Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Ph64 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:33 am
Ph64 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:17 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:41 pm
The illegal economic migrants committing the crimes are a different matter. Despite what some would believe I have never supported their right to stay in the UK and I would support them being sent home, if home can be established and it is safe to return them.
Umm... If you can't establish where their "home" is, then obviously you can't really determine war refugee vs economic migrant can you? So why would you let them in at all in that case? I mean, if you don't know where they came from then chances are you also have no idea of their name, age, possible criminal background, or really much of anything, you're just trusting whatever bullshit they might tell you.

So you let them in anyways, and then you figure out later you don't really want them (commit crimes or whatever) and you can't send them away because you "can't establish" where they came from? Why TF did you take them in the first place then?

(I know the answer to that... It begins with "bleeding heart", betting you can finish it yourself)
Just goes to show that the situation is a lot more complicated than "send them all home, they don't belong here".
As for bleeding heart, I prefer the term compassionate human being but I wouldn't expect a right-tard like yourself to understand.
Funny, since I'm a registered Dem, though I voted for Johnson because I couldn't bring myself to vote for either Hillary or Trump. But I guess I'm a "right-tard" then, as anyone to the right of Stalin would be to a far-leftist.

And totally no compassion. I mean two years ago when an obviously injured skunk appeared in my yard at like 3pm in the afternoon, hobbling around, y'know what my un-compassionate self did? Watched it a bit, noticed it's left front leg was visibly hurt (fur missing in spots) - not acting crazy, probably not rabies, but still cautiously grabbed some dry cat food and tossed it out for it. It came back every day (though as it's leg got better it showed up later, closer to dusk), I researched online for better food choice (cat food isn't good for skunks long term)... I literally could walk right up to it and put food down, it might back up a few steps but it was mostly pretty trusting after a month or so. Still comes around, 2 years later, right around dusk. (I know it'll stop coming around one of these days, they typically only live 3-5yrs in the wild).

Here's the thing, I'm more than happy to help it, to the extent I can, in its own natural home. I'm not willing to open my door and let it (or the raccoons and possum that come around) into my house (besides the fact it's illegal). I know they would get into all kinds of trouble if I let them in my home, therefore as much as I love animals the only ones that get free run of my house are the ones that I choose to let in based on knowledge of what animals are an appropriate match to what I want my home life to be like. To take in a menagerie of different critters is certainly possible, but it takes care to understand that some just can't live together well, and even some that "can" some will be more trouble than its worth. Yes, a mountain lion and a domestic dog "might" be able to get along... but it's always dangerous, very specialized needs, not something most people should be considering.

I'm not thinking that leaving my doors wide open all the time is a good idea, I might not mind the neighbors cat stopping by, but skunks, raccoons, possums, foxes, coyotes, bears, mice, squirrels, chipmunks... I think that kind of open-door "multiculturalism" would bring disaster/chaos to my home. What do you think?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:38 pm

https://tribunist.com/news/taco-bell-em ... mer-video/

Multicult is really fucking great, fam. Lovin it.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Ph64 wrote:

Umm... If you can't establish where their "home" is, then obviously you can't really determine war refugee vs economic migrant can you? So why would you let them in at all in that case? I mean, if you don't know where they came from then chances are you also have no idea of their name, age, possible criminal background, or really much of anything, you're just trusting whatever bullshit they might tell you.

So you let them in anyways, and then you figure out later you don't really want them (commit crimes or whatever) and you can't send them away because you "can't establish" where they came from? Why TF did you take them in the first place then?

(I know the answer to that... It begins with "bleeding heart", betting you can finish it yourself)
Just goes to show that the situation is a lot more complicated than "send them all home, they don't belong here".
As for bleeding heart, I prefer the term compassionate human being but I wouldn't expect a right-tard like yourself to understand.
Funny, since I'm a registered Dem, though I voted for Johnson because I couldn't bring myself to vote for either Hillary or Trump. But I guess I'm a "right-tard" then, as anyone to the right of Stalin would be to a far-leftist.

And totally no compassion. I mean two years ago when an obviously injured skunk appeared in my yard at like 3pm in the afternoon, hobbling around, y'know what my un-compassionate self did? Watched it a bit, noticed it's left front leg was visibly hurt (fur missing in spots) - not acting crazy, probably not rabies, but still cautiously grabbed some dry cat food and tossed it out for it. It came back every day (though as it's leg got better it showed up later, closer to dusk), I researched online for better food choice (cat food isn't good for skunks long term)... I literally could walk right up to it and put food down, it might back up a few steps but it was mostly pretty trusting after a month or so. Still comes around, 2 years later, right around dusk. (I know it'll stop coming around one of these days, they typically only live 3-5yrs in the wild).

Here's the thing, I'm more than happy to help it, to the extent I can, in its own natural home. I'm not willing to open my door and let it (or the raccoons and possum that come around) into my house (besides the fact it's illegal). I know they would get into all kinds of trouble if I let them in my home, therefore as much as I love animals the only ones that get free run of my house are the ones that I choose to let in based on knowledge of what animals are an appropriate match to what I want my home life to be like. To take in a menagerie of different critters is certainly possible, but it takes care to understand that some just can't live together well, and even some that "can" some will be more trouble than its worth. Yes, a mountain lion and a domestic dog "might" be able to get along... but it's always dangerous, very specialized needs, not something most people should be considering.

I'm not thinking that leaving my doors wide open all the time is a good idea, I might not mind the neighbors cat stopping by, but skunks, raccoons, possums, foxes, coyotes, bears, mice, squirrels, chipmunks... I think that kind of open-door "multiculturalism" would bring disaster/chaos to my home. What do you think?
Racist! Comparing people to animals. I'd look at it more as an aspect of the open door and who you let in your house.
Last edited by clubgop on Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Ph64 wrote:

You are a democrat? Unfollowed lol
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:47 pm

“Transgender Adolescent Suicide Behavior,”
was published in Pediatrics, the official peer-reviewed journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics.

the alarmingly high rate of suicide attempts among transgender boys, the study reported an attempted-suicide rate of over 40 percent for adolescents who identify as gender nonconforming (neither exclusively male or female) and nearly 30 percent for transgender girls (children and teens who were born male but identify as female).
https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/09/14/ ... d-suicide/

Maybe we shouldn't be promoting this deadly shit.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Damn. They even adopted our propensity for suicide.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Are our bullies doing enough to reach the other 60%?

More at 11.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:10 pm

We cannot allow a bullying gap.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:09 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:05 pm
Are our bullies doing enough to reach the other 60%?

More at 11.
What are you saying, these folks choose their gender, choose to kill themselves, but that's all someone elses fault ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:18 pm