Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Okeefenokee

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:02 pm

While the homicide rate inevitably varies in a small country year by year, Sweden appears to have transformed from one of the lower-crime countries in Western Europe to above average. We cannot say for certain how much immigration contributes to violent crime in Sweden. The numbers are collected by statistical agencies in Sweden, but they have not been reported since 2005 because of the informal taboo on linking immigration to crime.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:02 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:52 pm
Otern wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:04 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:40 pm
The UK handgun ban was not intended to reduce overall crime. It was intended to eliminate mass shootings, which it has done very successfully.
If we are to reduce gang violence then a halt to Police cutbacks will have the greatest effect.
Rising gang violence has gone hand in hand with a reduction in police manpower.
The Tories have abandoned their love of law and order to pursue a policy of austerity.
I'm talking about the general gun laws and knife laws that came in the nineties, not the ones inspired by mass shootings. The bans didn't lower the crime rate, as the crime rate was already low.

Also, you didn't completely eliminate mass shootings. As one happened after all your gun laws were in place some years ago.
One mass shooting in 22 years, I call that successful. Compare that with countries which consider gun ownership a right instead of a privilege.
Excellent news... Hitler lowered the incidence of mass shootings at his camps with gas chambers. Mass death by guns came way down! Mass killings with trucks of peace, gas chambers, homemade bombs, etc... Those are far better than gun deaths. :roll:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:05 pm

Anti-immigrant parties have long linked Muslim immigration to crime, but verifiable data to support their arguments have been scarce, not least because police services and statistical agencies have been reluctant to track this aspect of criminality so as not to increase tension in societies. That makes a newly published German study an important reference point. It's one of the first attempts to measure the effect the refugee wave of 2015 and 2016 has had on violent crime in Germany, and while it can be construed to support parts of the anti-immigrant agenda, it also suggests reasonable policies to mitigate the problems.

Conducted by Christian Pfeiffer, Dirk Baier and Soeren Kliem of the Zurich University of Applied Sciences, the government-commissioned study uses material from Germany's fourth-most-populous state, Lower Saxony, home to Volkswagen. About 750,000 of its 8 million residents don't have German citizenship, and, according to official data for the end of 2016, about 170,000 of them had applied for asylum. That's also the fourth-highest number in Germany. The researchers asked for data that specifically concerned asylum applicants, both successful and unsuccessful, who had arrived in 2015 and 2016. The state police -- in keeping with the unspoken taboo -- hadn't published such statistics, but they obliged the research team. It turned out the asylum seekers had reversed the decreasing violent crime trend in Lower Saxony. While such crime went down by 21.9 percent between 2007 and 2014, it was up again by 10.4 percent by the end of 2016. Some 83 percent of the cases were solved -- and 92.1 percent of the increase was attributable to the newcomers.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... ugee-crime
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:34 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:02 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:52 pm
Otern wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:04 pm

I'm talking about the general gun laws and knife laws that came in the nineties, not the ones inspired by mass shootings. The bans didn't lower the crime rate, as the crime rate was already low.

Also, you didn't completely eliminate mass shootings. As one happened after all your gun laws were in place some years ago.
One mass shooting in 22 years, I call that successful. Compare that with countries which consider gun ownership a right instead of a privilege.
Excellent news... Hitler lowered the incidence of mass shootings at his camps with gas chambers. Mass death by guns came way down! Mass killings with trucks of peace, gas chambers, homemade bombs, etc... Those are far better than gun deaths. :roll:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:35 pm

I guess DB was right about not getting a response on that whole immigrant crime issue.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:37 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:35 pm
I guess DB was right about not getting a response on that whole immigrant crime issue.
You knew I was right, you just let your optimism get ahead of your experience.
;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:40 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:01 pm

I see you lured Okee into showing more evidence than you’ve ever presented for your own views.
Okee said something of value? Huh... never would have guessed. I haven't intentionally read anything he's posted in weeks. I love iggy.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Wait, you're implying that inviting mass murderers/rapists into your country is a bad idea?
We don't report those statistics anymore. Quit being xenophobic and racist.

Your comment might get you arrested in the UK. Hail "freedom".

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:40 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:01 pm

I see you lured Okee into showing more evidence than you’ve ever presented for your own views.
Okee said something of value? Huh... never would have guessed. I haven't intentionally read anything he's posted in weeks. I love iggy.
Chicken shit.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:49 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:44 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Wait, you're implying that inviting mass murderers/rapists into your country is a bad idea?
We don't report those statistics anymore. Quit being xenophobic and racist.

Your comment might get you arrested in the UK. Hail "freedom".
Merkel allowed a crime study to be conducted, and allowed them to use government crime stats that pointed to immigrants, and allowed the study to be published, and admitted that no go zones exist.

On the one hand, she's fucking responsible for the whole mess, but it looks like she's got more balls than any of the other cucks over there to be open about what she's doing.