Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by MilSpecs » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:40 pm

BjornP wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:56 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:30 am
BjornP wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:55 am

To me, as a Dane, "white" as an ethnicity would be completely fake and foreign as a Dane in Denmark. Doesn't mean it is for Americans in America. Or that it needs to be. I'm not a universalist.

There are historical-cultural-geographical reasons for why that way of grouping yourselves and identifying yourselves either make sense or developed that way. I am not, nor will I ever be ethnically white. Racially? Sure, biologically I have the genes I have and the face I have, which is white. But ethnicity is culture, and my culture is not connected to identifying with a skin color or race because there was no historical need for that - we didn't have black slaves staying and living in Denmark. They did not become part of society like they did in North America and the Carribean, most people never ever saw a slave. That's not a "better vs worse" thing, it's just a difference between your culture and history and most of Europe's.

Since white Americans are a mix of so many, often historically in conflict, European ethnicities and cultures, you're white, just like American blacks aren't Mandé, or Hausa, or Kongolese, or whatever, anymore. They, and you, became something new.
There's no such thing as ethnically white in the US either. The people who claim such a thing either don't know where their people came from (and that's fairly common here in some areas) or haven't been here long enough to be ethnic Americans so they can't call themselves that, or both. What's really silly is that a lot of people who call for a white America have been here for a much shorter period of time than most black Americans and thus have no standing to call for anything. Their families weren't first Americans (here in 1776) and certainly weren't colonists. They're laying claim to someone else's history because we let them, and that's because it's a longstanding American tradition that all Americans can lay claim to the accomplishments of the first Americans and colonists. For example, everyone celebrates Thanksgiving although there are only around 10 million Americans for whom it's an actual family tradition. We all lay claim to the Revolution although only a fraction of Americans are descended from combatants. It's time to start reminding the white nationalists that the majority of them are here because we let them in, just like all the other immigrants.
Do most Americans when asked about their ethnicity (not race) - if they care at all - say they're "ethnically American"? From a cultural perspective, and from the perspective that it is culture (and one's culture's history) that forms one's ethnic identity, it does makes more sense to call yourselves ethnically American, especially for those of you with multiple European (and/or Asian, African and Native American ancestry) ethnicities all mixed up in your family tree.
It's very much linked to geography when it comes to European based ethnic identity. Ask someone in the south and you may hear "American" and get a strange look. Their identity is more about being southern and they're not ethnically diverse for the most part. The northeast and parts of the midwest have more recent immigration and have retained some ethnic identity. There's a joke: ask a white guy what he is and youll get an equation. Thats very true in the northeast where the majority of people came over in the last 100+ years and where there were ethnic enclaves, and then people from different enclaves started marrying. You can see it here - not much ethnicity comes through except from the northeasterners, and it's often in a form that's not recognizable to modern Europeans.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:48 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:38 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:58 pm
That makes me feel super safe in case of an emergency. Great idea.

The Clown Empire does amuse, however.
Is she capable of doing the job?
Probably not, dude.

Capable of handing out sodas and peanuts. Sure. Capable of handling an emergency condition? Nah.

In general, I am all for businesses helping out people with Downs Syndrome like this. But not where human life is at stake. Bad idea.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:05 pm

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:13 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:19 pm
Why are today's liberals so hung up on race and ethnicity? We were told endlessly by the prior generation of liberals to be color blind. My guess is they now want race and ethnicity in order to claim victim status and get preferred treatment. Being equal isn't enough anymore. Now it's about stomping on the back of someone else in order to get higher up.
Exactly

This is the way I grew up, and is why I’m an enemy of today’s left

MLK would be called a Nazi in today’s leftist thought
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:34 pm

Turns out MLK was a piece of shit and a fraud. But okay.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Nazi.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:18 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:11 pm
Nazi.
We already know you are a leftist. No need to constantly confirm that for us.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:53 am

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:34 pm
Haven't looked into it but besides the alledged adultry what else he do?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:00 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:53 am
Haven't looked into it but besides the alledged adultry what else he do?

They just released a recording of him laughing while his friend raped a parishioner.

Then most of his dissertation was plagiarized.

Everything used to create this civic nationalist clown world turned out to be fake news.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:15 am

Old MLK like to LARP...……………….. Live Action Rape Pedo
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience