Social Justice Warriors Thread

Martin Hash

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:09 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:01 pm
Honestly I loathe coming here, but it is so easy and convenient and I get to throw down intellectually with someone just for the asking. If it weren't so convenient, I'd be long gone, getting my fix at drunk philosophy in Seattle every other Saturday.

*sigh*

The palatability of this place barely passes the minimum requirements. This place is the ramen noodles of intellectual conversation. I'm not going to die because at least I get something to eat, always feel like shit afterwards though. If you'd just delete me I'd stop being so lazy.
That's a pretty good description of this place. Every time I go out into the Internet world, the banality, narcissim and stupidity drive me back here.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:11 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:06 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:00 pm
I am just throwing this out there..

Just play off the losing the election thing. Say you want to figure out what Washingtonians really want. Take up city and volunteer jobs all over the district to find out what people are up to, how they live and work, and what their concerns are. Make that into a YouTube channel.

That's what I would do if I didn't hate seeing myself on camera and lost an election. Losing an election has got to be painful, but maybe you can talk about that and make your case to them while at the same time letting them make their case to you,
I've been volunteering my services for law, medicine, accounting & engineering for over a decade. What I got was dozens of phone calls a day asking for more volunteering. (Now I don't answer my phone.) I wasn't trying to get famous back then but it didn't contribute to any fame, except fame as someone to exploit.

p.s. Losing elections (or losing anything) doesn't affect me. I have failed at more things than anybody I know, have ever met, or ever heard of; I literally try and fail at 100s of things a year. This is a great strength because censor & embarassment is not effective against me. You don't get all my achievements with a thin skin.

The video series is what I am talking about. What I am saying is that you could turn this into a kind of documentary series you put on YouTube. Lots of candidates run and make the case they should lead some district without actually bothering to understand the district at any level other than funding (which means top donors only and lip service to everybody else through collective interest groups such as unions). YOU could just spend the next few years going around not only finding out for yourself what people need but showcasing your district's needs for all to see.

You could help people to actually understand your district, how it works, how the people live, what their concerns really are, and so forth.

The fame you want to win the election is not necessarily the kind of fame people get for having interesting podcasts. Becoming a famous podcaster with the intent of winning an election requires you to achieve goodwill from the voters. The documentary would establish that you actually give a shit about these people, even when you lost, and you not only want to help them but to understand them and to show the world how much you love that district.

Meanwhile, the person who won the election is sitting in Congress doing what exactly to help these people? Nothing. The guy who lost the election is actually taking the time to understand what went wrong and how to help people. He is putting these concerns online for all to see and showing that he actually cares about the district while the winner of the election is doing jackshit in Congress except #Resisting.

That's how you can win an election from out of nowhere.

Even though you lost the election, you can still lead while the person who won probably does nothing of the kind. Do you see what I am saying here? It doesn't have to be the documentary series. It can be anything. Just lead no matter what.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:15 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:02 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:58 pm
You could also start a stealth campaign of constructing Confederate statues around the South.

All these little proto-Taliban leftist out there tearing down statuary and strutting around like they’re big change makers ... BOOM! In one week, fifteen Confederate General statues appear in random town squares.
:lol:
Real talk, this would garner some publicity. You would get interviews Martin. Say that its not about slavery, its about history or something. That would get you on the news fast. It would also get you a shitload of death threats from Jedi and his cronies.
Bonus Points: save money by commissioning the statues from craftsmen in sub-Saharan Africa.

Then, when the inevitable charges of “RACISM” come, you can respond “My project created more wealth and economic opportunity for blacks than the collective efforts of my yowling detractors combined. Not that facts are a strong suit of directionless mobs - but deeds not words, motherfuckers”.

Instant fame.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:15 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:09 pm
heydaralon wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:58 pm
You could also start a stealth campaign of constructing Confederate statues around the South.

