Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:23 am

TheOneX wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:16 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:14 am
TheOneX wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:13 am

What is the difference between something being a pandemic versus something being endemic?
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... s+pandemic
Don't link me, you explain the difference. Don't claim people don't know the difference if you cannot state the difference without doing a Google search.
Bravo
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:25 am

Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:04 am
Hastur wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:31 am
You can't eradicate a virus that has an animal reservoir. Are you going to double vax and quadruple boost all the white-tailed deer and all other animals that can get Covid in the US?

This virus is endemic and will remain so. Pray for mild variants from now on.
(1) It's not endemic. You don't know what that word means. We are still deep in the pandemic stage. People need to stop using words they don't understand just because politically they want for this to be over when it simply is not over.

(2) Having animal reservoirs makes it more difficult. Saying we should live like fucking barbarians because something is too difficult -- to me anyway -- sounds embarrassingly ignorant. We can ignore stupid or ideological (delusional) people and start working on various technologies to eradicate the virus. Its quite amazing to me that a significant portion of the western right has embraced a virus as their cause celebre. Plague enthusiasm, at best, is the madness that happened to weak minds by the second year of the pandemic; at worst it's a death cult. There is nothing controversial about looking for a cure to the disease. I mean.. Listen to yourselves right now. You are on the side of a deadly virus. Jesus Christ this place has gotten fucking nuts.

Ya'll motherfuckers need Jesus, for real. Wishing to perpetuate a deadly pandemic upon humanity forever because.. I dunno.. Trump lost or whatever.. that's just hateful deep down. I think most of you don't want it to end. You are emotionally invested in defending a fucking pandemic. This isn't about any particular solution. You literally defend keeping the pandemic going.
You’re strawmanning an entire forum right now. Impressive to see the effects of mind control up close.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:26 am

He thinks there’s a difference b/c he’s wishing Corona virus (the Common Cold) will be totally eradicated like smallpox

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:29 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:26 am
He thinks there’s a difference b/c he’s wishing Corona virus (the Common Cold) will be totally eradicated like smallpox
I'm still waiting for my questions to be answered... never will happen though. He is bullshitting us and people are eating it up. he has constant posting diarrhea... and will as long as people are willing to listen and tolerate his bullshit.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:29 am

TheOneX wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:14 am
TheOneX wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:13 am

What is the difference between something being a pandemic versus something being endemic?
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... s+pandemic
Don't link me, you explain the difference. Don't claim people don't know the difference if you cannot state the difference without doing a Google search.
It's the rate of spread and the predictability of cases each year; i.e. you wouldn't have a surprise +300 fatalities in the past four months if this were "endemic".

It's not just one virus any longer.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:30 am

Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:29 am
TheOneX wrote:
It's the rate of spread and the predictability of cases each year; i.e. you wouldn't have a surprise +300 fatalities in the past four months if this were "endemic".

In the US, you are talking death tolls no worse than any major disease or man-made cause like shootings... or cancer.
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:32 am

Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:29 am
TheOneX wrote:

Dude, that’s not even correct.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:34 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:26 am

I am talking about sars-cov-2, not the coronaviruses that cause the common cold. Do you know there is a difference between these two kinds of viruses?

Can you guys be straight up with me here? Are you all Q Anon now? This place is really fucking weird now. Some of you have become kind of nuts. I realize you will get angry and call me stupid, yada yada, but I am telling you from a place of the tiniest bit a compassion that I detect some severe radicalization and social marginalization here, like what you'd expect from Q Anon folks.

Like Humana used to be this really friendly guy from Hawaii, but now he seems very angry, like that 10-15 year period you'd expect after a divorce or something. But then there are these constant references to conspiracy theories one would associate with lunatics like Q Anon.

I see Carlus posting straight-up Russian propaganda. That's really weird.

What is going on here? Seriously. Give me the straight dope. Are you guys Q Anon or some kind of insurrectionist group now?

Aside from that, you guys are all really, really angry people. And you are angry about things that don't even matter, like vaccines. Who cares? If you don't want one, then don't get it. I got my 5G booster last Nov.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:36 am

By StA's own lack of thought process, then I guess Cancer is a pandemic...

602,350 people in the US died of cancer last year...

https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/researc ... /index.htm
Cancer was the second leading cause of death, after heart disease, in the United States in 2020. In 2020, there were 602,350 cancer deaths; 284,619 were among females and 317,731 among males.
Oh, wait... heart disease is greater, so that must be a pandemic now too... 1.2 million people died of cancer and heart disease!

NOOOO!!! We are surrounded by pandemics, how are we ever going to get back to normal!
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:38 am

Dude, stop.

You have good posting skills, decide what you’re doing here: exchanging ideas with like-minded people, or making enemies for no reason?

You don’t have to agree, you just have to be entertaining: see Smitty