Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Speaker to Animals

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 06, 2018 9:59 am

I do love it when a pothead fervently explains how weapons control is going to stop criminals from breaking the law. There might be a correlation in there somewhere.

If only we made it illegal to carry a knife, those criminals would stop stabbing people to death..

:whistle:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 06, 2018 10:01 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: If your law was aimed at convicted felons, that would be a step in the right direction. But it’s not, is it. It’s aimed at you.
I've no idea why you are coming to that conclusion.
I have never been stopped and searched by the police.
This legislation is aimed at the types of people actually commiting knife crimes which is not middle aged chefs living in rural Suffolk. This is your hoodie wearing inner city wanabe gangsters that are targeted.
When it comes to law and order I'm pretty Thatcherite. I certainly don't have the same hatred/fear of the police as a lot of the board seems to have. Cops not having guns helps I'm sure.
So you’re ok with hoodies being implicitly illegal? Cops should stop and search based on their feelz?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 06, 2018 10:03 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I do love it when a pothead fervently explains how weapons control is going to stop criminals from breaking the law. There might be a correlation in there somewhere.

If only we made it illegal to carry a knife, those criminals would stop stabbing people to death..

:whistle:
Well, we could try letting them all have guns.
How's that working out for your inner cities?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun May 06, 2018 10:09 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Taking armed criminals off the streets.
Bad government, bad. Must wait until someone gets stabbed.
If they're acting threatening, and if the tool in question leaves no doubt as to the intented use of it as a weapon, sure, detain him on the street. Question him, make sure he's not a threat. If he has intent to harm someone else, simply knowing that the police have seen him before he carried out any planned crime is going to discourage him in most cases.

It's the "intent to hurt someone" he should be charged with (up to a jury or judge to decide the intent). The ..."with a potato peeler" part should not be relevant, since potato peelers are about as much a weapon as your own teeth are, I'm sure you can do some damage with a peeler, but stab someone to death with it? :| If he's carrying some big kitchen knife around in the street... yeah, ok, he's probably not off to chop carrots, but that's why discrimination isn't just useful in policing... it's neccesary.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 06, 2018 10:17 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: This is your hoodie wearing inner city wanabe gangsters that are targeted.
So you’re ok with hoodies being implicitly illegal? Cops should stop and search based on their feelz?
You're kinda sidestepping the point there buddy.
Sorry to go back to the actual case in point again but this was a known criminal who was on bail awaiting court on another charge. That is exactly the sort of person the cops should be searching.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun May 06, 2018 10:22 am

Serfs.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 06, 2018 11:11 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: This is your hoodie wearing inner city wanabe gangsters that are targeted.
Sorry to go back to the actual case in point again but this was a known criminal who was on bail awaiting court on another charge. That is exactly the sort of person the cops should be searching.
I’m not interested in the case. I’m deeply concerned with the law and future enforcement measures. You simply cannot ignore where this road leads.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun May 06, 2018 11:30 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 06, 2018 11:56 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I’m not interested in the case. I’m deeply concerned with the law and future enforcement measures. You simply cannot ignore where this road leads.
Well if you can find any examples of this law being abused then we can discuss those cases. This case however does not qualify as overreach no matter how much Breitbart wants us to think that.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 06, 2018 11:57 am

Prohibiting law-abiding citizens from carrying a fucking pocket knife is an abuse in and of itself. It's tyrannical, Monty. Even peasants were allowed to carry knives.