. You don't give a shit about violence.

You're nothing but a sack of shit liar looking for anyway you can to support the authoritarian methods you love to see used against free people.

Fuck off.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:38 am

Now there's the level of interlectual debate that has reduced this site to a handful of regular posters.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:45 am

Let me point this out in case others aren't picking up on it.

This liar came in here arguing that this unpersoning is okay because it came from private companies, and not the government.

The implication being that if it had been done by the government, he would agree that it's wrong.

That's a fucking lie.

He would support it.

He's stated countless times that he supports authoritarian control by government over people, including their speech.

Don't let this liar gaslight you.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 am

In fact, the thirst of the average fan of censorship for a state credential is unquenchable.

Zealots simply will not tolerate dissent. Tolerance is off the table for a zealot, and publicly-displayed hypocrisy is a small price to pay for the big stick of the state as a tool in smashing dissent.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:07 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 am
In fact, the thirst of the average fan of censorship for a state credential is unquenchable.

Zealots simply will not tolerate dissent. Tolerance is off the table for a zealot, and publicly-displayed hypocrisy is a small price to pay for the big stick of the state as a tool in smashing dissent.
+1

IMO, the establishment realizes that Internet Freedom of Speech was a YUGE key to the Trump victory, and they want to sew up that loose end. They are making moves to do that. They are putting their people in key positions in new media to ensure that happens. The Obama's at Netflix is one example.

This is no different from the Ross Perot scare of '92, they quickly responded by sewing up the chance of a 3rd Party candidate getting into power. Same, same here.

Europeans are descended from Centuries of kneeling before Monarchs. I can't really expect them to really fully embrace Civil Liberties like Americans who threw off that level of control. That's why it's logical for many of them to embrace censorship. But that's not the future.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:07 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:38 am
Now there's the level of interlectual debate that has reduced this site to a handful of regular posters.
Dude, he really does have a point here. If your argument is that InfoWars should be censored from social media because their coverage of so-called PizzaGate resulted in some loon showing up to that weird degenerate's pizza restaurant with a rifle, then so too should you argue that CNN and other MSM outlets ought to be censored from social media for their MUCH GREATER and deliberate incitements of political violence. If you are being intellectual honest about it, anyway.

I agree that InfoWars has said some horrendous things in the past. But that doesn't give you the right to censor them. Once you go down the road to deciding that InfoWars should be censored, then there is no stopping that train. It will spread everywhere.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:18 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:45 am
Let me point this out in case others aren't picking up on it.

This liar came in here arguing that this unpersoning is okay because it came from private companies, and not the government.

The implication being that if it had been done by the government, he would agree that it's wrong.

That's a fucking lie.

He would support it.

He's stated countless times that he supports authoritarian control by government over people, including their speech.

Don't let this liar gaslight you.
I am consistent in wanting hate preachers marginalized and their content removed from public domain. I don't care which extreme they come from.
Left, right, Muslim, Catholic, black, white or from Venus I don't care. There is no place for hate speech in civilised society.