Social Justice Warriors Thread

TheReal_ND

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:17 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:11 pm
Agreed, and if you opt out, you forgo it further in the future. Why would you want your children to be around to witness the death of civilization?
Because we are facing narrative collapse and what comes after could be better. A strong family and ethnic community is what tptb fear the most, for good reason.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:25 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:11 pm
Agreed, and if you opt out, you forgo it further in the future. Why would you want your children to be around to witness the death of civilization?
Don't fear the battle.
Embrace the struggle.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:30 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:26 pm
Nah, a person who has never played football is not better than the worst player. To not play the game isn't the winning move.

Its not about winning. To me its about pain minimization. The object isn't to win the game, because by default, at least imo the game is rigged. If the stakes are infinite in the afterlife, then I am far more worried about avoiding infinite pain than I am gaining infinite pleasure. If there was a .00000000001% chance I'd go to hell by being born, I still wouldn't take those odds, because it doesn't matter what number you multiply infinity by, you still get infinity. I spend at least an hour a day worrying about this shit, probably more and I've never talked to anyone who has a good answer. Hell, I have asked more than one preacher about what percentage of people on Earth get into heaven, and what percentage go to hell (a rough ballpark figure) and none were comfortable giving answers. I am no theologian, but from what I've read in the Bible, it seems like Jesus discusses the wide easy path, and the narrow simple path, which leads me to think that he taught that most take the easy route and go to hell, because the heavenly path is hard to ascend on Earth. So just by the numbers alone, in all likelihood, I am going to hell, as will any offspring I have. Why chance it? I view this whole thing like Pascal's Wager. It also begs the question, if most people are going to hell anyway, what is the point of having 9 billion people on this miserable prison camp planet? If most are hellbound on this Earth, should they really have 10 kids apiece?
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:39 pm

I'm probably going to hell. Big whoop.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:49 pm

Fuck pain minimization.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:29 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:22 pm
I don't have any power, and even if I did, I couldn't even heal a small part of our sick world.
Only you can heal the part of the world within your reach. Your power is not only infinite but unique. Right now, in the place you are, you are the hope.

This is not meant as a platitude or as solace. It is observation and experience. The ripple effect is real. We only get to choose which pond.
:royalty-queen:

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:57 pm

It's simple really the Greeks already figured out some ways to the good life and yes Epicurean and Cynical views can be a way out if you will. Minimize pain by living carefully and reckless pain avoideness. Chose friends wisely and live without luxury and you'll be on your way to possibly living a happish life. There are of course a few other worthy and good ways as well.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:35 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:19 pm
California wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:07 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:16 am

For years.

I don't measure our progress by the percentage of us who go for yet another low paying job. We could stay waitresses and receptionists if the point is to stay down. We need to rise up.

There was a movement for a long time to get full time SAHMs more respect, which would have moved a lot more women towards equality. The result was a backlash towards job security for those women. This board is constantly railing against women receiving any share of family pay for their job.
That's because its not a job

The way my schedule works I'm a SAHD every Wednesday and Thursday, as well as the times I use my vacation to be a SAHD when my wife has work trips she has to travel for. I'll take that ANY day over actually going to work, and that's coming from someone who has a well-paying, easy job that he actually likes.

Especially now that both kids are in school? Please.
If you stayed home to raise the kids until they went to school, you’d be unlikely to ever get to where you would have been if you hadn’t given up your career. And with little kids it’s much easier to go to work.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:38 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:29 pm
heydaralon wrote:
I don't have any power, and even if I did, I couldn't even heal a small part of our sick world.
Only you can heal the part of the world within your reach. Your power is not only infinite but unique. Right now, in the place you are, you are the hope.

This is not meant as a platitude or as solace. It is observation and experience. The ripple effect is real. We only get to choose which pond.
100% true

Free will is real, and there is no predetermined path. I can't believe that over thousands of years of Western Civilization the predeterminism is always there fighting those who believe they choose their own, unique path

Calvinism is fucking retarded
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:15 am

California wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:38 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:29 pm
heydaralon wrote:

100% true

Free will is real, and there is no predetermined path. I can't believe that over thousands of years of Western Civilization the predeterminism is always there fighting those who believe they choose their own, unique path

Calvinism is fucking retarded
Its always based on how only they are the predetermined in crowd.
The fewer get in with you, the cooler your club.