All these little proto-Taliban leftist out there tearing down statuary and strutting around like they’re big change makers ... BOOM! In one week, fifteen Confederate General statues appear in random town squares.
:lol:
Real talk, this would garner some publicity. You would get interviews Martin. Say that its not about slavery, its about history or something. That would get you on the news fast. It would also get you a shitload of death threats from Jedi and his cronies.
How much you make a year?
Last year I was in school so on the books I made about 14K. I did quite a bit of yardwork on the side so add maybe 6-7K to that. This year I will make about 24K give or take. I have never fronted on here like I had my shit together or had a great career or anything, but I am trying man.
Shikata ga nai

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:17 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:15 pm
jediuser598 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:09 pm
heydaralon wrote:

How much you make a year?
Last year I was in school so on the books I made about 14K. I did quite a bit of yardwork on the side so add maybe 6-7K to that. This year I will make about 24K give or take. I have never fronted on here like I had my shit together or had a great career or anything, but I am trying man.
Ha! I make less than you.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Martin Hash wrote:

Just play off the losing the election thing. Say you want to figure out what Washingtonians really want. Take up city and volunteer jobs all over the district to find out what people are up to, how they live and work, and what their concerns are. Make that into a YouTube channel.

That's what I would do if I didn't hate seeing myself on camera and lost an election. Losing an election has got to be painful, but maybe you can talk about that and make your case to them while at the same time letting them make their case to you,
I've been volunteering my services for law, medicine, accounting & engineering for over a decade. What I got was dozens of phone calls a day asking for more volunteering. (Now I don't answer my phone.) I wasn't trying to get famous back then but it didn't contribute to any fame, except fame as someone to exploit.

p.s. Losing elections (or losing anything) doesn't affect me. I have failed at more things than anybody I know, have ever met, or ever heard of; I literally try and fail at 100s of things a year. This is a great strength because censor & embarassment is not effective against me. You don't get all my achievements with a thin skin.
What is a project that you have failed in the last year that wasn't your campaign? I'm not asking to sneer, I am genuinely curious to know what other things you attempt on the side.
Shikata ga nai

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:19 pm

Lightning Strike fame is definitely alluring, however, when I say "organic," I mean that guy's heard of me, and he promotes me to 2 other guys, etc. So far, that hasn't been working out, but I think it's because no critical mass; 1:100 people is too thin, and the 1 goes away if nobody else shows up.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:19 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:18 pm
Martin Hash wrote:

What is a project that you have failed in the last year that wasn't your campaign? I'm not asking to sneer, I am genuinely curious to know what other things you attempt on the side.
Dude, don't you read "Martin's Minutes"?

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:19 pm
Lightning Strike fame is definitely alluring, however, when I say "organic," I mean that guy's heard of me, and he promotes to 2 other guys, etc. So far, that hasn't been working out, but I think it's because no critical mass; 1:100 people is too thin, and the 1 goes away if nobody else shows up.
Start a newspaper.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:25 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:19 pm
Lightning Strike fame is definitely alluring, however, when I say "organic," I mean that guy's heard of me, and he promotes to 2 other guys, etc. So far, that hasn't been working out, but I think it's because no critical mass; 1:100 people is too thin, and the 1 goes away if nobody else shows up.
It’s because your accomplishments are unfocused. What is Zuckerbeg famous for? Facebook. What is Eminem famous for? White rapper. What is warren Buffet famous for? Investing. What is Kim Kardashian famous for? Sex tape.

What is Martin Hash famous for?
Well, he writes books, and does a podcast, he has a lot of degrees, he’s rich from making graphic software back in the day, he ran for office ...

... no one is a famous generalist. Even famous generalists are famous for one big thing. What’s Ben Franklin famous for? Electricity/kite experiment.

People are famous for excelling at something in particular. Not for having their hands in a lot of pies. If the messaging can’t be boiled down to Martin is famous for X, then it’s too unfocused for the masses to relate to.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"